Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

FOG Unicorn

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 16, 2009
I currently am subscribing Beckett Massive Online GAMER Magazine. I read on the Fog Unicorn, it said it will be on the Feb/Jan Issue. I already have that issue * Issue 22 Feb/Jan * and it only gives out the blue raptor code. Did I read the page about FOG Unicorn wrong? Or does it really have that code or do i need to subscribe FOG Magazine?

Administrator
My apologies, young Wizard, that was my error. I was so excited to tell everyone the news about the FOG Unicorn that I wrote down the wrong information.

I have corrected this error, and again, my apologies for the confusion.

The FOG Unicorn can only be found within the pages of the November 2009 issue of Fun Online Games Magazine from Beckett.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
Professor Greyrose
none of the links introducing the new unicorn take you to a place you can subscribe ??? confused

Administrator
You are correct, young Wizard. According to the Beckett website:

FUN! Online Games can be found in over 50,000 retail locations, including Target, Wal-Mart, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Blockbuster, Toys 'R' Us, specialty comics and gaming shops, major grocery chains, and other mass-market, specialty, and hobby retailers.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

FUN! Online Games can be found in over 50,000 retail locations, including Target, Wal-Mart, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Blockbuster, Toys 'R' Us, specialty comics and gaming shops, major grocery chains, and other mass-market, specialty, and hobby retailers.

but what ifu cant get a mag and cant get the code! :(

Survivor
May 29, 2009
messer159 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Then you just don't get the magazine or code! Probably no one will post the code online cuz its then a waste of $.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
messer159 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

As long as you have a credit card or PayPal account, you can order the magazine directly from Beckett's along with the first one as well.

Beckett FUN! Online Games

Survivor
Oct 14, 2009
I've been looking everywhere for this magazine. My husband has even taken the time to stop at stores listed to have this magazine, on his way home from work. We'd both really love to get this pet! What can we do?

Thanks,
Neela Fairypants (mrsquicksiler)

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I'm in Australia and as usual the magazines come a month later. since this looks like a new magazine I asked Borders if they could call me when it comes in because they have the normal Beckett Magazine. Will the unicorn code still be valid next month?

How many months is the code valid for?

Regards,

Maryanne

P.S. Is there other shops in australia that might have it and where?

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
I'm one frustrated Wizard. I've been to or called every stated supposed retailer of said magazine, and NO ONE in this area carries that title. None. Zippedooda. NOW what am I supposed to do?? Online is sold out and none of those supposed 50,000 retailers seem to be anywhere within 100 miles of us. :(

Survivor
Oct 14, 2009
***WILL SOMEONE FROM WIZARDS STAFF PLEASE REPLY***

I agree 200% with the person that posted above me. I too have been to several stores and called EVERY store within 50 miles from my home and no one has this magazine. I also have checked Beckets website and emailed them. I was told that they wont be getting anymore to purchase from their website. This is VERY frustrating. My husband and I BOTH have spent a lot of gas and time driving around to try to find this magazaine, for a silly unicorn!

I think after all this time AND gas has been spent on trying to find this magazine, we deserve a free unicorn.

Whats going to be done for your players to get this unicorn?

Thanks,
MrsQuicksilver

Survivor
Oct 14, 2009
Just wondering if anyone from Wizards is going to reply to this?

Thanks,
MrsQuicksilver

Administrator
We don't own the magazine, we simply advertised in it and wrote an article for it.

I'm afraid we have no control over the distribution or availability of the magazine, young Wizard.

I'm sorry you did not get the FOG Unicorn you wanted, but once the magazines are gone, they're gone.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
My husband got the copy of magazine the very next day after Wizard posted the news about Fog Unicorn, and guess what? Was not the right issue! Can't get the right issue. So we spent $6 for nothing! I don't think Wizard should release news about things that are not obtainable. I am very upset about this! I want the Fog Unicorn.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
susiesgs wrote:
My husband got the copy of magazine the very next day after Wizard posted the news about Fog Unicorn, and guess what? Was not the right issue! Can't get the right issue. So we spent $6 for nothing! I don't think Wizard should release news about things that are not obtainable. I am very upset about this! I want the Fog Unicorn.

Sorry you didn't get the fog unicorn. But rather then get upset at KI (who by the way aren't a corporation of Beckett's), perhaps in the future both you and your husband will pay closer attention to the covers of the magazine before you purchase to ensure you aren't buying the wrong copies. Because the cover itself actually states what game codes you'll find inside.

You're misplacing your blame at the wrong people.

KI kept up it's end of the bargin by providing Beckett with the codes. It's not their fault that not enough copies were printed by Beckett of that particular issue, that the retailers who bought Beckett's magazines didn't sell the current issues with those codes, or that certain retailers didn't sell that particular magazine at all. Nor is it KI's fault that either Beckett or the retailers ran out of copies of that particular issue. And it deffinately isn't their fault that your husband didn't look at the cover to see IF he had the right issue with the fog unicorn code.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
I FINALLY! found the magazine in Walden Books. I literally, without exagerating went to 10 different stores. I'm happy and a little disappointed with the pet. I like the Unicorn graphic, it's cute looking... but, the card is Storm, I'm Death so the card is really useless to me, I wish there was some kind of option atleast. But no big deal, I still like the pet it self. :P

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Ralskie wrote:
I FINALLY! found the magazine in Walden Books. I literally, without exagerating went to 10 different stores. I'm happy and a little disappointed with the pet. I like the Unicorn graphic, it's cute looking... but, the card is Storm, I'm Death so the card is really useless to me, I wish there was some kind of option atleast. But no big deal, I still like the pet it self. :P

The pet is tradeable between your characters. Also, if storm is your secondary or third school, it comes in helpful with any storm boosts you may have.

Explorer
May 23, 2009
Not to be rude but i think you would make less people mad if you dont say anything at all. I was thinking about getting Fun magazine, but now maybe not

Hunter SpiritGem
Keep upthe great work linda

ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
We don't own the magazine, we simply advertised in it and wrote an article for it.

I'm afraid we have no control over the distribution or availability of the magazine, young Wizard.

I'm sorry you did not get the FOG Unicorn you wanted, but once the magazines are gone, they're gone.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
So.... If I Go To BlockBuster Can I Find A Beckett Magazine With The FOG Unicorn Code

No the Fog Unicorn was only available in that one issue, from November 2009.

You may be able to order a back copy at http://store.beckett.com/Gaming-and-Entertainment-Magazines/

totaldrama77 wrote:
So.... If I Go To BlockBuster Can I Find A Beckett Magazine With The FOG Unicorn Code

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
Professor Greyrose

I'm trying to get to the Beckett Magazine booth that you once said about on Gercon, but when I got there, I cannot find the booth! Any tips of how to get there?

Administrator
MasterWizard3663 wrote:
Professor Greyrose

I'm trying to get to the Beckett Magazine booth that you once said about on Gercon, but when I got there, I cannot find the booth! Any tips of how to get there?

GenCon ended on August 7th 2010, young Wizard. I sincerely hope you are not standing in an empty conference center.

You can purchase subscriptions, backissues and individual magazines from Becket directly at http://store.beckett.com/Gaming-and-Entertainment-Magazines/

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
Just To Make Sure But, If I Get A Magazine With A Code In It And It Wasn't Used, Is the Code Still Redeemable?

The magazine codes do not expire.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
The magazine codes do not expire.

So if me and my wife both wanted this unicorn we would have to find/buy two copies of this magazine? or would the code in it work for us both? (also my mother plays and would probibly want one as well)