Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Allow Us to Abandon Quests in Our Quest Log

AuthorMessage
Administrator
This matter is not open to discussion, young Wizards.

You can decline side quests when they are offered, or if you accept them, you're accepting that you will complete it. Finish the tasks you are given, as the rewards are often worth the effort.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Although I have many side quests that I don't want to complete due to the fact i have almost no health, I understand completely as to why there is no "delete" button. Maybe one day,just for sides, there will be. There are many young wizards on here so I could just imagine the accidental clicks. I believe, if you have text chat,over 13, you should have the option. I just have to wait for my wizard to get stronger.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I've been playing for about three years or so,what I've always wanted was a "delete quest" button option. I know there would be plenty of complaints that they deleted one they were almost done with so, instead of that, why not a quest organizer?

Maybe include a "Save For Later" page for those hard quests you would like to forget about for awhile.

It would be a huge help with how I sometimes go back to do side quests and all

Miranda StarBlood-Level 52

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
This has been posted many times, Professor Greyrose already said it wasn't going to happen, and besides, if it did happen, you could accidently delete your storyline quest and get lost. Sorry.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
loviinngliz on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
I've been playing for about three years or so,what I've always wanted was a "delete quest" button option. I know there would be plenty of complaints that they deleted one they were almost done with so, instead of that, why not a quest organizer?

Maybe include a "Save For Later" page for those hard quests you would like to forget about for awhile.

2 Things. 1. Read The Keyboard Short Cuts. 2. Press CTRL + T

Defender
Oct 21, 2010

I don't like the "delete quest" option, but the "save for later" would be helpful for keeping track of my quests.
I also wish that quest could be organized by world, so I wouldn't have to flip through page after page of quests.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013

Amazing idea. A save for later section would be great! And I can finally get rid of Grubb's ugly face in my quest list!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
I just got back to wizard101 a week ago and this whole time i was thinking that i was doing my main quest but it tuned out to be a side quest. So i was wondering if there could be like a new patch/update were we can delete our side quest so that we dont get confused on which is which or you guys could also say on the top of the quest box saying "Main Quest" or if it is a side quest saying "Side Quest"
Thanks

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
Some sort of informational symbol, like you guys do with Pirate101, would be nice to be able to tell the differences between Main, Side, and Spell quests.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2013
Here. Sidequests are quests are quests you can decline. Main quests are quests that you cant decline but sometimes you can decline them.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Markodeath1337 on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
Some sort of informational symbol, like you guys do with Pirate101, would be nice to be able to tell the differences between Main, Side, and Spell quests.
Have tabs in the quest log that are titled Storyline, Side, Spell & Pet, Tasks and when we get new quests, they appear in those tabs. The tabs would then have a number next to the name to designate how many are active in that tab so we, at a quick glance, can see how many we have.

Anything not a Main quest goes in the other 3 tabs
All Crafting/Zeke/Book type quests go in tasks

At least that's my idea.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Hey and I've got an idea to bring to the table.
I have plenty of quests.
A little to much, 6 pages, and I have been wanting to delete some side quests from the age when i'd accept any quest given to me.
There is some I'm to OP to do and some that are just to hard or i don't have time to get to it.
Of course you would be able to access them when you delete them from your current quests dock but I'm just saying I would love this. Its an easy way to get rid of quests from (For me) Krokotopia or maybe Marleybone.
and for others different places.
Just thought I would suggest this.
Please reply if this is good or bad and explain. Thanks!
-Adam BattleBlade
Lvl 82

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
you guys really wanna cause pain for kingsisle don't you

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Sep 7, 2012 wrote:
We have covered this repeatedly, young Wizard.

To remove a quest from your quest journal, you must complete it - period.

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

You have the option on side quests to 'Decline' a quest. If you take the quest, you are expected to complete it.

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

Here's a perfect example of why we do not allow the deletion of quests that you have accepted.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/53762.ftl

If you're not strong enough to complete it with your current character, hop over to Grizzleheim and get some experience and levels then tackle the quest again.
Professor Greyrose, may I suggest making your post a permanent topic in the Dorms and Ravenwood Commons but not allow any replies to it.......Just keep it there for Player information since it is bound to pop up again.

It seems that no matter how many times this subject has come up and the number of players still wish to have this option and you having to repeat yourself numerous times, they still come back saying "Please make this Happen". It appears that many have not yet learned to read an entire thread before asking the same thing agan and again.

Most understand why this is not an option.

I have always found it is easier to complete all quests for each world including side quests before progressing to the next. I have also recently found that I will have a few wizards be level 90 or very close by the time they reach Azteca, but by doing all the sides I am certain not to miss something that may be a benefit later in the game.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Pietoro on Nov 4, 2009 wrote:
So I had a few Halloween quests in one of my alt's quest logs, and now I can't complete them. Are they just stuck in my log until next year, then?
Yes i agree. Any quests but the main quests should be removable. Considering how many people get lost in this simple game if we were to make main quests removable it would be chaos.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
wow i have never seen so many post from Pro. Greyrose in one topic. makes me wonder how many people actually read the comments in the message boards lol.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
gweedoboy on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
wow i have never seen so many post from Pro. Greyrose in one topic. makes me wonder how many people actually read the comments in the message boards lol.
Hi Geedoboy. I noticed the same thing. That's why I suggested Professor Greyrose make her post a permanent topic. We have seen topics like this pop up so many times and she has had to constantly repeat herself.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Hi,
I completely agree that having a delete quest button would be terrible! I personally accept every quest I'm offered because I might accidentally do it when working on another. I just wish there was some way to ORGANIZE quests. For example, it would be helpful for me to have all my find its on one page, all my mooshu stuff on another, and my main quest marked.
thanks,
-Morgan Legendheart level 48, The Drake Hatchery

Survivor
Feb 09, 2011
We should really have one of these. I have quests from years ago that I will never do. They just take up room on my quest page and annoy me. Please add a feature that would remove these!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
As a level 88 wizard I have a TON of quests in my quest log and a lot of them are quest that are from places like Krokotopia and Mooshu. I don't plan on doing any of these quest anytime soon I just wanted to ditch the quests and clean out my quest log. That all I want to say so thanks!

Survivor
May 15, 2012
i don't see the point of adding a delete quest button I mean in the live realm once I got started I had a book load of quests and gt them all done except for a few in about 3 to 4 days once you set your mind to it you can do it so stop asking and just do your quests besides I got a ton of gold from them

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
ok I like the hide feature I think it would be better than deleting whole quests that you cant get back I to am tired of looking at unfinished side quest so kingsisle how about a hide quest feature I like the idea of it and you wont be flooded with unnecessary questions as to how can I or can you please add this quest back to my journal I accidentally deleted a main quest I can't get it back or any of the sort P.s guys they don't like repeating themselves they will end up closing this if you do keep asking the same ignorant question over and over knowing that they replied already

Fred redbright lvl 82 wizard

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Wow people your causing Zeke and Greyrose pain. Though i see why you want a quest deleter there isn't just any. Just go to another world or level up or research how to complete the quest. All i would like is a quest organizer sort of things like you have the journal and at the top is an edit quest journal and you say:

1. Order Given

2. Order of importance

3. Order of dificulty

4. Order by worlds

5. Order by rewards

6. Custom organized (you drag the quest through your book and put them in the order you want to)

Also a good thing would be in the bottom put the amount of pages of quests you want like when you feel i wanna look how many quests i got you just go all confused trying to catch a quest to remember so you can know when have you started looking at the same quests again.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
How about this:

You can only abandon side quests. When you click the abandon button in the corner of the quest a message will pop up with the following:

"Are you sure you would like to abandon this quest, young wizard? It will go straight back to the quest-giver you received it from."

After, as it said, it will go to the same quest giver you received it from. I have played many games that let you abandon quests and it is time Wizard101 lets us. The clutter becomes stressful. Searching through 13 pages just for the main quest?
The main quest should also have an icon so we know it is a main.

Administrator
At the risk of repeating myself, repeatedly..

Abandoning quests will not be an option.
All side quests have a Decline option when you are first offered the task. If you accept, you must complete the tasks you are given.

community@wizard101.com