Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

something in the twins' names you GOTTA SEE

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
I swear that kingsisle did not just fit their apperences to their magic. They did this to the names, too!

cyclops orthorus

I understand that "Cyrus" is just an average name, but his name happens to be the first 2 letters in cyclops, and the last three letters in orothorus! THEY ARE BOLTH MYTH SPELLS! Crazy, huh?

Malistaire

vampire

first crazy discovery about malistaire's name having to do with death. Just turn MA into AM. the second and third letters in vampire. lol they bolth end in "ire".

also...

Malistaire

Wraith

lol. the two word share a " ai" .

Malistaire

scarecrow

LOL! this is sooooo freaky. the "aire" of malistaire even sound like the "are" in scarecrow. LOL! again. Bolth names have a spell for each syllible. Each of which fit their magic.

I have some questions,

1. Did KI do this with all of the professors?or just the two main twins?

2. Was this even intentional at all? Or just a coincidence?

3. It also happens to be that the end of the names seems to represent a powerful spell of that form of magic. Was that intended too?

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
alyshaya wrote:
I swear that kingsisle did not just fit their apperences to their magic. They did this to the names, too!

cyclops orthorus

I understand that "Cyrus" is just an average name, but his name happens to be the first 2 letters in cyclops, and the last three letters in orothorus! THEY ARE BOLTH MYTH SPELLS! Crazy, huh?

Malistaire

vampire

first crazy discovery about malistaire's name having to do with death. Just turn MA into AM. the second and third letters in vampire. lol they bolth end in "ire".

also...

Malistaire

Wraith

Malistaire

scarecrow

LOL! this is sooooo freaky. the "aire" of malistaire even sound like the "are" in scarecrow. LOL! again. Bolth names have a spell for each syllible. Each of which fit their magic.

I have some questions,

3. It also happens to be that the end of the names seems to represent a powerful spell of that form of magic. Was that intended too?

I would have to agree that that is really strange. The only thing is, that is only a few of the multiple names there are out there in the game. My vote is that it was a coincidence that you just happened to stumble upon.

Plus, even if it was planned out or something wouldn't you think they would do it in monsters too? Maybe they came up with the name Malitstaire by using common things that would be death (ex, vampire, scarecrow, etc.)

Good point, though!

--------------------------------Zachary Dragonhunter
------------------------------------------Level 48 Master of Fire

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Did you actually take time to do this??
Pretty cool.
I thought "Cyrus" was better.

~ Rogan DuskWhisper-Grandmaster (Storm)
~ Rogan DuskWhisper- Master (Balance) 49
~ Jonathan WildVault- Magus (Life) 34
~ Sloan AshGarden- Journeymen (Death) 16

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
you're over-thinking it. yes, they have similar letters, and yes it is cool that you pay that much attention. you've gotta realize that there are only 26 letters, and considering everything else in the world, that's not much. so yeah, i think you're gonna run into that now and again. lol

Stay magical,
Erin Nightshade, level 22 necromancer

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
alyshaya wrote:

cyclops orthorus

Malistaire

vampire

also...

Malistaire

Wraith

Malistaire

scarecrow

I have some questions,

Not to be rude, but it seems to me that perhaps some parts were thought out, but it may just be the keen, over observant eye of someone who takes the game kinda seriously. lol. Its pretty clear when the names are supposed to be representing the school that it is. Take the trees for example. Kelvin the ice tree (Kelvin the measure of temperature) Bernie the fire tree (BURNie), and so on.