Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Worlds of the Spiral

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
Why is it sometimes I have access to some areas and sometimes I do not. Is this a technical problem that I need to fix or can you help?
Not at World Bridge but when I get there, are they quest areas only?

Administrator
You will unlock areas of the Spiral as you progress through your required assignments, young Wizard.

Once you have completed all your required assignments in Wizard City, Merle Ambrose will ask you to investigate Krokotopia.
Once you have been given that quest, you can access the Spiral door by entering Bartleby the World Tree.

After you’ve completed Krokotopia, you can move on to Marleybone, then MooShu, then Dragonspyre. You can visit Grizzleheim at level 5, but cannot return until level 20.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
Thanks for your speedy response. I am also having trouble with machine set backs, I thought it may be that too.

Professor Drake says I have to find another way into the ring. Does that mean I will never get into Dragonspyre Academy? I will try harder.

I seen in another post that things like the yardbirds were on the maps, I did not see any of them on my map. Is it possible I downloaded an old game?

Administrator
Every Wizard is running the same version of the game. Sometimes you'll notice when you first start up that the program is scanning (and sometimes patching) files as it loads. This ensures that everyone who logs in has the most recent files for the area they are adventuring in. When you progress to a new area, you'll sometimes see the download icon below the menu chat button, telling you you're downloading a new area.

And I'm sure you'll get into Dragonspyre Academy young Wizard, Drake is just testing you.

Oh and the Yardbirds are not on the map, they wouldn't be much of a challenge to find if they were.

goodmood wrote:
Thanks for your speedy response. I am also having trouble with machine set backs, I thought it may be that too.

Professor Drake says I have to find another way into the ring. Does that mean I will never get into Dragonspyre Academy? I will try harder.

I seen in another post that things like the yardbirds were on the maps, I did not see any of them on my map. Is it possible I downloaded an old game?

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
Gamma wrote:
Every Wizard is running the same version of the game. Sometimes you'll notice when you first start up that the program is scanning (and sometimes patching) files as it loads. This ensures that everyone who logs in has the most recent files for the area they are adventuring in. When you progress to a new area, you'll sometimes see the download icon below the menu chat button, telling you you're downloading a new area.

And I'm sure you'll get into Dragonspyre Academy young Wizard, Drake is just testing you.

Oh and the Yardbirds are not on the map, they wouldn't be much of a challenge to find if they were.

goodmood wrote:

Thanks again, I needed that reassurance. Still searching for Black Pearl.