Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 25, 2009
Johnist wrote:
Perhaps KingsIsle could add a fishing activity to Wizard101, allowing us to fish in any river/pond as long as we have Energy to do so. This Activity could be for Level 20+, and could be started simply by having us visit the existing NPC: Haarek Silverscale, the Fish Master, who is fishing by the bridge to Savaarstad Pass and Mirkholm Keep.

Fishing could cost different energy based on the different waters your fishing in, and you could get Snacks, Pets, or Reagents as well as Fishing XP. The higher your Fishing Rank, the more areas you can fish in.

Example
The Commons - Fishing in the Pond costs 2 Energy, Minimum Rank: Novice Fisherman
Triton Avenue - Kraken Pad Fishing costs 3 Energy, Minimum Rank: Novice Fisherman
The Oasis - Oasis Fishing costs 2 Energy, Minimum Rank: Novice Fisherman
Northguard - River Fishing from Cliff costs 8 Energy, Minimum Rank: Adept Fisherman
I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greyrose or Falmea please respond!

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Johnist wrote:
Perhaps KingsIsle could add a fishing activity to Wizard101, allowing us to fish in any river/pond as long as we have Energy to do so. This Activity could be for Level 20+, and could be started simply by having us visit the existing NPC: Haarek Silverscale, the Fish Master, who is fishing by the bridge to Savaarstad Pass and Mirkholm Keep.

Fishing could cost different energy based on the different waters your fishing in, and you could get Snacks, Pets, or Reagents as well as Fishing XP. The higher your Fishing Rank, the more areas you can fish in.

Example
The Commons - Fishing in the Pond costs 2 Energy, Minimum Rank: Novice Fisherman
Triton Avenue - Kraken Pad Fishing costs 3 Energy, Minimum Rank: Novice Fisherman
Northguard - River Fishing from Cliff costs 8 Energy, Minimum Rank: Adept Fisherman

Goll-lllyy! Fishing! I'll take whatever fishing idea they come up with...totally take it. :D I'd be so into that....nice idea... :) And... someday, fishing badges? Lol!..making a wish on a fish. :D

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
This idea was discussed on Ravenwood Radio a few times and everyone loved it! You could sell the fish for gold and earn badges for the type of fish you catch - for catching so many of each type.

I don't like the idea of using energy to cast because we use so much energy right now for pet training and gardening. I think we should just be permitted to fish....treat it like a mini game and earn gold for fishing.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Johnist wrote:

Example

nice idea

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Explorer
May 28, 2009
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
I was thinking, maybe we could have a new feature where we can fish. You could keep the fish as a pet, do quests where people want fish, or just sell them. Ideas?

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Ki,

Please add fishing. Sometimes I don't feel like crafting, gardening or questing but I want to something in w101.
It would be awesome if we could go all over the spiral and fish. There could be lots of new badges and maybe rare pets or mounts you could fish up. You could maybe even fish up a very rare boss fight.
You could also maybe craft your own fishing poles for better chances of catching something.

ellie

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Explorer
May 10, 2009
Cheryl09 wrote:
Ki,

Please add fishing. Sometimes I don't feel like crafting, gardening or questing but I want to something in w101.
It would be awesome if we could go all over the spiral and fish. There could be lots of new badges and maybe rare pets or mounts you could fish up. You could maybe even fish up a very rare boss fight.
You could also maybe craft your own fishing poles for better chances of catching something.

ellie

Awesome idea! Fishing would be lots of fun! I'd also like to see who the boss fight was against, too.

See you in the spiral,

Richard Ghostrider Level 70 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Explorer
Apr 24, 2010
I would love to see fishing in wizard101 I hope if it goes in that it can have up to 4 people so me and my friends can fish while we talk

From, Corwin Trollleaf, Grandmaster life wizard

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Defender
May 17, 2011
MUST! and if you encountered a mount you would be able to buy it with crowns. like, if you fished up the swift shark mount that isn't in the crown shop anymore!

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
yeah and even tho i am a bit chatty sometimes i want to try that sounds cool, and you could fish at like, example: "the floating land" or any other places with water that are ABOVE water not like crustacean empire

to pass through the shadows, you must become swifter faster and more powerful, even in darkness and fear

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Cheryl09 wrote:

Then do PvP, collect badges, decorate your dorm/castle, train your pet(s), or do one of the many towers in the Spiral. There are so many extracurriculars in this game; why do we need more? It just distracts KI from the extensive list of problems that are already in the game.

I think there are already "fishing" badges. And as interesting as fishing for rare pets and mounts sounds, I'd rather them be drops or benefits from gardening or collecting.

As interesting as fishing sounds I don't think we need more activities in the game.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
that's a great idea, i hope it make's it in to the test realm and then the live game, GREAT idea!

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Totes! My only concern would be Dragonspyre... what would you fish for there? Magma Mollusks and Lava Lampreys?

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
AWESOME!!! agree agree agree. i'd say you have to craft your rod and bait though. and you can basically fish in water where people cant go in, for example not the commons pond.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
I am not sure if this is where i put my ideas, but my idea was for wizard101 to have fishing! It could be almost like fighting monsters without the entire battle. Get gold,equipment,elixers, and more but it all depends on your fishing level and location or some thing like that. i got the idea when i saw a "Fishing Master" in grizzleheim. And i think all players should be able to fish. At a certain level sort of like gardening. You could use empty rooms all around the spiral for a fishing shop so you can get different fishing equipment. And i know Kingsisle could make it even better than i said here.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
frankiefan01 wrote:
I am not sure if this is where i put my ideas, but my idea was for wizard101 to have fishing! It could be almost like fighting monsters without the entire battle. Get gold,equipment,elixers, and more but it all depends on your fishing level and location or some thing like that. i got the idea when i saw a "Fishing Master" in grizzleheim. And i think all players should be able to fish. At a certain level sort of like gardening. You could use empty rooms all around the spiral for a fishing shop so you can get different fishing equipment. And i know Kingsisle could make it even better than i said here.

I for one have no interest in it, but I guess others might.