Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Spell - Wild Bolt

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 04, 2009
I used the Storm spell - Wild Bolt (1,000 damage for 2 pips with 10% chance). I used it three (maybe four) times and it fizzled. But it still took away 2 pips each time it fizzled. I have used the Wild Bolt before and I don't remember it taking 2 pips away even when it fizzled. I just noticed it today (after the maintenance update). I sent a bug report to KI just in case this isn't normal.

Does anybody know if it IS supposed to take pips even when it fizzles?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
This may be the response to wild bolt in PvP. Maybe it was made to stop chain bolting. Idk if this is why it is fizzling, or if this is the case, it is an accident that it steals pips out of PvP.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
If you had done it in PvP it's normal it does that to my storm wizard but to regular foes idk what's up.

Delver
May 04, 2009
groxy wrote:
If you had done it in PvP it's normal it does that to my storm wizard but to regular foes idk what's up.

I haven't played in PVP. This is just in regular battles. I can understand the fizzles because it has only 10% chance, but I can't understand why it keeps taking the 2 pips on every fizzle. At that rate it would cost me 20 pips for a 1,000 bolt shot...

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Hollen1233 wrote:
I used the Storm spell - Wild Bolt (1,000 damage for 2 pips with 10% chance). I used it three (maybe four) times and it fizzled. But it still took away 2 pips each time it fizzled. I have used the Wild Bolt before and I don't remember it taking 2 pips away even when it fizzled. I just noticed it today (after the maintenance update). I sent a bug report to KI just in case this isn't normal.

Does anybody know if it IS supposed to take pips even when it fizzles?

Lol, I wonder if KI listened to me when I had a solution for wild bolt...
Hahahahaha.