Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Do We Deal With This Crafting Problem?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
I saw this posted on Friendly's blog: http://thefriendlynecromancer.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-can-i-get-earthquake-treasure-card.html

How are we supposed to get cards for recipes when they're school-only? This isn't a complaint, but an honest question because I simply don't understand how to get around this. I know I could ask people, but if they can't do it then what? Thanks.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
uberfemme wrote:
I saw this posted on Friendly's blog: http://thefriendlynecromancer.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-can-i-get-earthquake-treasure-card.html

How are we supposed to get cards for recipes when they're school-only? This isn't a complaint, but an honest question because I simply don't understand how to get around this. I know I could ask people, but if they can't do it then what? Thanks.

>Best way to do it would be to find a myth crafter who has carried out the crafting quests through MS and get the cards from them. You could exchange cards you crafted, etc. Maybe post a meet on the boards here (giving players time to craft) and doing a get together.
>>Second best would be to spend a few weeks getting a myth character through the quests (with a friend's help you don't even need to advance the storyline to MS, just port to friend). Then, use a friend to 'hold' the card while you switch between characters.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I've been working on the second crafting quest on DragonSpyre, which for me is a Grimblaze Vestment. To make two of them, it requires 12 Sunbirds. Each Sunbird requires a Fire Elf. And each Fire Elf requires a Fire Cat.

Each Fire Cat requires 6 Mist Woods.

I've run out of Mist Wood. Do you hear what I'm saying? Mist Wood! I'M OUT OF MIST WOOD! Should I start hoarding Cattails now?

Back to topic. I don't think it was a coincidence that I was assigned a cloak that required Fire school cards to construct. All of those cards were ones I was already making. I'd be curious to know what school the original poster of the question is. I'm thinking that its a school that has Earthquake as a spell.

So in summation, I don't believe that this is a quest ending problem for crafting.

Adam Ashfriend - Grandmaster Nutcase Who Is Running Around MuShu Looking For Thirty More Pieces Of MistWood

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Baskaa wrote:
I've been working on the second crafting quest on DragonSpyre, which for me is a Grimblaze Vestment. To make two of them, it requires 12 Sunbirds. Each Sunbird requires a Fire Elf. And each Fire Elf requires a Fire Cat.

Each Fire Cat requires 6 Mist Woods.

I've run out of Mist Wood. Do you hear what I'm saying? Mist Wood! I'M OUT OF MIST WOOD! Should I start hoarding Cattails now?

Back to topic. I don't think it was a coincidence that I was assigned a cloak that required Fire school cards to construct. All of those cards were ones I was already making. I'd be curious to know what school the original poster of the question is. I'm thinking that its a school that has Earthquake as a spell.

So in summation, I don't believe that this is a quest ending problem for crafting.

Adam Ashfriend - Grandmaster Nutcase Who Is Running Around MuShu Looking For Thirty More Pieces Of MistWood

You're going about it the hard way. The OP is talking about the crafting spells for personal use, not the quests...In particular, the crafting spell for the carolsel that asks for the earthquake card, which is rare to find in the bazaar...

You don't have to make the cards for the crafting quests. You can buy them straight from Bazaar or Library. I recommend the Bazaar as the cards are way cheaper then in the Library. In fact, I did the very quest you're doing with my main character.

Also, if you're wanting to 'craft' treasure cards for your main school? You don't have to do the recipes from the trees. Just go to the bazaar, purchase some boost gold cards, fix your deck to have just those and the school cards you want to turn into gold cards, pick a fight, then add the boost to that card when you get the required pips, and discard (so you don't use it)...

Just remember, cards crafted that way can't be used in crafting recipes. But it's a neat way to make gold cards to gift to players in-game.

Using the trees is the long route to crafting gold cards. And crafting the cards for your crafting quests is also the long route, when it's not necessary in the first place. LOL!

Survivor
Apr 16, 2009
actually if you want to make really good treasure cards, then you indeed need to do them through crafting. there is no card such as keen eyes or other charm cards that permit you to make blades or traps into treasure cards. also crafted TC's have higher base damage. all keen eyes will do is make your percentage for casting go up. unfortunately there are no charm style cards to make TC's blades and traps.

GL finding your Earth quakes. i would check with myth friends or make a post on the central forums to find some people to help you ( yes more than one person, it's alot of work for one person to make them).

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
uberfemme wrote:

The person needing to create 8 Earthquake cards must have some mac daddy piece of furniture or some other esoteric recipe he wants to create. Furniture crafting is good for decoration, but is not particularly profitable (at least with the recipes I've found so far...).

I routinely buy treasure cards outside of my school (Life) for crafting. In fact, it is frequently easier to buy cards within my school rather than burning up massive quantities of coal, mist wood, and other reagents that must be collected. Very few times do I make a Seraph or Nature's Wrath completely from scratch, but it does depend upon how many Elik has in stock.

Now, I would like to find a way to get Tower Shields, because those things are way too popular to buy.