Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tricking out Your ride!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Alright I had quit for a while but once I saw the mount commercial I was sucked right back in! Though I found the mount selection a little small. So I am writing here as a place for you to express Mount ideas you think would be cool (Along with some of mine)

1. Panthers (I think we should extend the big cat collection)

2.Lizards (Kinda like a mander but bigger and walks on 4 legs)

3. School Specific Mounts (Have a quest when the players reach a high level 40 through 50 or higher if the max goes up. This would also be a cool time to add a new spell that the mount gives!)

For the school specific ones I will give my Life Idea cause that's my school How about a gryphon or Pegasus You have to admit thatd be cool! (No unfortunatly they cant fly.) Please other schools post your ideas for Mounts and mount spells!

Thomas EarthStrider
Lvl 42 Theurgist

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Great ideas. I can't wait for other users to kick in their contributions.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
MordanTheGreat wrote:
Great ideas. I can't wait for other users to kick in their contributions.
Thanks for posting! now there's another forum with idea for school mounts and i am sure i wasn't the first for the idea but hes got more posts then me lol I feel ripped.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
For the school mounts i also agree maybe the rides can be:

Myth-Myth people can ride on the minotaurs shoulder :-o

Storm-Storm people can ride a kraken :)
Card:Kraken

Balance-Balance people can ride a hydra 8)
Card:Hydra

Fire-Fire people can ride a fire dragon or a big sunbird :)
Card:Sunbird

Ice-Ice people can ride a ice wyvern :-)
Card:Ice wyvern

Life-Life people can ride a centaur
Card:Centaur

Death-Death can use the vampires coffin as a mini skateboard
Card:Vampire

(Yes i know some cards are better than others.)

Well there are my idea's .

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
yea and for stormi have seen a kracken walk on all fours so a kracken mount and the attack that could go with it would be a 40 storm boost. :D

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
For the school mounts i also agree maybe the rides can be:

Myth-Myth people can ride on the minotaurs shoulder :-o

Storm-Storm people can ride a kraken :)
Card:Kraken

Balance-Balance people can ride a hydra 8)
Card:Hydra

Fire-Fire people can ride a fire dragon or a big sunbird :)
Card:Sunbird

Ice-Ice people can ride a ice wyvern :-)
Card:Ice wyvern

Life-Life people can ride a centaur
Card:Centaur

Death-Death can use the vampires coffin as a mini skateboard
Card:Vampire

(Yes i know some cards are better than others.)

Well there are my idea's .
Oh i forgot to add that myths mount gives minotaur if anyone was wondering.

And the card will be fire dragon if the mount is a fire dragon.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Having two Storm Grands, I would love to see a Kracken mount. However I would not want that spell to be the spell given by the mount. By the level you would get the mount the Kracken is pretty much an obsolete spell. I know I don't keep it in my decks, it's too weak at that level.

There are some others mentioned that are good ideas for the schools, but the spells also need to be bigger, given that these school mounts would be given to higher level wizards.

My suggestion for a Fire mount is the Phoenix. Sunbird is almost a parrot(in my opinion) and sort of silly, really.
Fire Dragon, though very cool, would stink for Fire wizards since there is already a red dragon mount...and I am betting a lot of Fire wizards have this already, as I have one for my Fire Grand right now.

How about an Ice Dragon for Ice wizards?

Myth; I think ti would be cool to ride Orthrus.

Death; how about a Bone Dragon(Dragon Skeleton)?

I think it might look a little weird to ride a Centaur, almost like being on someone else's back. So how about a Unicorn or Pegasus?

I think the Hydra for Balance was a good one, but I'm sure there could be other suggestions as well.

I won't suggest spells for these mounts for the reason that if they ever decided to do this they really should attach bigger spells with the mounts, since you might get these at a higher level and also when the level cap might increase. Perhaps they would even attach spell we don't know about yet.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
My ideas (sorry, a few are repeats)

Life (rocks): Pegasus, Unicorn

Death: Shadow Hound, or Skeletal Horse

Myth: Othrus

Fire: Sunbird/ Phoenix, Fire Hound

Strom: you got me there (floating Shark?)

Ice: Wyvern, Snake

KI LOOK AT THIS!

T. Dunesword
Magus Thaumaturge

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
Having two Storm Grands, I would love to see a Kracken mount. However I would not want that spell to be the spell given by the mount. By the level you would get the mount the Kracken is pretty much an obsolete spell. I know I don't keep it in my decks, it's too weak at that level.

There are some others mentioned that are good ideas for the schools, but the spells also need to be bigger, given that these school mounts would be given to higher level wizards.

My suggestion for a Fire mount is the Phoenix. Sunbird is almost a parrot(in my opinion) and sort of silly, really.
Fire Dragon, though very cool, would stink for Fire wizards since there is already a red dragon mount...and I am betting a lot of Fire wizards have this already, as I have one for my Fire Grand right now.

How about an Ice Dragon for Ice wizards?

Myth; I think ti would be cool to ride Orthrus.

Death; how about a Bone Dragon(Dragon Skeleton)?

I think it might look a little weird to ride a Centaur, almost like being on someone else's back. So how about a Unicorn or Pegasus?

I think the Hydra for Balance was a good one, but I'm sure there could be other suggestions as well.

I won't suggest spells for these mounts for the reason that if they ever decided to do this they really should attach bigger spells with the mounts, since you might get these at a higher level and also when the level cap might increase. Perhaps they would even attach spell we don't know about yet.
Well...

I said centaur because i think life wouldn't want another healing spell

Orthrus might be to big if you think about it

A bone dragon might scare some people(depending how it looks)

An ice dragon might make some people angry because everyone knows how some spells are converted (or mutated) like ice kraken, storm elf, etc. So i think people might think ice dragon might be a rip off of fire dragon

As for phoenix i agree but the only reason i didn't say that is because phoenix is covered in fire and well uh...yeah. Maybe a saddle or something like that was put on the phoenix might make that reasonable.

And the kraken thing i understand completely but i cant think of something else besides that for storm :(.

And the new spell thing if that was the case i would agree with you.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I was thinking of more unique mounts the other day and with the new Mount add on It just leaves a very wide hole of opportunity for Kings Isle so many more quests! more armor (dont ask how) and of course new spells! Here are more examples that I thought of after studying mythology in more depth.

Life: Pegasus: gives card Pegasus 8 pips does 650-725 damage when riding it could either walk on ground like a horse or fly similar to a dragon.

Death:Basilisk:gives card Basilisk 8 pips does 700 damage and gives half to user. And how else would it move but slither?

Myth: Manticore (OUCH id hate to ride said to have spikes on its back) gives card Manticore 8 pips does 50 then 850 (For those who dont know the Manticore is a Greek Mythological creature that looked like a red lion with the ability to launch hairs from his back similar to Giant flying thorns.)

Storm: umm...hmm.... after Storm Lord how can I get something stronger?

Fire: Cretan Bull: gives card Cretan Bull 8 pips does 500 damage then 400 over three turns ( Ok this may sound like a step down but come on its a bull and it breaths fire!! oh it was captured by Hercules in one of his 12 tasks)

Ice: Err....hmm.... another road block dang frost giant.

Balance: Sphinx (Maybe? Kroksphinx?) gives card Krok/Sphinx 8 pips does 700 damage and gives 2 -55% accuracy to all enemies.

So there are some of my ideas Kings Isle please take notes......plz

Explorer
May 09, 2009
I have an idea for storm else then kraken. ( though I think kraken would be better.) giant lightning bats. Or just surfing on a wave. Maybe a stormzilla.

for ice, riding on a colosus would be fun.

firecat, troll, scorpion, or hydra.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
darkblaze83 wrote:
I was thinking of more unique mounts the other day and with the new Mount add on It just leaves a very wide hole of opportunity for Kings Isle so many more quests! more armor (dont ask how) and of course new spells! Here are more examples that I thought of after studying mythology in more depth.

Life: Pegasus: gives card Pegasus 8 pips does 650-725 damage when riding it could either walk on ground like a horse or fly similar to a dragon.

Death:Basilisk:gives card Basilisk 8 pips does 700 damage and gives half to user. And how else would it move but slither?

Myth: Manticore (OUCH id hate to ride said to have spikes on its back) gives card Manticore 8 pips does 50 then 850 (For those who dont know the Manticore is a Greek Mythological creature that looked like a red lion with the ability to launch hairs from his back similar to Giant flying thorns.)

Fire: Cretan Bull: gives card Cretan Bull 8 pips does 500 damage then 400 over three turns ( Ok this may sound like a step down but come on its a bull and it breaths fire!! oh it was captured by Hercules in one of his 12 tasks)

Balance: Sphinx (Maybe? Kroksphinx?) gives card Krok/Sphinx 8 pips does 700 damage and gives 2 -55% accuracy to all enemies.

The sphinx one should just put one -55 accuracy or people might complain about it.

The myth one is just a rip off of orthrus with 100 more damage (nice idea for a creature though)

The death one should not just have another drain spell i think it should have maybe a spell that does 500 puts -30 on each opponent and gives 100 life(to user) for each turn the weakness is still on.(oh and to make it more annoying,1 pip spells and wand moves cant be used to brake it.Must be at least rank 2)

The fire one is a good idea but however it should do maybe 450-500 over three turns instead.

The life one should be to all opponents because life is the only school without an attack every foe move.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
darkblaze83 wrote:

The sphinx one should just put one -55 accuracy or people might complain about it.

The myth one is just a rip off of orthrus with 100 more damage (nice idea for a creature though)

The death one should not just have another drain spell i think it should have maybe a spell that does 500 puts -30 on each opponent and gives 100 life(to user) for each turn the weakness is still on.(oh and to make it more annoying,1 pip spells and wand moves cant be used to brake it.Must be at least rank 2)

The fire one is a good idea but however it should do maybe 450-500 over three turns instead.

The life one should be to all opponents because life is the only school without an attack every foe move.
I see what you mean about the spells and think your corrections are great. What if the Life didnt hit all but was based on pip but if it hit all it would only do like 500 or 600 damage. Though I don't see how the Manticore rips of Orthus Is it just because hes red?

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
darkblaze83 wrote:
darkblaze83 wrote:

I see what you mean about the spells and think your corrections are great. What if the Life didnt hit all but was based on pip but if it hit all it would only do like 500 or 600 damage. Though I don't see how the Manticore rips of Orthus Is it just because hes red?
No its not because hes red its because it does the same damage for the first attack (50) and 850? I think it should be

Does 500-750 damage to all foes and takes all foes blades and shields and breaks all weaknesses, traps etc off of self.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
darkblaze83 wrote:

Ideas for strom and ice could come from native american legends. 1 is a giant bear that is similar to a polar bear. 2 is a huge bird of prey that brings a storm with it called a Thunderbird.

Ice-Giant bear (i forget the exact name) 8 pip spell 670-730 damage/ large bear mount.
Storm-Thundrebird 8 pip spell 1085-1165 damage/Large bird of prey mount with sparks arching across its wings. Flies like the dragon mount.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
I have some ideas for the school specific mounts:

On the thread where it asked "How would you change spells in-game?", I had posted a few ideas for spells for Ice, Storm, and Fire, so these three that I'm going to say are based on them:

The Fire mount would be a stone elk with fiery eyes to ride around on.

Ice would have a giant polar bear made out of ice.

And Storm would have a mechanical turtle.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
darkblaze83 wrote:
darkblaze83 wrote:

No its not because hes red its because it does the same damage for the first attack (50) and 850? I think it should be

Does 500-750 damage to all foes and takes all foes blades and shields and breaks all weaknesses, traps etc off of self.
Oh ok I see what you mean now thank you for clarifying and great idea.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I was thinking of some ideas and I think they would be great.

Fire: Giant Firecat

Ice: Hmmm...Ummm... Nah can't think of any.

Storm: First of all, I think the Kraken mount is a dumb idea.
Giant Lightning Bats

Myth: Cyclops (You ride on it's shoulders)

Life: Boys: Pegasus
Girls: Unicorn (Well, DUH)

Death: Malistaire's back! (Just kidding! Although that would be cool.)
Skeletal Pirates with wings

Balance: A rug
Big Scorpion
Hydra (Best idea for Balance)

Hope you like me ideas!
(K.I please look at this and start making them!)

Valdus DeathShade Level 26 Adept Necromancer

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
This is Dark Blaze thanks for all the ideas lets keep them flowing! if we keep posting long enough maybe KI will take note just keep up the great and creative ideas! 8) Heres a bonus one I forgot to captalize on

Life: Gryphon: could fly like dragon or run. gives card Gryphon 8 pip (Animation) Swoops down lands in forest meadow (Surrounded like in scarecrow looks like satyrs meadow but with trees around it about half way) does roar similar to Earth Walker except Eagley then flys up and attacks all enemies for 500 to 600 damage.

( OH P.S. background doesnt move found that weird with other heal or attacks all)

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I hate double posting but this hit me. Your mount just disappears right so instead of getting a regular attack why not give you a minion??? It could either automatically spawn or give 7 new minion cards Please look at previous ideas and tell me what minions you would want :D

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
A Draconian minoin for the fire dragon would be awesome!

Samuel Dragonsword
Adept Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
i like the new mounts but there still too slow. what about making a dragon that we can ride on one like the one we ride to get to the dragon roost but we can steer it and it goes 60-100 speed and flies on a cool air road above all the areas like cyclops lane and tree of life. 8)

pyromancer:tyler dragoneyes 50 grandmaster

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
frogboy38668 wrote:
i like the new mounts but there still too slow. what about making a dragon that we can ride on one like the one we ride to get to the dragon roost but we can steer it and it goes 60-100 speed and flies on a cool air road above all the areas like cyclops lane and tree of life. 8)

pyromancer:tyler dragoneyes 50 grandmaster

Yeeeeeaaaah... I'm thinking thats not gonna happen... Its too much work for KI. Plus millions of wizards will be doing it. But it would be cool if that were to happen :D.

Kristen MoonShard
(I'm sooooo awesome!)