Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Water Elemental

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I'm a level 18 storm wizard. I just got Water Elemental, which is a storm minion. The only problem is that it uses the same spell which is a resistance spell, but he uses it on him. I want to know how to make him get an attack spell.

Does anyone know how to get an attacking spell for the Water Elemental?

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
The Water Elemental shields himself, then taunts the enemies to make them attack him. If he's low on health, he does a Ghoul or puts up Spirit Armor.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
ok, i am a storm wizard level 48 who just got storm lord. however i have not used my minion since i got it. i know enemies are supposed to attack him when he uses taunt but they don't :x. they just keep attacking me and he turns out to be a waste of pips. I think there should be a way to teach your minion moves. The only time he did anything besides shield and taunt was when he used ghoul and that did barely anything. i just don't use him. the thing that is really unfair is that the balance spell spectral minion has storm for a possibility and that one attacks. I just think that's unfair. I mean haven't we suffered enough with low health and accuracy!? We have to have a weak minion too!?

Alex DragonBreaker
Level 48
Storm

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I use the water elemental when I am solo. He has saved me many times, by taunting both opponents and giving me a chance to pass or "spark" the enemy. When I have used him with more players, he seems somewhat ineffective. I have grown attached to him, but have not come up with a name--maybe Shamu---. It is cool how he chirps like a dolphin when he dies.
I carry at least 2 copies of him in my deck at all times.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
milo10000 wrote:
ok, i am a storm wizard level 48 who just got storm lord. however i have not used my minion since i got it. i know enemies are supposed to attack him when he uses taunt but they don't :x. they just keep attacking me and he turns out to be a waste of pips. I think there should be a way to teach your minion moves. The only time he did anything besides shield and taunt was when he used ghoul and that did barely anything. i just don't use him. the thing that is really unfair is that the balance spell spectral minion has storm for a possibility and that one attacks. I just think that's unfair. I mean haven't we suffered enough with low health and accuracy!? We have to have a weak minion too!?

Alex DragonBreaker
Level 48
Storm

oh wah, not just your minion is bad in opinion, you have the highest attack so plz dont complain, that is like me saying
"Well my ice minion never uses an ice attack except beetle, and only when i dont want him to cause he wastes my traps, only other things he does are elf, bats, and shark, nothing else."

If you dont like your minion dont use him, or use it in a combonation, like sacrfice for health, or more pips when it is about to die, and balance minions arent that great, and storm ones are rare, for me, most times i got fire. but i agree you should be ABLE TO CUSTUMISE ITS DECK OR ATLEAST SEE ITS HAND AND TELL IT WHAT TO DO

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
I think the Storm minion is working just fine. It's sole purpose is to take damage for you so you can build pips and and unleash your damage. What I have noticed is it will always start with an elemental shield then taunt. It will then continue this pattern until it gets low on health and then cast a ghoul or absorb shield. If you use it properly it can definitely take the heat off of you in a fight. It is, however, useless in PvP.

One thing to keep iin mind is that it will take several turns before his taunts come into play. You have a much stronger advantage if you have first strike. The sequence usually goes like this:

1st round: Cast
2nd Round: Shield
3rd Round: Taunt
4th Round: Enemies start attacking the minion

So you can see that it takes a while for a minion to really start being effective. You just have to protect yourself while he builds up defenses.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
It's general to say Storm's weakness is low health. The Water Elemental is a tank. Like the Minotaur myth minion, he shields and taunts. Literally adding 700 health for you in compromise of 3 pips, it's generally a good deal.

Why does it need to attack? Storm is strong enough to support itself. All we are short on is those Health Points. And that is exactly what our minion provides us with.