Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ironworks: incredbly hard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
for anybody under level 25, make sure a level 40 is with you when you enter the ironworks. it is the most twisted, crazy and hardest place I have been in seince sunken city. it makes me want to rip my hair out. once I made it to pops o'leary a life refused to heal me and used satr on every one but me I got mad.
level 34 pryomancer,
Ryan BlueRiver

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
wahlykid wrote:
for anybody under level 25, make sure a level 40 is with you when you enter the ironworks. it is the most twisted, crazy and hardest place I have been in seince sunken city. it makes me want to rip my hair out. once I made it to pops o'leary a life refused to heal me and used satr on every one but me I got mad.
level 34 pryomancer,
Ryan BlueRiver

But see, you say that because you are around the lvls this dungeon was made for. I can finish the whole dugeon by myself in 15 minutes.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
If you think that's hard just wait until you get to Katz lab navagating through that place is a nightmare and finding the chimney's while trying to watch and make sure no one pulls you into a battle I soloed it last night and then it reset after spending only God knows how much time looking for the chimneys then today I took another stab at it and thankfully had someone help me battle two of the bosses so I can get through it quicker he then had to leave which was fine. I saw someone online on my friends mind you after soloing the whole game up till this point and only my second time in asking for help I get a grandmaster thats the only one on online friends and I ask him where the first chimney is and he says good bye noob, the nerve of some people like he never needed help right just because I ask for help I get called a noob which I am in no way a noob.... anyways, my point is Katz lab is a living the main boss is cake compared to trying to find those chimneys. Everyone has their big challenges in this game and I guess this was mine.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
Ok the iron works was a little hard but you just need a healer if your storm or fire and if your a healer then you need a storm or fire. Any other element it should be easy.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
that was weird. The day i posted that message i tried the iron works another time and finished it! it is a curse! a good curse !

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I finished Ironworks, defeated Pops O'leary but still have the quest! I re entered ironworks thru digmoore station and I can walk all the way thru it to Pops O leary who is not there! Any answers?

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
the key to your problem is that you just make a friend go to the things you need and you get them too the chimy is easy you have to do it in order and pop is easy to find and the rest EASY so just get a life and me to do it and you will be finding your self unharmed just like me and the other three people no damge to me not once in big ben it was easy because some of the floors are just people not battles well idk about the milk spilling i just did it twice then the last we didnt have time so we left it still kitty big meowarity ugly and sorry i went out of subgect for a bit there

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
I don't think Ironworks was hard at all. I'm a level 34 necromancer and i'm currently working on that Katz Lab dungeon. Ironworks was NOTHING compared to Katz Lab.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009

Ok dude really? I got through the Ironworks in 10 minuites and
was a level 28 necromancer used no treasure cards and dont even have animate yet

EASIEST DUNGEON IN MARLEYBONE

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
AnimeFreak2112 wrote:
I don't think Ironworks was hard at all. I'm a level 34 necromancer and i'm currently working on that Katz Lab dungeon. Ironworks was NOTHING compared to Katz Lab.

Compare both of them to Big Ben and it is no contest. Big Ben is too hard but I was lucky to defeat Meowiarty. I was wondering, where do you get the Flamezilla pet?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
stupidrocker1 wrote:

Ok dude really? I got through the Ironworks in 10 minuites and
was a level 28 necromancer used no treasure cards and dont even have animate yet

EASIEST DUNGEON IN MARLEYBONE

Well played

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
wahlykid wrote:
level 34 pryomancer,
Ryan BlueRiver

I easily beat Ironworks, but i forgot to get the cat there. Oh and Kensington Park is A LOT harder!

Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
you guys I finished the ironworks at level 29. if you think the ironworks were hard get a load of katz lab.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
wahlykid wrote:
level 34 pryomancer,
Ryan BlueRiver

It was pretty easy for me and I soloed it. If you think its hard you might as well grind your teeth because a little something called big ben, kaztsteins lab, kenningston park {still havent beaten it yet} and the labyrinth are coming up.

Luke GriffeSpear Fire GM
Austin StormBringer Storm lvl 30

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
Ok well I would be welcomed to help any of you with anything in this world. :).
In order for me to help YOU you must:
Say what time
What realm
What boss
Reply to me.

P.S. (sorry this is long ki ) Anyways, IF you have different time zones, I am pacfic.Tell me what time to be for your time and my time. I am bad at time zones :x

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
sparkboy187 wrote:
catz lab....... when somebody utters those words it makes me scared

ok one it is KATZ lab and two, i feel the same way only the labyrinth is like 20 times worse

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
In my opinion, the Ironworks was the easiest dungeon I had ever played. It had only a few bosses, all who weren't too strong, not many quests. Just fill up all of your potions before you go in there, and you'll be fine.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
sparkboy187 wrote:
catz lab....... when somebody utters those words it makes me scared

Yah, its a pain. Not as much as father drake (and doing it as my pyro, sheesh! like every single monster in that death hole is fire!), though!

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
wahlykid wrote:
level 34 pryomancer,
Ryan BlueRiver

For me, the Ironworks was a breeze. I had to re-do it only once, and that was because my brother was sick, so my mom said we had to go to the doctor. I logged off, and turned off my computer. Then I ran downstairs, and my mom said that my brother was too sick to go to the doctor, so I had to do everything over. I was in the middle of fighting Pops O' Leary when that happened! Anyway, I re-did it in about 30 minutes or so. Easiest ten bucks I ever earned. ~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Alright well i guess this makes me feel better about the Ironworks... that is hearing from everyone that its not as hard as i think it will be. Even though i am a life wizard i normaly dont solo them, i mean i would in some of the ones in Krokotopia and maybe Sunken City, but i havent tried the Ironworks. Also everytime i go to try it, no one will come in with me. Not trying to complain in any of this writing, just saying what i noticed. It seems that Marleybone is one of the least played places, i dont see as many people, is that because its not a Free Play zone? Anyway, can anyone give me advice on how to play through the Ironworks???
Destiny Dayflower
28 (almost 29) Life

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
hawaiigirl465 wrote:
Alright well i guess this makes me feel better about the Ironworks... that is hearing from everyone that its not as hard as i think it will be. Even though i am a life wizard i normaly dont solo them, i mean i would in some of the ones in Krokotopia and maybe Sunken City, but i havent tried the Ironworks. Also everytime i go to try it, no one will come in with me.
Destiny Dayflower
28 (almost 29) Life

I can help you with the Ironworks on Sunday (June 27th) afternoon if you'd like. I have soloed it twice because I didn't get the stray cat the first time. Let me know what time and what realm. I'll meet you at the entrance to the airboat to the Ironworks.

Joseph Starbringer Level 40 Ice

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
The ironworks...Aww...also my nightmare. I have tried like 5 times to do this and I am so frustrated that I can't find the first chimney. I also hate the fact that everytime I fail to run the wrong way, I get pulled in for a meaningless battle. I still have not even made it to Pops yet.

I am going to try it until I get it because now, I feel like this is my own personal misson.

Saffron SilverPetal
Student of Fire
Adept Pyromancer
Level 34

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Although its not too hard to solo Ironworks, if you have trouble getting pulled into battles, go in with someone else. If you get pulled in, esc/quit then port back to your friend. The game will tell you you will lose progress but as long as your friend is still in the dungeon, you'll pick up where you left off.

As for the chimney's, they are totally annoying. I have done Ironworks with 5 different wizards and each time i have trouble finding the last chimney! Good luck!

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
Although its not too hard to solo Ironworks, if you have trouble getting pulled into battles, go in with someone else. If you get pulled in, esc/quit then port back to your friend. The game will tell you you will lose progress but as long as your friend is still in the dungeon, you'll pick up where you left off.

As for the chimney's, they are totally annoying. I have done Ironworks with 5 different wizards and each time i have trouble finding the last chimney! Good luck!

I finished iron works first try and I was a level 30. I didn't have help. I did it all on my own. It is "EASY". The problem I have is finding the chimney's in the dungeon on the roof where Watson is while doing the lab dungeon. I am yet to find all five. I have so far successfully found 4. I find killing the bosses much more fun and invigorating. I feel "questing" for puzzles a bit annoying. Looking for something is rather time consuming. I don't mind finding the clues to unlock something but searching for chimney's with a blind path to not knowing where all of them are is a bit much. They should be closer together or at least be included in the little yellow arrow that shows you were your next quest is. At least when you have to have codes for shields to unlock a door they are easy to find. You beat the boss you get the code. Simple but those darned chimmeny's are a nuicance.

Btw, easiest way to really beat something on your own in a solo, pick life as your secondary school by buying up life spells. I like them because you get the "pan" it heals you up to 860 points. I am a pyromancer and I find it really helps to have "pan". True, I can't have all the life spells as those are earned by questing if you are a healer. But what you can learn is very helpful. I just love the "centar as well." Even against a life creature your "pan" fully heals you even if the spells are not really helpful towards them. Also always use spells that are opposite of the spell caster beast in front of you. If they use life, use another spell such as death,fire,myth,storm.

Never use life. Life against life is rather terrible. I find I have more issues fighting a pyromancer beast than I do from an ice beast or a myth beast and so forth. You would think you could easily beat a fire creature being that is your forte. But that is not the case. If you are fighting something of the same "caste" it is much harder. My suggestion when you can use the opposite spells against something of the same "make". I find that ice works best when they don't have ice shields up. Which often they do.

So that is when I break out the life spells. On things that are life I use my pyromancer skills. I hope I make since to those that are lower level. Avoid fighting the same type of beast that casts the same spells as you can. The symbol of what they cast is usually connected to their names. Like say a pyromancer beast has a flame by its name. Easy clue. Try and avoid them when you can. You can't always but when you can do so. It makes the game easier to manenuver in. And you are much more successful everytime.

I know lower levels can do it because I took out the 2200 level beast and his minion in Grizzleheim on my own at level 25.