Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Christmas Quests?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
I'm still new to the game. I know there were some Halloween quests, but didn't see any for Thanksgiving, are there any for Christmas? I looked all around Wizard City, just wondering if I'm missing them or if there just isn't any, which would be really disappointing lol.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Yeah, there are none, so you didn't miss anything there. They seem to have dropped the ball on that part of the holiday festivities(or lack there of...lol.)

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Look at it this way, the less time that is spent on ultimately irrelevant holiday content, the more time can be spent on adding game changing content.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Helmholtz wrote:
Look at it this way, the less time that is spent on ultimately irrelevant holiday content, the more time can be spent on adding game changing content.

Oh come now, a simple change in the icons and quest giver cartoon with the same incessant running around and Ravenwood towers would do the trick for a Christmas themed quest line. I can see a Grubb like creature standing in the commons as a Scrooge, little Christmas ornaments instead of the pumpkins, eggnog punch bowls instead of apple dunking and a type of Christmas fire elf for the cards. Or an Easter bunny, with Easter eggs ... well you get the idea.

What was surprising was that the October "special towers" programming was apparently extremely labor intensive considering that so many items were left over and quest books were not adjusted after the festivities. I would hope a more automated method of implementing/dismantling this quest line would be in the making so that other Holiday themed quest lines would be easily implemented in the future.