Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New 8-Pip Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone liked these ideas about what I think should become the new dominant spells of Wizard101's classes!

Fire - Magma Colossus
Details - Basically a bigger version of the colossus but red and orange,
Strike Detail - Swings both blades and makes 2 flames and roars and makes a 3rd flame, they combine as a giant fireball and smash into the opponents
Accuracy - 75% Pips - X
Damage - Kicks off with 120 Damage to all enemies and goes on to deal 250 damage per pip for 5 rounds, and at the end of 3 rounds puts up a Smoke Screen

Ice - Ice Dragon
Details - Blue dragon
Strike Detail - Frost Breath on all targets
Accuracy - 85% Pips - 8
Damage - 800 Damage to all opponents and stuns all opponents for 2 rounds also gives friendly team a stun block shield each.

Storm - Shock-A-Tron
Details - Giant Robotic Fiend created by Halstrom balestrom,
Strike detail - Opens inside up and brings out lightning bolts
Accuracy - 65% Pips - 8
Damage - 1400 to selected enemy and 400 to all other opponents on the side of the enemy.

Life - Mother Nature
Details - Tall, thin green skinned woman in a green robe
Strike Detail, (Heal - rubs hands together and puts them in the air)
(Attack - Wrath bolts)
Accuracy - 85% Pips - X
Damage - Attacks all enemies for 50 per pips had at the time of casting and gives 1500 healing after to one target, and 100 to the others.

Balance - Shamanistic Rage
Details - Bolts of every school (Except balance itself)
And Shields of every school (Except balance itself)
Strike Detail - Bolts of Energy
Accuracy - 80% Pips - 8
Damage - Direct all 7 schools of damage (100 Damage each) to go to any chosen opponents, so you could put Myth and fire on one target, and ice, storm, life on the other, etc

Death - Shadowfiend
Details - A dark shadow that moves across the field.
Strike Detail - Balanced
Accuracy - 80% Pips - 8
Damage - A dark shadow that moves across the field, adjusting the rules of play in your favor, but however, not under your command.
It can steal shields from opponents and give to you, and blades and also take traps off you and put them on the enemy, does not attack but has a rare chance of using a mirror, which sends an attack directly back at the wielder.

Myth - Behemoth
Details - A twin headed flying demon with horns
Strike Detail - Slash Strikes
Accuracy - 75% Pips - X
Damage - A spell that hits as many times as pips carried ( etc 5 pips 5 hits then the proper hit) Each mini hit is worth 50 damage, and the final smash is 800 damage

Hope you liked my ideas! Ty for reading!

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
hi663y wrote:
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone liked these ideas about what I think should become the new dominant spells of Wizard101's classes!

Fire - Magma Colossus
Details - Basically a bigger version of the colossus but red and orange,
Strike Detail - Swings both blades and makes 2 flames and roars and makes a 3rd flame, they combine as a giant fireball and smash into the opponents
Accuracy - 75% Pips - X
Damage - Kicks off with 120 Damage to all enemies and goes on to deal 250 damage per pip for 5 rounds, and at the end of 3 rounds puts up a Smoke Screen

Ice - Ice Dragon
Details - Blue dragon
Strike Detail - Frost Breath on all targets
Accuracy - 85% Pips - 8
Damage - 800 Damage to all opponents and stuns all opponents for 2 rounds also gives friendly team a stun block shield each.

Storm - Shock-A-Tron
Details - Giant Robotic Fiend created by Halstrom balestrom,
Strike detail - Opens inside up and brings out lightning bolts
Accuracy - 65% Pips - 8
Damage - 1400 to selected enemy and 400 to all other opponents on the side of the enemy.

Life - Mother Nature
Details - Tall, thin green skinned woman in a green robe
Strike Detail, (Heal - rubs hands together and puts them in the air)
(Attack - Wrath bolts)
Accuracy - 85% Pips - X
Damage - Attacks all enemies for 50 per pips had at the time of casting and gives 1500 healing after to one target, and 100 to the others.

Balance - Shamanistic Rage
Details - Bolts of every school (Except balance itself)
And Shields of every school (Except balance itself)
Strike Detail - Bolts of Energy
Accuracy - 80% Pips - 8
Damage - Direct all 7 schools of damage (100 Damage each) to go to any chosen opponents, so you could put Myth and fire on one target, and ice, storm, life on the other, etc

Death - Shadowfiend
Details - A dark shadow that moves across the field.
Strike Detail - Balanced
Accuracy - 80% Pips - 8
Damage - A dark shadow that moves across the field, adjusting the rules of play in your favor, but however, not under your command.
It can steal shields from opponents and give to you, and blades and also take traps off you and put them on the enemy, does not attack but has a rare chance of using a mirror, which sends an attack directly back at the wielder.

Myth - Behemoth
Details - A twin headed flying demon with horns
Strike Detail - Slash Strikes
Accuracy - 75% Pips - X
Damage - A spell that hits as many times as pips carried ( etc 5 pips 5 hits then the proper hit) Each mini hit is worth 50 damage, and the final smash is 800 damage

Hope you liked my ideas! Ty for reading!

Very creative!

I will start by saying the only one I didn't like was the Storm one, and I have two Storm wizards so I know I wouldn't like this one as much as the other suggestions. Might be because I hate robots and all that futuristic type stuff...lol. Now, if you had something like this that looked like those storm golems seen in parts of Krokotopia, then it would be pretty cool. They are black with silver accents, not like the purple and yellow Storm Colossus. Otherwise, for Storm, I think you really need to stick with a Sea/Ocean theme for the most. I know Storm also has bats and a snake, but for the most Storm has more to do with ocean creatures/monsters and the Gods of such things.

As for your other suggestions, I think the basic ideas are all really cool, but I do think that they would not want to have spells that do too many separate things. For example the Life suggestion healing one person for so much and then the other wizards for so little.
Same goes with the Balance spell suggestion...it's just too much in the way of being confusing. I'm not sure how you could even tell the thing to attack some enemies with one or two types of magic and then others with something completely different. If you are saying it would be random and you are not actually picking it, I could see that happening as some balance spells are random already, but really this would be another nuisance of a spell for Balance and I don't think most Balance wizards, including me, would like it. Like with Spectral Blast and Elemental Minion; they are too unpredictable to be either fun or useful. I just think that is too much in the way they would have to program that...I don't know :?

I love the idea of a Ice Dragon the most! Next to Storm Ice is a favorite attack wizard of mine, so I would love to see this. Though the only improvement I might suggest would be to give the Dragon a DoT that follows it, just like what Fire Dragon has. I'm not too keen on the stuns, they are almost useless except maybe in PvP, which I don't do. Also Ice could use another DoT, they have only one, officially, that is learned and it costs way too many pips for effecting just one opponent, though it's true to say "at least they have ONE, where others, like Storm, do not.

As for the Myth spell; I love this idea, and sure do think Myth could use something that hits this hard, but think the name needs to be changed. I don't usually think of a Behemoth as being a flying beast. Any time I have ever seen anything called a behemoth it was more of a giant ape-like creature or like a Bigfoot type thing. Another think I do like about this is that you could give it so many mini-hits, which would be useful for breaking multiple shields. But like minotaur and Orthrus, can you imagine the set-up this thing would need to get a good last hit??? It is bad enough when you have to set up two traps, two prisms, etc. for Minotaur and Orthrus, but imagine how many you might need here...many decks couldn't even hold that many traps and prisms. I do wish KI would figure out a way, for Myth's double-hit spells, to not need such huge set-ups to get a good hit on that second attack.....this has been my biggest pet peeve about Myth and one of the many reasons I never keep a permanent Myth wizard and only run them for fun, then delete them lol.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I love the ideas for the new schools. But, I'll have to say. I didn't like the storm one also. It seemed to far-fetched for the game itself. You're basically bringing science into a mythical game. I see where the robot would come from, but it's just to far-fetched, and I didn't like the bolts coming out of the chest.

The Ice Dragon would look pretty. But it's probably going to be something like Fire-Dragon. Except it shoots out Ice instead of Fire? Correct.

I loved the Balance ones. I just don't see how there would be Myth, Death, and Life bolts coming out? It seems like Hydra&Spectral Blast. It seems really powerful I guess. But the stats are to overwhelming even for an 8-pip spell. It seems good and all, but it shouldn't be SO powerful. That's why it has 85% and great health and loads of traps,shields so it can cover up for it's lower attack points. That's basically what storm is for. It has 70% chance of Fizzling, and it's health is low, BUT. The Damage is greatfully over whelming! Keep thinking of those spells.

~ Rogan DuskWhisper (Grandmaster of Storm)
~ Rogan DuskWhisper (Grandmaster of Balance)
~ Jonathan WildVault (Master of Nature)
~ Sloan AshGarden (Magus Necromancer)

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
cool i think my favorite spell is the storm one. i mean a giant robot that you can summon. but i think you should add a 5 to the percent. i mean 65% it kinda mess up to storm wizards.