Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth's Undefendable Tactic or not?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 15, 2009
I have a 50 level death wizard that was fed up with getting beat by Myth casters. So I loaded up all my treasure cards with Myth shields. I'm not complaining about the double hit, I felt confident I was prepared.

It felt like a race from the beginning trying to get up the shields so I would have at least two up for the Cerebus hound. So as I'm building my defenses up and trying to throw a couple of charms, he was gaining pips throwing up death shields, hitting with a couple of strikes with his wand.

It doesnt matter how many shields you have built up to protect yourself against the double strike because with a full set of pips myth can hit with earthquake and then cerebus right after. How is anyone suppose to defend against that?

Anyone know a counter tactic to this?

I am coming to the conclusion that death is great for questing, but sucks for the arena.

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
Defender
May 29, 2009
Myth is tough, no doubt about it. Here's the approach I take when fighting myth:

1. Don't worry too much about the double shielding. If the cards happen to come that way, sure put them up. But in the long run, it's not worth it to consciously play this strategy. It involves too much discarding and multiple rounds to keep up that kind of defense. Plus it just tends to invite the earthquake/orthrus combo.

2. Damage them early. Make them at least think about using their pips to heal instead of attacking you. Don't wait for the big setup. If you can put up a death blade/curse/feint, hit them with a pirate early. If they shield, hit them with poison.

3. If they put up myth bubble (time of legend), take it down before they are within pip range. For death, this means doom and gloom which will in your favor if you've done #2 (damage them early).

4. Don't let the minion live. The myth cyclops minion is one of the best in the game. Keep some scarecrows in your sideboard that you can easily access. The minion will slowly chip away at your health. With scarecrow, you can use him to your advantage a bit and at least steal some life from it as you defeat it.

5. As far as defense against orthrus, the only real way is the blunt their attack (cast weakness, a lot of them -- stack a treasure weakness on top if you can) and of course, make sure you did #3, take down time of legend. With weakness on and no bubble, the orthrus hit isn't as bad and the damage is within range of a heal/life steal.

6. If they're casting death shields, poison is your friend. If you're going first and can sneak an attack in, don't hesitate to use feint. Sure it puts a 30% trap on yourself, but the first hit with minotaur or orthrus is weak and that's what will trigger the 30% trap.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Temperest wrote:
I have a 50 level death wizard that was fed up with getting beat by Myth casters. So I loaded up all my treasure cards with Myth shields. I'm not complaining about the double hit, I felt confident I was prepared.

It felt like a race from the beginning trying to get up the shields so I would have at least two up for the Cerebus hound. So as I'm building my defenses up and trying to throw a couple of charms, he was gaining pips throwing up death shields, hitting with a couple of strikes with his wand.

It doesnt matter how many shields you have built up to protect yourself against the double strike because with a full set of pips myth can hit with earthquake and then cerebus right after. How is anyone suppose to defend against that?

I am coming to the conclusion that death is great for questing, but sucks for the arena.
Being a grandmaster myth wizard here are some tips

1.Rebirth spirit armor shields cant be broken by earthquake

2.Dont use all shields at once.(when i fight someone who relys on towers,i use earthquake.)

3.Use 1 tower shield(or myth shield)and when they get over 4 pips get shields out because there most likely to use minotaur or orthrus(cerberus hound in your case lol)

4. If your foe looks like he is about to use earthquake(signs are using blades and putting shields up) hit them with something hard because every time i use earthquake i try to keep pushing them until they die.(and they're most likely to do the same)

So there are some tips i got for you. Hope they help 8) 8)

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Temperest wrote:

Being a grandmaster myth wizard here are some tips

1.Rebirth spirit armor shields cant be broken by earthquake

2.Dont use all shields at once.(when i fight someone who relys on towers,i use earthquake.)

3.Use 1 tower shield(or myth shield)and when they get over 4 pips get shields out because there most likely to use minotaur or orthrus(cerberus hound in your case lol)

4. If your foe looks like he is about to use earthquake(signs are using blades and putting shields up) hit them with something hard because every time i use earthquake i try to keep pushing them until they die.(and they're most likely to do the same)

So there are some tips i got for you. Hope they help 8) 8)

Thanks to both of you. I'll be shooting for success.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
You kidding? death is great for pvp especially in 1v1 and 4v4. My lvl 19 death is almost a warlord, was but i wanted to rank down

Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
Temperest wrote:

i would love to fight you in the unicorn relem 1 and show you what pvp with death is all about i have a myth that is level 42 alric trollthief and he is warlord ya got to learn how to put the spells in your deck. ya got to put lots of the potions this in so when they have shields you can take them off and then use wraith or pirate. but dont get mad at us cause were good in pvp

Historian
May 15, 2009
Yes the myth doubler hitters make it very difficult to shield BUT
how about spamming WEAKNESS instead of shields the percent it cuts is close to tower lower by a mere 20% but that plus your resistance lets say u got war lord gear thats like 30% resist so its still 60% resist for both hits