Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crimson Book Stand Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Please! I need help with finding the 20 items of Blood Moss I need to finish the Crimson Book Stand Quest. Any suggestons where to get some fast or is there a Transmute card? I have been playing for 4 or 5 months and all I have are 2 blood moss. I have rechecked every quest giver for a transmute card but I have had no luck. I am a level 50 life wizard. I would appreciate anyone's help. Thanks.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
There is a transmute recipe for the blood moss I believe it is with your first crafting instructor in Olde Towne, unfortunately if you don't have a lot of mandrake it won't do you any good. It takes 15 mandrakes to make one blood moss, I know it's rediculous, but there it is. I am having the same problem and have resorted to making the blood moss, but it is almost impossible to find the red mandrake to make it and not too many people are selling theirs, so what can I do except search and beg for more.

Best of luck,
Lauren Nightflower, Balance Grand Master Wizard

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
The Transmute Blood Moss Recipe can be purchased from Eudora Tangletree in Olde Town (the same person who starts the crafting quests).

The transmute recipes are located on the same tab as the treasure cards.

Hope this helps.

Zachary FireDust
Master Artisan

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
niteorchid3 wrote:
There is a transmute recipe for the blood moss I believe it is with your first crafting instructor in Olde Towne, unfortunately if you don't have a lot of mandrake it won't do you any good. It takes 15 mandrakes to make one blood moss, I know it's rediculous, but there it is. I am having the same problem and have resorted to making the blood moss, but it is almost impossible to find the red mandrake to make it and not too many people are selling theirs, so what can I do except search and beg for more.

Best of luck,
Lauren Nightflower, Balance Grand Master Wizard

I like looking for Mandrake around the death school. There are three spawn sites, and usually one of them is 'planted'. Just run around the building, as normal for farming, and switch realms...and do it when the game isn't busy.

If you are on only when busy, go to the bazzar, during the heavy after school period you can usually find it there in bits and pieces....

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Thank you ! Thank you! Thank you! I found the transmute receipes.
Brittany WyrmBlade Life Grandmaster Wizard

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
tdg30 wrote:
The Transmute Blood Moss Recipe can be purchased from Eudora Tangletree in Olde Town (the same person who starts the crafting quests).

The transmute recipes are located on the same tab as the treasure cards.

Hope this helps.

Zachary FireDust
Master Artisan

I was looking for one to transmute Red Mandrake, there isn't one that I can find anywhere. The transmute Blood Moss recipe I found at the very beginning of my questing when I spoke to Eudora Tangletree, since I look through all the recipe's to see if there is any others I can use. I have finally purchased and found enough RM's to transmute all the Blood Moss needed to finish the crafting of the Crimson Book Stands and am now a Master Crafts Man. Thanks to everyone who helped me with their suggestions on where to find RM's as I did find a fair few there. To the rest of you who are still looking, persistance in all things pays off. Good luck.

Lauren Nightflower, Master Artisan/Grandmaster of Balance. (I just love being able to say that) :-D

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
hi, does anyone were the recipe for the crimson bookstand is allocated. i have had ntrouble finding it. thx

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
cakekitchen wrote:
hi, does anyone were the recipe for the crimson bookstand is allocated. i have had ntrouble finding it. thx

The recipe is located in the Shoshun village in MooShu. Across the little pond from Sun Hing there is a recipe vendor named Yagi Sakai. He is the one with the recipe, just go to the click on the robe icon of his recipes and you will find it. You will need alot of black pearls, so if you don't have them you will also need to go get the recipes for transmuting them from Eudora Tangletree in Olde Town, she also now has a transmute recipe for Black Lotus and Blood moss, red mandrake, and black pearls, which you will need a lot of for the rest of your crafting assignments, I would just go ahead and buy them now and get it over with (you need 15 Black Lotus for each pearl, 10 cat tails and 10 ore to make one Black Lotus, and 15 red mandrake to make one blood moss. You will also need. 10 + 10 mist wood + deep mushrooms to make the red mandrake.) Look me up if you need any more assistance or have any questions, Good luck and happy crafting.

Lauren Nightflower, Balance Grandmaster, Master Craftsman. :-D

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
thank, for answering my question on the crimson book stand. it will save me a lot of time looking, and again many thanks :-) :-) :-) :-) .

from mycin owlfist balance grandmaster

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
hi, sry to be a nuisance but, i went to the place you said and he only had recipes for hats , robes and shoes sry but no furniture thx anyway for your help i thought you would like to know. they dont change the vendors around do they?
many thx

mycin owlfist balance grandmaster

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
niteorchid3 wrote:
cakekitchen wrote:

The recipe is located in the Shoshun village in MooShu. Across the little pond from Sun Hing there is a recipe vendor named Yagi Sakai. He is the one with the recipe, just go to the click on the robe icon of his recipes and you will find it. You will need alot of black pearls, so if you don't have them you will also need to go get the recipes for transmuting them from Eudora Tangletree in Olde Town, she also now has a transmute recipe for Black Lotus and Blood moss, red mandrake, and black pearls, which you will need a lot of for the rest of your crafting assignments, I would just go ahead and buy them now and get it over with (you need 15 Black Lotus for each pearl, 10 cat tails and 10 ore to make one Black Lotus, and 15 red mandrake to make one blood moss. You will also need. 10 + 10 mist wood + deep mushrooms to make the red mandrake.) Look me up if you need any more assistance or have any questions, Good luck and happy crafting.

Actually, the CRIMSON BOOKSTAND recipe is sold by Tosmio, who gave you the crafting quests for MS.

Also, making the regeants that make the Black Lotus is going the hard route, when there's several good drop zones in MS for the BL needed for making the pearls. It simply takes realm jumping to collect it.

There's outside of the Jade Palace, behind the broken pavalion that drops 1 lotus per realm drop. There's also the Ancient Burial Ground tomb area that has 2 lotus drops each realm. As well as if you go through the tomb area to the other side, there's 4 lotus drops per realm (4 buildings, 1 lotus each on average).

Which I break up into 2 half runs between the 4 buildings...And I average about 150 lotus per run between just the tomb area and the 4 building runs.

That's 10 pearls from transmutation, not including it averages about 7 pearls dropped randomly in total between those 3 realm jump instances for a total of approximately 17 black pearls. Which is about an hour and a half spent farming for black lotus and pearls alone.

This doesn't include the mushrooms, cattail, and wood you'll pick up during the building farming. The mushroooms can be tranmutated into the nightshade needed, as well as they'll drop nightshade consistantly, and the cattail collected will go towards the recipe as well.

For the mandrake, try at Nightside. There's 3 drop locations for the mandrake, so you can get one per realm jump. Behind the gravestone, by the leaning tower, or around and behind the school in the corner by the tree. You'll average about 45 mandrake and 3 random bloodmoss for each complete realm circuit made.

There's also Haunted Cave, where there's 3 drop locations that averages 1 mandrake per realm. It also drops wood, ore, and chests all in a short circuit, which is a bonus for farming. The mandrake drop locations are behind and/behind Lord Nightshade's tower, and in the corner beside the little fence that's to the right of the little building at the end of the street leading to LN's tower. You'll average about 27 mandrake and 1 random bloodmoss per complete realm circuit made.

The ore drop zones are in the corners to both the right and left of that end street, as well as behind that little building. Average ore count is 54 and random diamonds is 3 per complete realm completion.

There's also some great farming areas in Cyclopes Avenue that in the 60 second circuit will pull in mandrake, mushrooms, wood, and stone in one realm run.

Firecat alley has a drop area that pulls in mandrake, wood, ore, and chests regularly. As well as a drop zone that has 2 mandrake drop locations that also produces wood and chests, the 2 drop locations being practically side by side, so you have to wait 30+ seconds before you can change realms.

Collusus Avenue has 3 drop areas for mandrake that also drops wood, frost flowers, mushrooms, and chests alongside.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
cakekitchen wrote:
thank, for answering my question on the crimson book stand. it will save me a lot of time looking, and again many thanks :-) :-) :-) :-) .

from mycin owlfist balance grandmaster

SORRY , I messed up and told you where to find the Cloak of Weighted Grief, which is another quest. the Crimson Book Stand is also found in MooShu but with the little lamb in the commons that gives you the adept artisan quests (Toshio) has it.

Sorry I made you run everywhere first. I hope this helps you.

Lauren Nightflower, Balance Grandmaster, Master Craftsman (and dummy)

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
niteorchid3 wrote:
cakekitchen wrote:

Actually, the CRIMSON BOOKSTAND recipe is sold by Tosmio, who gave you the crafting quests for MS.

Also, making the regeants that make the Black Lotus is going the hard route, when there's several good drop zones in MS for the BL needed for making the pearls. It simply takes realm jumping to collect it.

There's outside of the Jade Palace, behind the broken pavalion that drops 1 lotus per realm drop. There's also the Ancient Burial Ground tomb area that has 2 lotus drops each realm. As well as if you go through the tomb area to the other side, there's 4 lotus drops per realm (4 buildings, 1 lotus each on average).

Which I break up into 2 half runs between the 4 buildings...And I average about 150 lotus per run between just the tomb area and the 4 building runs.

That's 10 pearls from transmutation, not including it averages about 7 pearls dropped randomly in total between those 3 realm jump instances for a total of approximately 17 black pearls. Which is about an hour and a half spent farming for black lotus and pearls alone.

This doesn't include the mushrooms, cattail, and wood you'll pick up during the building farming. The mushroooms can be tranmutated into the nightshade needed, as well as they'll drop nightshade consistantly, and the cattail collected will go towards the recipe as well.

For the mandrake, try at Nightside. There's 3 drop locations for the mandrake, so you can get one per realm jump. Behind the gravestone, by the leaning tower, or around and behind the school in the corner by the tree. You'll average about 45 mandrake and 3 random bloodmoss for each complete realm circuit made.

There's also Haunted Cave, where there's 3 drop locations that averages 1 mandrake per realm. It also drops wood, ore, and chests all in a short circuit, which is a bonus for farming. The mandrake drop locations are behind and/behind Lord Nightshade's tower, and in the corner beside the little fence that's to the right of the little building at the end of the street leading to LN's tower. You'll average about 27 mandrake and 1 random bloodmoss per complete realm circuit made.

The ore drop zones are in the corners to both the right and left of that end street, as well as behind that little building. Average ore count is 54 and random diamonds is 3 per complete realm completion.

There's also some great farming areas in Cyclopes Avenue that in the 60 second circuit will pull in mandrake, mushrooms, wood, and stone in one realm run.

Firecat alley has a drop area that pulls in mandrake, wood, ore, and chests regularly. As well as a drop zone that has 2 mandrake drop locations that also produces wood and chests, the 2 drop locations being practically side by side, so you have to wait 30+ seconds before you can change realms.

Collusus Avenue has 3 drop areas for mandrake that also drops wood, frost flowers, mushrooms, and chests alongside.

I know, I caught my own error before you posted your reply. I was quite tired having been up for several days straight. However, I think it is wrong to say that harvesting always works. When I was looking for the black pearls, blood moss, red mandrake and black orchids I did jump into the different realms and areas, but alas was not able to come up with the number needed. This was not due to not moving around or not knowing where to find them, I have been through all the available worlds of the spiral and do know where they show up, and although they all show up in the places you mentioned it doesn't mean they are there when you need them. For me unfortunately they weren't and I had to resort to making several. It worked well and I finished the crafting quest in no time. I was trying to help the player and when I noticed that I had mixed up the two quests I posted that I was in error and where they could find the recipe. Thanks again for pointing out my mistake.