Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun vs. Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
The answer to why Jotun is harder is because Malistaire is UNDER myth's illusion, any thought, or dream made reality. Read the myth book. Jotun is hard because "THEY" are made from sweat beads that formed in the armpit of a god of war. You heard it here first.

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
XD with all the bosses me and my friend took jotun, grettir, and the other to down in 15 minutes, not counting the 5 we spent cheering. this was with 2 people me and a friend and it took 10 minutes to kill. just find a strategy to win. 8) 8) 8)

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I'd take Malistaire over Jotun any day. I tried to beat Jotun once and I would rather take on Malistare.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
Have anybody noticed that Jotun is harder than Malistaire???????????? I mean i knew Jotun was gonna be a challenge but why harder than malistaire? He and his bros are a pain in the butt. If malistaire is the worst threat all over every world, why the heck is somebody more powerful than him. I know Jotun is not more than 10 thousand but with his bros it all adds up. Malistaire has three buddies with about 1 thousand life each. Jotun is 9 thousand with two 8 thousand bros and another partner with a thousand! I say KI should make Jotun and his brothers less powerful. Well, less powerful than malistaire at the least. Who agrees?
I for one agree
jotun is hard and i'm a master :) 8)! cause i fought him in the hall of valor
and i like almost got killed by jotun and his bother the only way i won was when my friends ported to me thank god and i was like dude what took you so long

hunter redblood

lvl 44 master pyromancer 8)

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
Have anybody noticed that Jotun is harder than Malistaire???????????? I mean i knew Jotun was gonna be a challenge but why harder than malistaire? He and his bros are a pain in the butt. If malistaire is the worst threat all over every world, why the heck is somebody more powerful than him. I know Jotun is not more than 10 thousand but with his bros it all adds up. Malistaire has three buddies with about 1 thousand life each. Jotun is 9 thousand with two 8 thousand bros and another partner with a thousand! I say KI should make Jotun and his brothers less powerful. Well, less powerful than malistaire at the least. Who agrees?

Yes if you do Jotun without doing the other to dungeons first he IS a lot harder. This seems kind of weird to me, but i guess gh has always been a harder world it seems to many players. But i disagree I think that they should either leave him alone or make him harder, When you have at least to wiz going against him if you die then you can just port back to him with a potion i think they should make this dungeon so that no one can port into it. Anyone can access it if they can get to gh anyway. I always liked gh cause its more of a challenge. :D

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Plus Malistaire is the biggest threat in the spiral, he may not be the strongest but he is the most powerful. He's cause chaos in all the other worlds but gh and has many buddies including Meowiarty. Its not hard to defeat him, but man its hard to get to him.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
frostdragoness12 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Have anybody noticed that Jotun is harder than Malistaire???????????? I mean i knew Jotun was gonna be a challenge but why harder than malistaire? He and his bros are a pain in the butt. If malistaire is the worst threat all over every world, why the heck is somebody more powerful than him. I know Jotun is not more than 10 thousand but with his bros it all adds up. Malistaire has three buddies with about 1 thousand life each. Jotun is 9 thousand with two 8 thousand bros and another partner with a thousand! I know this is a good topic to debate about! I say KI should make Jotun and his brothers less powerful. Well, less powerful than malistaire at the least. Who agrees?

totally! i'm not to jotun yet and i think if i have to defeat him soon (what level do you have to be?) i do NOT want, and i repeat, do NOT want to have to defeat someone who is, like, worse than the supposedly WORST boss ever, MALISTAIRE! cue scary music! (did i spell his name right?)

You have the chance to defeat Jotun at lvl 40. Malistaire doesnt live up to the hipe in battle but he has a lot of goons. You can also solo Jotun if you finish the to other dungeons beside his before you battle him.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Jotun is more difficult now but the original malistaire was way harder, seeing as he had 100,000 health

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
I think Jotun might be more powerful than morganthe when you get to fight her (i know you do not fight her YET) that is what i believe

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
IamLezul wrote:

KI likes to give people a little of a challenge once in a while, but some people just don't appreciate it.

LDC lvl 60 Death

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
We took on Jotun a second time and beat him! My problem was that I am life and storm so it made it a little harder for me. My son was happy too because he needed to beat Jotun.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
pkcahill645 wrote:
I think that Jotun is soooooooo hard!
He has 9000 health with two 7000 buddies and one 1000 guy. It's like 24,000 health to beat in all!
I don't mean to get off topic but there is a balance helephant guy in ds in the plaza of conquests. He has 10,000 health.

Paul Legend weaver Lv 50 balance
Flint ice walker Lv 47
Paul Storm wielder Lv 34 storm
He is going to lvl up soon

ya malistare was sapose to be real hard but me and too lvl 50 friends beat him. then when i tried to fight jotun even three lvl 60 could not own him

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
:x
IamLezul wrote:
dude where is joton in grizzleheim? :)

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
I need assitance with Jotun, I am a level 47.
My character name is JACKDREAMHUNTER.
Would any one like to assit me?

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
two things
one:
If you do Helgrind Warren (left) and Winterdeep Warren (right), (the dungeons to either side of hall of valor), first, then the Jotun battle is considerably easier. Also, Malistaire's dungeon has two other bosses that you pretty much have to do, and at least three enemy fights that can't be skipped, plus a secret boss. Overall, Malistaire has the harder dungeon, but Jotun has the harder boss fight IF you don't do the two Warrens first.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009

Actually, Malistiare doesn't summon 3 soul servants to help him when you face him anymore, after you defeat the 4 soul servants, you fight malistiare by himself, 10,000 health in all.

This has happened because of the update.

Jotun is still the same, nothings changed for GH in this update.

no i fought malistare and he already has 3 dudes w/ him

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Malistaire has better spells than Jotun, and Jotun has less health than Maliataire. If you are talking about Jotun and his brothers, then Jotun is harder health-wise.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Around the 2009 release of GH, Jotun was the same as present day malistaire. (The one them had 100,000 health O.O) The COVEN was what you would compare to malistaire. they interrupted and all that. But in 2009, Jotun and his brothers:

. Interrupted attacks (using storm lord, unicorn, etc)
. could use level 48 spells
. was HECK to defeat

Now they:

. Don't cheat
. Cant use level 48 spells
. are big wimps and cant really fight

Malistaire is and always (accept for 2009) will be:

. not a cheater
. cant use level 48 spells (scarecrow only)
. is easy to kill

Now, you need to compare the sons of Ymir to malistaire. (Or Dulins band)

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
Techman13 wrote:
I need assitance with Jotun, I am a level 47.
My character name is JACKDREAMHUNTER.
Would any one like to assit me?

I can help you but we need to organize a date and time and what Realm.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Darkrai000 wrote:
malistaire still is the biggest threat in the game, here are some reasons why:
1.if you followed the order dorrectly you should face the brothers by themselves, then once you gotten rid of them, you can fight jotun (who is with only 1 brother i think)
2. no matter what you do with malistaire he will always summon three servants to help him, making it very difficult to solo
3.jotun is soloable you just have to do the fights the right way, there was a guide on it but i forgot where it was.
4. malistaire is impossible to solo due to the three minions

so in my opinion Malistaire owns.

But Jotun is still more powerful! More life always is da BEAST! Like really, i did malistaire in about 30 mins(with two people). Yes, but jotun took me about an hour and a half(with three people). So hah!

Jotun is basicly three bosses at once and you are the worlds biggest liar Malistare has more health than jotun

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

P.S. So hah!

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
In battle Malistare would actually win plus he has a plot. Malistare wants to bring his wife back and rule the spiral. Jotun has none he is basicly like this:
"Me Jotun you strong wizard I want to fight you for no reason at all, plus I am big baby I said I want to fight you alone, yet I call on my lesser brothers how cheap am I?" Malistare summons minion to try and defeat you faster. Malistare has a point Jotun honestly does not.

Aaron Drakewalker level 60
Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
iwalked around the whole dungeon but didn't find his brothers alone. so i fought them together. i was with onefriend and we have the<< leave and port back strategy>> but the server went down and we lost the whole dungeon.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
tweetybird18428 wrote:
I'd take Malistaire over Jotun any day. I tried to beat Jotun once and I would rather take on Malistare.

Me too! Nidavellir was unnecessarily-tedious and annoying, and then I got to Jotun and his buddies... Let's just say that I smashed a few things in my apartment that night. :P

As for Malistaire, he rocks! I am legendary and originally beat him with a group, but now that the instance can be soloed, I'm in there farming almost 24/7. DS is my favourite world- I love the architecture, ancient Rome, Russians, and supervillains who are slightly-bent on world domination.

Yes, the Crown of Fire itself is tedious and time-consuming, but the story makes the whole thing worthwhile. Will the arc pick up again somewhere else, when/if a new higher-level world is released? Maybe Malistaire isn't really dead (like Voldy, in the Potter series)... Hey, a wizard can dream, right?

Hopefully,

Laura Shadowsong,
Master of Balance/president of the Malistaire Drake Fan Club.

(Yep, I'm evil- so sue me. :P )

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Yes, that is true. But not NEARLY as hard as the Waterworks. You complain the battle is 24,000 total, well in the Waterworks that's how much ONE of the bosses have. Malistaire was the previous story arc. We have entered a new one. A new story arc with ridiculously hard bosses if you don't fight the right way. Oh, and by the way, I've heard orginally Malistaire had like 100,000 health or something, but they made it easier. So the ORIGINAL Malistaire rules all.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
IamLezul wrote:

Ok first dude jotun might have cheated but the way to get him alone is to take out the two brothers first. I was with my friend wolf ashthorn lvl 55 necromance yesterday and me and him beat the brothers first then went on to jotan so all you have to do is defeat the brothers with a freind i suggest a lvl 60 storm wizard and then go and vs jotan by himself. If you follow the instruction you can beat him easly.

Chris WaterBlade Legendary Diviner