Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Ranking: Rank and Judgement/Wild Bolt

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 12, 2009
Ok, this has happened to me in MANY matches, I get killed by Warlords Commanders and Captains, like today, me and my friend were doing a 2v2 match, and neither of us are really good, so we got matched against a storm private, not bad, and a death commander. Bad. His resist was awesome, so we couldn't win. What i am saying is if you have a team or doing a 1v1 lets everyone be matched with a person that is the same rank as you. Not lvl, cause i can beat many high lvl people, like i have beaten two life grands.

And also, those who use wild bolt, Its a BAD way to win, cause you have your rank by bolting every turn. Nothing about Judgement cause you get a lot of turns to kill cause balance tend to wait for seven pips to use it. Fix the pvp rank thing and ban Wild Bolt ONLY IN PVP!

Christo Fire Heart LVL 43 Pyromancer/Theurge

Btw i am also looking for a balance pvp partner at least LVL 42.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Hello Kooch1,

I have great news for you, there is a thing called a shield that help's protect you for damage. In addition, if you would take the time to read in the Wizard 101 forums, it would not take you long to spot numerous complaints about Wild Bolt and Judgement. All complaints are from players who want matches handed to them, not earned. Take the time to develop a good game plan and execute it.

Explorer
May 12, 2009
WizardWarrior1193 wrote:
Hello Kooch1,

I have great news for you, there is a thing called a shield that help's protect you for damage. In addition, if you would take the time to read in the Wizard 101 forums, it would not take you long to spot numerous complaints about Wild Bolt and Judgement. All complaints are from players who want matches handed to them, not earned. Take the time to develop a good game plan and execute it.
Ok i get what you saying, but i dont think my dad wants me asking for crowns so i can buy sheilds and tower shields instead of being able to HEAL instead. BTW still looking for a pvp partner not balance at least lvl 45 like me now. BTW i DONT want matches handed to me, i need a better stratigie to ATTACK! I can stay alive long enough to heal then attack thank you very much.

Defender
May 29, 2009

You don't need crowns to get shields. You're a level 43 fire wizard, you get an ice/storm shield (called glacial shield) by default. At that level, you should have a deck that can carry at least 4 of those. As far as tower shields, if you really like to PVP and haven't spent 5 training points towards tower shield, you should. On the way, you'll also get volcanic shield (a fire/storm shield) to protect you even more against wild bolts.

As far as attacking, use the strengths of the fire school. People cast fire shields? bleh, a 2 pip fire elf will take care of that. Follow up with a helephant, phoenix, or immolate while the elf is burning. Don't worry about buffing up for that one big hit, you're not a storm wiz. Wear them down.

Judgment? A great spell, but takes a lot of times to setup with all the blades and traps. You see a balance blade, use steal charm. There, it's yours now.

As a fire wiz, always get a fire shield on early (that's where having the volcanic fire/storm shield comes in handy). Someone cast feint on you? Cast immolate. You'll take off the feint and attack them at the same time.

Someone cast infection on you to keep you from healing? Use link, it'll break the infection as well as their fire shields.

kooch1 wrote:
WizardWarrior1193 wrote:
Hello Kooch1,

Ok i get what you saying, but i dont think my dad wants me asking for crowns so i can buy sheilds and tower shields instead of being able to HEAL instead. BTW still looking for a pvp partner not balance at least lvl 45 like me now. BTW i DONT want matches handed to me, i need a better stratigie to ATTACK! I can stay alive long enough to heal then attack thank you very much.

Explorer
May 12, 2009
carterma wrote:

You don't need crowns to get shields. You're a level 43 fire wizard, you get an ice/storm shield (called glacial shield) by default. At that level, you should have a deck that can carry at least 4 of those. As far as tower shields, if you really like to PVP and haven't spent 5 training points towards tower shield, you should. On the way, you'll also get volcanic shield (a fire/storm shield) to protect you even more against wild bolts.

As far as attacking, use the strengths of the fire school. People cast fire shields? bleh, a 2 pip fire elf will take care of that. Follow up with a helephant, phoenix, or immolate while the elf is burning. Don't worry about buffing up for that one big hit, you're not a storm wiz. Wear them down.

Judgment? A great spell, but takes a lot of times to setup with all the blades and traps. You see a balance blade, use steal charm. There, it's yours now.

As a fire wiz, always get a fire shield on early (that's where having the volcanic fire/storm shield comes in handy). Someone cast feint on you? Cast immolate. You'll take off the feint and attack them at the same time.

Someone cast infection on you to keep you from healing? Use link, it'll break the infection as well as their fire shields.

kooch1 wrote:
WizardWarrior1193 wrote:
Hello Kooch1,

Yeah but wat bout judgement? i know I could attack while they r getting ready, but so I can maxout a helephant i need a few blades and traps. then i need more pips cause I used two of them on elemental blade and trap (1 pip each). And couldn't i buy a tower shield at the fairegrounds from Sabrina GreenStar?

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Tower shield is the 5th spell from the Ice School. Most people who are serious about PvP use 5 of their training points to get it. (At level 50 you can have as many as 18 training points.)

I suggest 5 in the Ice School to get Tower Shield as well as their other shield. I also suggest 3 points in balance to get weakness.

Additionally, if your having trouble against Judgement I suggest treasure Tower shields. They stack with normal towers to provide excellent defense against huge damage attacks.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
WizardWarrior1193 wrote:
Hello Kooch1,

Tower shields won't work, the balance wizard can use steal ward and steal the shield or use the dragon blade card. And i think the biggest problem with wild bolt bolt is that low lvl are using it, to cheat in pvp.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
This is how I look at the Wild Bolt Conspiracy.

Do you know how hard Diviners work to even GET Wild Bolt? We have to go through all of Marleybone. I know ya think it isn't THAT hard, but think. Even though Diviners have the most powerful spells, they're the least accurate AND they have the least health. Do you know how hard being a Diviner in Marleybone? Big Ben is like a huge death trap for Diviners. You have like two potions by then, and even if you have some healing spells it is still real hard. And finding another person with TIME to do the whole tower takes a lot too.

Then you have to get it to hit!

It has a 10% hit chance. I know, you can get at least a 10% accuracy boost from spells, then another 10% from equpiment, but still, it doesn't take much to wear the spell down.

Here. It starts at 1000.
Use an 80% Storm Shield. BAM! 200.
Tower Shield. Slash it it half, 100.
Broken Blade. 75.

Then some boosts.
Storm Blade. That's plus 30%. About 97.
Storm Trap. 121.
Elemental Trap. 163.
Feint. 195.
Elemental Blade. 263.

And that's that. Or you could use this much easier alternate route.

DISSPELL! Use the Storm Disspell! It auto fizzles!

That's my opinion.

Dylan ShadowTalon Lvl 47 Diviner

Survivor
May 31, 2009
garyboy11 wrote:

Do you know how hard Diviners work to even GET Wild Bolt? We have to go through all of Marleybone. I know ya think it isn't THAT hard, but think. Even though Diviners have the most powerful spells, they're the least accurate AND they have the least health. Do you know how hard being a Diviner in Marleybone? Big Ben is like a huge death trap for Diviners. You have like two potions by then, and even if you have some healing spells it is still real hard. And finding another person with TIME to do the whole tower takes a lot too.

It has a 10% hit chance. I know, you can get at least a 10% accuracy boost from spells, then another 10% from equpiment, but still, it doesn't take much to wear the spell down.

Here. It starts at 1000.
Broken Blade. 75.

Then some boosts.
Storm Trap. 121.
Elemental Trap. 163.
Feint. 195.
Elemental Blade. 263.

That's my opinion.

well first of all that isnt how shields work if you use a storm shield that is 80% it wont be 200 unless your really lucky it will probably do like 334 or something. I am a lvl 33 storm that is warlord from using Wild Bolt if they ban wild bolt what about people that worked for wild bolt!

Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
Wild bolt is fine, it's balanced considering the drawback of having 10% accuracy.. at least in my opinion.

MY problem with it is the fact that anyone with a gran can buy the treasure card version and walk a level 3 character to warlord rank.

That is for lack of a better word, completely retarded. There is a simple solution though, that the people I'm talking about don't want to hear, and that is to ban treasure cards in PvP. Make it a contest between our two character builds and our execution, and not who has the most money to get cards.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
garyboy11 wrote:

Here. It starts at 1000.
Broken Blade. 75.

Then some boosts.
Storm Trap. 121.
Elemental Trap. 163.
Feint. 195.
Elemental Blade. 263.

That's my opinion.

You must be a good math student. Is that true? Lol. And I have seen Wild Bolt work 5 times. People, it's still true bolting every turn is a bad thing. I think it is a waste of mana and you let your opponent harm you. And no! You don't get Wild Bolt when you beat Marleybone. I have versed a level 5 and he casted a wild bolt on me and it worked. He was very tough that all of you would lose as well. Imagine if he went to Malistare. He would die so easily but wild bolts have turned up the heat. Like the guy said, please ban Wild Bolt ONLY IN PVP!

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
waterbreath88 wrote:
garyboy11 wrote:

Here. It starts at 1000.
Broken Blade. 75.

Then some boosts.
Storm Trap. 121.
Elemental Trap. 163.
Feint. 195.
Elemental Blade. 263.

That's my opinion.

well first of all that isnt how shields work if you use a storm shield that is 80% it wont be 200 unless your really lucky it will probably do like 334 or something. I am a lvl 33 storm that is warlord from using Wild Bolt if they ban wild bolt what about people that worked for wild bolt!

? Why? 80% of 1000 is 800, so why wouldn't it do 200 damage?

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
ok first of all i half agree with you but even so the bolt has a very low chance of working and as you know when you fizzle the card goes back to your deck even so the bolt wont kill you head on with no boosts if you raise your health and get shields like me you can be able to overcome your opponent and win the match