Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cannot move items around in my Wizard House

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Alright. I just got the Pavilion from Felicia Worthinton, and I can't move ANYTHING around in my house. I know this is how it is usually in the Test Realm for the first little-bit. But, it's been 15minutes on waiting. And I am in the Live Realm. Wizard101, isn't letting me do a lot of stuff on my computer like.

I can't go to the Test Realm
I can't see what housing Items I want to craft
Items in my house get stuck.
The game lags a lot.
And I can't move anything around in my house
OH. And it takes about 5 minutes just to start the game up.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
I know I myself can't seem to move to rugs I put down in my home. The Blue Runner, and Tatami Mat once put down, can't be picked up. I can't move or rotatate them either...heck I can't even get it to hilight when my cursor goes over it. Anyone know of a way to fix this, or even a way to just get them removed from the home in exchange for the gold spent to buy them?

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
I seem to have an issue like this too. I have two rugs in my home that once I placed them I couldn't hilight, pick up, move, or rotate them. The Blue Runner and Tatami Mat seem to be a bit glitched or broken...does anyone know of any way to fix these two items, or maybe if it's possible to get them removed from my home and gold paid for them put back to the account?

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
basically same exact thing with me i have 4 rugs in my house and it won't let me move them tham game is lagging and it NEVER lags on my computer and it takes longer to load! i want to move those rugs outside so i can make the train thing where it keeps going but i can't any more! :(

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
That same thing happened to me! I put my magic of storm book down and now i cant pick it up!

On last Wednesday, 1/20/2009, we had a hot fix which should have fixed problems with picking up the Long Blue Runner, the Tatami Mat and several other rugs.

If anyone is still can’t pick them up, please let me know by posting a reply.

KennethB, can you tell me which house you have and where in it your Magic of Storm book is stuck?

Arthur Wethersfield

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
ArthurWethersfield wrote:
On last Wednesday, 1/20/2009, we had a hot fix which should have fixed problems with picking up the Long Blue Runner, the Tatami Mat and several other rugs.

KennethB, can you tell me which house you have and where in it your Magic of Storm book is stuck?

Arthur Wethersfield

Hi, I cannot move anything around in my castle either. This happened a couple days ago and I still can't pick anything up or place anything down. The button to edit my castle to place and pick up things is dimmed down, like you can't press it. Is there a way to get passed this? It is doing the same thing in my dorm room also. And also, the castle I own is the one for 15,000 gold available in the Shopping District

Administrator
ILikeCheesyDonuts wrote:

Hi, I cannot move anything around in my castle either. This happened a couple days ago and I still can't pick anything up or place anything down. The button to edit my castle to place and pick up things is dimmed down, like you can't press it. Is there a way to get passed this? It is doing the same thing in my dorm room also. And also, the castle I own is the one for 15,000 gold available in the Shopping District

What you are experiencing, young Wizard, is part of our 'Nothing but Crates?' section of the Known Bugs page:

Nothing but Crates?: if you arrive at your Castle or Dorm and all your items have been mysteriously replaced with crates, don't worry, the movers are not hauling your items away. If you only see crates at your house, relax, it just means that those items are still being downloaded, and they will 'pop' back to their normal items once you've downloaded the items. During this process, your housing button may appear grey, which means you will have to wait until everything in your house has downloaded before you can start redecorating.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
i have the same problem my button is dim but when i receive a new item it says loading but the it say sorry can't connect to wizard quit and when i load wizard log in screen it say

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server

close this window (recommended)

continue to this page(not recommended)

some one plz help!

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
my house is the grand fortress dragonspyre house and i put a large watcher rug and a large rug that ha allot of brown on it anyway when i put them down in the cave ( near the lava pool ) they are stuck it won't highlight when i put my coursor over it! so please arthur or greyrose PLEASE respond those rugs combined are more then 1,700 gold! plz respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunter legend wraith level 50 necromancer

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Arthur Wethersfield wrote:

Arthur Wethersfield

This is just the opposite, but still a problem. I cannot "Place" the rug anywhere.

I just got a Large Watcher Rug and it is showing okay in my backpack. When I go to my house (Imperial House from Mooshu) and try to place it, the rug moves around, but I cannot place it anywhere. I have tried all of the rooms, and I have even tried to place it outside in different places. The rug appears okay, but it will not place anywhere. Any ideas...?

Molly IronHand

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
Arthur Wethersfield wrote:

Arthur Wethersfield

I have a similar issue. I can't move my furniture around. Any furniture. I can't go into the inside of my house. I can't use the spiral door in my house and i can't use the Go Home button and the Commons button. Can you help me? My house is the house you buy in wizard city the 15000 one.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I too have this problem, It seems that i am unable to move anything around my house, or dorm, and this effects all my wizards.

This happened after i received my plant spells, the "move things around house" button is darkened and cannot be clicked on.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
instead of not being able to move things around, my cursor isn't even showing up on game. help?

Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
I have a problem when i go to my dorm or castle i cant press my object button it is dimmed but nothing in my dorm is crates so why is this?

And i just bought the Epic Bundle and i cant go to the castle it gives me it says it is not ready yet why is it saying this?

Survivor
May 22, 2011
I can't even press my button and I don't have a lot of stuff in there. Just some pets a bed, banner,chair and a desk please help I have a item that i really need to put in there.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Skyler1353 wrote:
I can't even press my button and I don't have a lot of stuff in there. Just some pets a bed, banner,chair and a desk please help I have a item that i really need to put in there.

Look in the top left hand corner of your screen. If you see the spiral indicating a download you will not be able to place items in your house until the download completes.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life