Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun vs. Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
frostdragoness12 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Have anybody noticed that Jotun is harder than Malistaire???????????? I mean i knew Jotun was gonna be a challenge but why harder than malistaire? He and his bros are a pain in the butt. If malistaire is the worst threat all over every world, why the heck is somebody more powerful than him. I know Jotun is not more than 10 thousand but with his bros it all adds up. Malistaire has three buddies with about 1 thousand life each. Jotun is 9 thousand with two 8 thousand bros and another partner with a thousand! I know this is a good topic to debate about! I say KI should make Jotun and his brothers less powerful. Well, less powerful than malistaire at the least. Who agrees?

totally! i'm not to jotun yet and i think if i have to defeat him soon (what level do you have to be?) i do NOT want, and i repeat, do NOT want to have to defeat someone who is, like, worse than the supposedly WORST boss ever, MALISTAIRE! cue scary music! (did i spell his name right?)
Um you spelled malistare wrong there is only one I.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
I think your right but still Wizard 101 might have bigger problems to deal with.
lvl 50 grandmaster fire and life with lvl 36 balance magus

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
velcro56 wrote:
frostdragoness12 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Have anybody noticed that Jotun is harder than Malistaire???????????? I mean i knew Jotun was gonna be a challenge but why harder than malistaire? He and his bros are a pain in the butt. If malistaire is the worst threat all over every world, why the heck is somebody more powerful than him. I know Jotun is not more than 10 thousand but with his bros it all adds up. Malistaire has three buddies with about 1 thousand life each. Jotun is 9 thousand with two 8 thousand bros and another partner with a thousand! I know this is a good topic to debate about! I say KI should make Jotun and his brothers less powerful. Well, less powerful than malistaire at the least. Who agrees?

totally! i'm not to jotun yet and i think if i have to defeat him soon (what level do you have to be?) i do NOT want, and i repeat, do NOT want to have to defeat someone who is, like, worse than the supposedly WORST boss ever, MALISTAIRE! cue scary music! (did i spell his name right?)
Um you spelled malistare wrong there is only one I.

Malistaire is spelled M-A-L-I-S-T-A-I-R-E. The game says so...

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Something really weird happened on this boss. When I helped a friend on this boss, there was jotun with 9000, his death and life bros with 8000 each, and his myth bro with 7000 health! Then, when I got the quest to do this place, when I got there, all it was was jotun with 9000, and a minion with 1000! Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this place?

Devin Dragonflame, Level 47 Fire Wizard.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2008
racerboyjjt wrote:
actualy, if you think about it, malistare himself isnt that powerfull, but it is actualy the dungeons, in my oppinion, that make the difference. sure, you get pulled into battles here and there in jotun's place, bu my buddies and i just threw in one player asadecoy, got arround them, and they fled and ported back.

Unlike this dungeon, maistareis dungeon has enemmies you HAVE TO face, if you want to get through the dungeon. plus they are all hard.

Either way,Jotun IS harder than malistare himself, rgardless of the dungeon, which DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! (plus, i heard that they had malistare crazy hard in beta, but weakened him for the live realm )

it wasnt the beta that malastare had 100000 hp in it was a test realm session last summer, i think

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Jotun Is Harder

But i did have help from my Friends to Help me Beat Him ^.^

It was Long

Jotun is Harder Way Harder

Explorer
May 17, 2009
OH YEA , 9 thoushand life with his bros add up to 8 thoushand life if him and his bros had a fight with MALISTAIRE and his buddies MALISTAIRE would go down

Jack Thunderrunner
34 fire

Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
IamLezul wrote:
Have anybody noticed that Jotun is harder than Malistaire???????????? I mean i knew Jotun was gonna be a challenge but why harder than malistaire? He and his bros are a pain in the butt. If malistaire is the worst threat all over every world, why the heck is somebody more powerful than him. I know Jotun is not more than 10 thousand but with his bros it all adds up. Malistaire has three buddies with about 1 thousand life each. Jotun is 9 thousand with two 8 thousand bros and another partner with a thousand! I say KI should make Jotun and his brothers less powerful. Well, less powerful than malistaire at the least. Who agrees?

well its a hard choice..................................

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
jotun is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD!HE IS HARDER THEN MALISTARE!Malisatare is a piece of cake But Jotun is CRAZY HARD! :(
Look i have three wizards one of them is my dads wizard and plus i have fire50 and storm43 and i battled jotun one time :D and i won but he is still HARD :( I dont rebember what type is Jotun and i play wizard101 only on weekend :(

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Yea! Malistare is the lead villian why should someone else be a higher lvl than him?

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
kendom368 wrote:
OH YEA , 9 thoushand life with his bros add up to 8 thoushand life if him and his bros had a fight with MALISTAIRE and his buddies MALISTAIRE would go down

Jack Thunderrunner
34 fire
Um actually i think malistaire would go kick but on jotun cause he goes easy on us, but think of it he is the master of death...

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
I am a level 40 necromancer and i beat him but only because me and my friend would teleport back and i had bought henchmen

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
Have anybody noticed that Jotun is harder than Malistaire???????????? I mean i knew Jotun was gonna be a challenge but why harder than malistaire? He and his bros are a pain in the butt. If malistaire is the worst threat all over every world, why the heck is somebody more powerful than him. I know Jotun is not more than 10 thousand but with his bros it all adds up. Malistaire has three buddies with about 1 thousand life each. Jotun is 9 thousand with two 8 thousand bros and another partner with a thousand! I say KI should make Jotun and his brothers less powerful. Well, less powerful than malistaire at the least. Who agrees?
He's not, its just that you didn't kill his brothers first, and i'm surprised at all the people who doesn't know that trick, i mean just come on, i have to tell 1,000 everyday

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
Haha You must be jokeing malistaire is a ranked 10, and he summons to ranked 8 minions to help him. it took me and my friends nearly a hole hour to defate him. compared to the helapent and Jadi oni (Wich are probaly the next hardest thing to malistaier) Jotuns nothin'.

Sinserly,
Caroline Spirt Hunter

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
cmw83099 wrote:
Haha You must be jokeing malistaire is a ranked 10, and he summons to ranked 8 minions to help him. it took me and my friends nearly a hole hour to defate him. compared to the helapent and Jadi oni (Wich are probaly the next hardest thing to malistaier) Jotuns nothin'.

Sinserly,
Caroline Spirt Hunter

you and your friends are playing the game wrong, then.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
Here is my opinion of the four toughest bosses in the game from easiest to hardest this is my point of view as a Theurgist other players may not agree 1-Malistaire-It is over all easy to get to Malistaire and beat him with my strategy mark your position before you get pulled into the battle flee grab health and mana and port back and then the hard parts are get someone to help you with the crystals and get some one to beat the other draconian guarding the door to the chamber. After that it is a party for theurgists because they are all Necromancers in there yes it would be hard to beat Malistaire alone but the soul serveants he summons do NOT respawn-Time-15 minutes the entire dungeon 5 beating Malistaire 2-Jotun-Jotun is very hard because of Ulik and Grettir so I decided to beat his brothers alone I had already beaten Ulik so I decided to beat Grettir I beat Ulik a month ago and I thought he respawned but he did not. They will not respawn unless the players who enter in the sigils have not defeated them apart which is what happend to me-Time-1 hour and 15 minutes the entire dungeon 1 hour beating Jotun 3-Orik-By what I saw in a video and you might call me crazy but Orik is an easy villain to beat be cause what you have to do is blade with everything hopefully a Balance wizard can come along and help you with balanceblade and bladestrom even better if you have dragonblade attack him with you rank 6 spell (if you are of myth be sure to have the orthrus) better if you have it on item or treasure card form preferable spells are Triton Item/Treasure or regular, Orthrus Item Card, Centaur Item/Treasure Card or Woodwalker Treasure Card (recomended because of Orik's mayor weakness to life)
The hard part is getting to the last floor becase you do what I told you have another player constantly cast quench And use the spells I told you prefferably the life one and he will be dead before he summons the minion or casts tower shield.
4-Youkai-And the hardest enemy to all theurgists is Youkai the Imp in the Tree of Life instance he might not be hard to other school students especially Necromancers but he is the toughest boss to life I confronted him once and by the time I ran out of spells, item cards he was still at 7,000 of 8,000 So all theurgists who will try to solo him beware

I hope this guide was helpful Gabriel StarCatcher Grandmaster Theurgist.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Thing I don't get is that, at the very last boss battle in Grizzleheim, there are four rank 7 bosses in one battle, they are EASIER then Jotun. Malistaire would get hit backslashed by Jotun.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
well, it all depends, if you were to think real, and think that if Wizard101 were real and we were actually wizards, Malistaire would be the biggest threat cause if you follow the story ... he has control over all the spirals all of his minions in every single world. so malistaire can pwn Jotun very hard

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
bradely wrote:
well, it all depends, if you were to think real, and think that if Wizard101 were real and we were actually wizards, Malistaire would be the biggest threat cause if you follow the story ... he has control over all the spirals all of his minions in every single world. so malistaire can pwn Jotun very hard

Personally I have not reached those lords yet I am level 33 almost 34, I think that the main character we are after should be the hardest to beat of all. I don't think a beast in a world that is not mandantory to play should be harder than the main character. That kinda throws the game off balance. Every game I have ever played the hardest to beat was always the main one you ar after in the end.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
okay you all talk about much jotun is hard, but what about xp? you get 440 from that quest, and ust about every quest is usless in grizz bc you dont gain any exp at all. so consider that, KI and W101.com

Kyle Skycloud lv44

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
Jotun is way hard. I am dueling him right now. You defin etly need to duel him and his brothers seperstly. f

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
IamLezul wrote:

i know!! Jotun is the hardest boss is i killed.i beat malistare like 4 hours ago and compared it. malistare doesnt use anything better than vampire. why the
heck is jotun so strong!!!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
Yea that is true Jotun and his brothers are like sooooooooooooooooooooo hard i have to take at least 4 friends to help me and sometimes if we are low on life we have to do it again it stinks i cant stand that quest.... But isnt Jotun Storm or Death because if it were death Malistaire would have some difficulties :) Anyhow great question it would be funny to see that happen in the game even though i doubt most seriously it will happen :)

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
Darkrai000 wrote:
malistaire still is the biggest threat in the game, here are some reasons why:
1.if you followed the order dorrectly you should face the brothers by themselves, then once you gotten rid of them, you can fight jotun (who is with only 1 brother i think)
2. no matter what you do with malistaire he will always summon three servants to help him, making it very difficult to solo
3.jotun is soloable you just have to do the fights the right way, there was a guide on it but i forgot where it was.
4. malistaire is impossible to solo due to the three minions

so in my opinion Malistaire owns.

ok first of all there is a HUGE diffrence between jontun with bros and jontun without bros. the person who started this post is talking about jontun with bros so lets eliminate that factor completely, ok? second of all, malistaires minions are a joke. 1000 each is not that much for a grand. now considering jontuns brothers are technically minions, those minions are stronger then the 3000 total joke of health that all of malistaires minions have. if i recall 2 of jontuns brothers have 8000 health, and another with 1000 or something. so ya the minions in your case are actually an advantage on jontuns side. thirdly, as we are talking about jontun with minions, this does not count. and now a little edition of my own to the fight, the overall health and spell quality of jontun and his freinds are stronger the that of the likes of malistaire. oh and if we are talking about malistaire in beta with 100,000 life, then yes he would cream jontun but sadly that is not the case so JONTUN WINS!

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
I have soloed both Jontun and Malistaire they both die easy if you do them right . for jontun just do the side dungeons and you only have jontun to beat . with Malistaire you need to just blade and feint up and hit him big he does not attack with any powerful spells that i have seen nor does he use a life shield . i am a level 60 death wizard but both were done in my mid 50's
pardon the spelling the names are a bit strange