Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earthquake protection

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Earthquake has an awesome effect to remove all charms, wards, and blades. so in essence a myth wizard can undo in one turn of 7 pips, what it takes another wizard 10+moves to place. Additionally that myth wizard can cast that spell about every four turns if they like. To make matters worse in 4v4 pvp combat, 1 myth can remove 40-50 items in the matter of seconds. There is no protection against this move.
Earthquake is WAY TO POWERFUL
I cant say for sure what would be a balancing fix for this spell, but a start would be to have like a stun resist shield only it would protect the loss of your items.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
I think it is a good spell and i have no problem with it. I dont spend every turn shielding like most of you people afraid to take a hit. I just blade up and attack. Try to stop stacking shields and start attacking, youll see quite an improvement. And i do very well in the arena with my strategy( If you can call it a strategy and not common sense ).

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I really dont have much trouble with it either, I win against myth often except for those who play there class well. Regardless how well you do, this spell is still overpowered. Perhaps taking the ability away may under power the myth wizard a little, but their minions could use a slight beef up. I know one of the themes of myth is shield breaking, so it should be just that. Break all the shields but leave the blades alone please!
At least change the spell to not remove blades.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
Ok, ill admit, the blade removal is annoying. Me being storm i try to buff up as much as possible to get that big hit. Although it annoys me i dont think it should be removed from the game. I mean shields annoy me, they will never be removed though. Some things are just part of the game, not everyone has to like them.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
well, think, it is a heck of a abillity, but the actuall spell only does 310( last time i looked, i think) and every school has that, OVERPOWER,
deaths draining, i mean, sure it doesnt seem that much at latter levels, 250 with wraith, and 200 each enemie with scarecrow, but, it takes me about two, three turns to get scarecrow, or wraith out, and by that time, i have a good death blade, a feint, curse, and death trap, wraith hits for, with all o this added, three thousand, kills them, heals me almost to the top, and with a power up from my equipment, wraith does about six, seven hundred alone, and drain goes through spirit armor and ice armor.
ica armor, at full, it shields for about a fourteen hundred health, that is a pain, good thing for drains ;)
balance, it shields all attacks, and it has judgement, alone, maxed out, fourteen hundred, balance and that other blade, way more.
fire, it has a annoying dot, right when ya think ya have them, boom, ya die because of dragon, heck hound, or fire elf
storm just hits hard, and wild bolt, even if it doesnt have a good accuracy, it HURTS when it hits, and the increase with traps and blades makes ya want to cry
life, what can i say, rebirth and spirit armor, and all o that healing
all in all, everybody is equal, so, dont belly ach because of it