Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzling percentage/rate

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
So, I just lost a pvp match because I have 101% chance of casting crow (85% casting chance of crow and 16% accuracy bonus from my armor) and I fizzled on scarecrow. It's bad enough he doesn't do any damage to people with resistance, but he fizzles too when I have 75 health left?

Can you somehow explain to me how I even fizzle with this?

85+16 = 101, right? That's beyond 100%! What's the issue here?

Hero
May 02, 2009
I think that I'm starting to understand the boost percentages.

Now I have a similar spell called steal charm, and it has 80% base accuracy, but with my grand gear boosts, it hasn't fizzled yet, at least, not of the times I've used it with my grand gear on.

Now, I'm thinking that the highest accuracy in the game besides the 100% accuracy spells like fairy is 95% accuracy, at least, that's the highest accuracy boost in the bazaar, so I'm thinking that's the highest accuracy a spell can go with accuracy boosts.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
qXiLL wrote:
So, I just lost a pvp match because I have 101% chance of casting crow (85% casting chance of crow and 16% accuracy bonus from my armor) and I fizzled on scarecrow. It's bad enough he doesn't do any damage to people with resistance, but he fizzles too when I have 75 health left?

Can you somehow explain to me how I even fizzle with this?

85+16 = 101, right? That's beyond 100%! What's the issue here?

Lol, bad situation to be in. Maybe it was a glitch or something because that seems kinda impossible to fizzle when you have a 100% chance that your going to cast that spell a.ok. Or maybe.......ALIENS HAVE INVADED YOUR COMPUTER!!!!!!! Yah, probably not......

Mods explain why this is possible. Cause 100% is the highest percent that you can get to to be well, completed and 100% sure that it will be 100% ,becuase it is highest of all percentages that you can get to. Wait did that make sense to you at all? In other words...you cant get higher than 100%, its the limit. So over the limit would mean you wouldnt fizzle more than you would if it was 100%. But wait, you wouldnt fizzle at all at 100% so more than that is impossible to be at so how could it- oh nevermind you know what i mean.

Unless your opponent put the -40% accuracy on your next spell. THen you would be able to fizzle.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2008
Actually you do not have an Accuracy of 101%. You have to think of it as a math problem. You add 16% more of acurracy of 85%. Meaning 85x.16=13.6

So you then add 13.6 to the 85. 85+13.6=98.6 so round it off and you have 99% of your death moves.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
so you have a 16% bonus. What is 16% of 85? 13.6. lets round it down becuae this is a game and they would do something like that. so now it is 13. what is 13 plus 85? 98. Therefore you dont have an accuracy of 101% you have 98%.

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Actually its 85% on the card spell and 16% on your casting the card. The card has an 85% accuracy to hit and your accuracy is 16% to throw. The problem comes in when you try to add the two together. Yours is for casting and the cards is for hitting.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
The fizzling has to be DECREASED. Its ridiculous to fizzle 2, 3, or 4 times in a row. Thats rounds in succession, no matter what the precentages are. I never see the enemies fizzle that much. You're trying to end the fight and move on. Or your health is low and you depend on a spell to WORK. But no it doesn't. It seems to me the fizzling has increased. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!

And as far as the fairy being 100% accurate? NO it is NOT! Thats a LIE. I have had several fizzle on me before. In this game nothing is 100%.

You KI people have increased what it costs to play this game in certain ways. DECREASE the fizzling!!

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
1Sonicboom wrote:
Actually you do not have an Accuracy of 101%. You have to think of it as a math problem. You add 16% more of acurracy of 85%. Meaning 85x.16=13.6

So you then add 13.6 to the 85. 85+13.6=98.6 so round it off and you have 99% of your death moves.

I didn't think of it as a percent equation problem, but in such case, you're right. 99%... Does that still even justify for fizzling?

If not having 100% accuracy is such a big problem then there's something terribly wrong here.

And if you do it like this as someone mentioned, then why on earth would I ever once fizzle on a sprite that has 95% accuracy? Yet, I somehow.. DID.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
It is ridiculous that my triton fizzled 3 TIMES in a row during a battle! :( Kings Isle needs to do something about that and give me back the fourteen arena point I lost. That's happening to me and my friends and it NEEDS to be fixed! :(

Hero
May 19, 2009
homersimpsonfan wrote:
It is ridiculous that my triton fizzled 3 TIMES in a row during a battle! :( Kings Isle needs to do something about that and give me back the fourteen arena point I lost. That's happening to me and my friends and it NEEDS to be fixed! :(

Your storm and your complaining about fizzling? Fizzling is as much as part of life for a storm wizard as breathing.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Ok here is what might of happened. I recently discovered this treasure card called Cloak. It hides traps, shields, and blades and since Black mantle is considered one of those, they could have hid it and you dont see the spell go on and activate so basically they decreased your accuracy in secret :( Not fair I know but hey you could be using the same thing and also you could use accuracy treasure cards on your spells for more accuracy if you wanted :)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I call it, 'Fizzle till you die'.

It seems that after the pet update, you don't so much count the accuracy as cross your fingers and hope for the best.

The NCPs are throwing fire and storm spells and seem to have quite a bit more success at that than previously.
Did they get an accuracy boost or something? Maybe they got ours... :(

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
If you don't want to fizzle, don't play the elemental schools...they are meant to fizzle a lot, yes, even 3 or 4 times in a match. You accepted that when you chose a school with such a high fizzle rate.

If you don't want to fizzle take life.

If you do the stats with the fizzle rates per the schools, storm still does the most damage per pip.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
With grand equipment, my storm fizzles less than my Life, Death or Balance grands. When it gets down to it, Balance fizzles way to much for an 85% accuracy school.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Way too much math here LOL. And I still dont understand the fizzle rates, but the fizzles have increased since the updates.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
When building your deck and considering how much damage you can do, increase fizzle rates in the following way.

Suppose you have a spell worth 100dmg that is 70% accuracy. Consider this spell to only be worth 70dmg.

If you have five of those spells in your deck for 500dmg, you can only think of them as 350dmg.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
yea since the pet update my blizzard spell fizzles ALOT! i dont know why did you change accuracy but it does not show up on the card or just a bug. it just gets annoying!