Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Allow Us to Abandon Quests in Our Quest Log

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Sorry, I disagree with this. It would be nice but imagine how many emails KingsIsle would get if they had this.

Caroline Sunbright - 60 life
Brittany Rainriver - 60 storm
Emily Spiritriver - 60 death
Laura Iceheart - 60 ice
Nicole Jadesword - 60 balance
Alexandra Redleaf - 58 fire

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
YES! Someone finally agrees!

Legendary Pyromancer, Dylan FireGem

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
I will agree. I have some book quests and zeke quests I would like to purge off my log.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
the main quest runs linear and if you were to remove a liner quest you could lose your self. and may have to start all over.

possible the quests could be booked as main line and side line quest.
just a small icon in the corner to designate the line it is in

Administrator
As we've repeatedly stated - if you want to remove a quest from your quest journal - then just complete it.

Deleting a quest is not an option- you must complete the assignments you are given.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
I have over time obtained a lot of side quests that i have no intention of completing. I think you should make it an option to remove quests (side quests.) I know what your gonna say. Oh no young wizard people might delete quests that are important. But what i think is you can have a block on certain quests. And when the quests are deleted from the quest log it goes back to the giver, in case they want it back. Dwell on that.............. :D :D :D

Administrator
Young Wizard, we have repeatedly told you that we will not allow you to delete quests that you have accepted.

You must complete the assignments you are given in order to progress through the story of the game. If you are not strong enough to complete a task now, work on other tasks until your Wizard is more powerful, then come back and complete those other quests.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Hi,

This is an amazing game and all, but when i quit playing and went to play other MMO's something i noticed is that this game has no Abandon Quest option, after recently ordering another month i see this has not yet been implemented

I'm glad to say this is probably the only negative i see in this game considering the rest is amazing, the consistency of updates is fast and its a very enjoyable game in its whole

but with a abandon quest option, the quest log will no longer be something that you feel compelled to organize even in the situation you have quests in lower level worlds with low exp gains or tedious objectives

i understand that this games original audience was the younger generation, but how about making quest abandoning like Open Chat, available to players 18+

this is just a thought and i havent seen a post with this same topic so i made one myself, but i do hope this is considered in an upcoming update or atleast as a special feature.

please and thanks
Life/Myth Wizard Logan GoldenLeaf

Administrator
The only way to remove a quest from your Quest Journal is to complete it.

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
wateraqua123 wrote:
Hi,

This is an amazing game and all, but when i quit playing and went to play other MMO's something i noticed is that this game has no Abandon Quest option, after recently ordering another month i see this has not yet been implemented

I'm glad to say this is probably the only negative i see in this game considering the rest is amazing, the consistency of updates is fast and its a very enjoyable game in its whole

but with a abandon quest option, the quest log will no longer be something that you feel compelled to organize even in the situation you have quests in lower level worlds with low exp gains or tedious objectives

i understand that this games original audience was the younger generation, but how about making quest abandoning like Open Chat, available to players 18+

this is just a thought and i havent seen a post with this same topic so i made one myself, but i do hope this is considered in an upcoming update or atleast as a special feature.

please and thanks
Life/Myth Wizard Logan GoldenLeaf

Wateraqua123, This topic has come up before and as Professor Greyrose stated, the only way to remove them is to complete them. KI WOULD be swamped with all kinds of tickets because some would ACCIDENTALLY delete MAIN STORY LINE quests. Occasionally there is a side quest that you really need to do before you can do something that may be required.

The best way to not have those building up is to complete them in each world as you do that area. Myself, I prefer to complete ALL (including side) quests in each world as I do them so that I don't have to try to figure out where to start later. Plus I actually end up with higher XP as I get to newer areas which can be an added advantage. If I reach the Max level cap before I complete the newest additions to the game, I stop running that wizard (I currently have 9, of which 7 are all at various levels down to lvl 8) and run the next one down.

Plus there is the gardening and pet training and crafting. (PvP is not my thing. WAY too much drama)

Bored with the game? Not me. I take periodic breaks from the game. And not to play other MMOs.

Myself, I am glad this option has never been added to the game and I am sure that KI has no intentions of ever adding it.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
I agree with the ability to delete quests in the quest log. Solution to people mistakenly deleting a quest they didn't want to delete? Making it available at the quest giver again. In my opinion, this is something that is a minor issue but at the same time will go a long ways in making quests easier to keep track of. By making the quests available again if someone wants to go back and complete it later on, tickets could be avoided. So I say YES to adding a delete button in the quest log!

Administrator
We appreciate your feedback, but this will not be an option.
Most quests have a Decline option when you are first offered the task. If you accept, you must complete the tasks you are given, young Wizards.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Can I have a reason why this has not been implemented after all these years? I'm sick of having it filled with useless quests when I press Q and i'm not going to complete all of the quest lines for krokotopia just to get rid of it.

I realise it's a 6 year old game but why not this? :C

Administrator
We have covered this repeatedly, young Wizard.

To remove a quest from your quest journal, you must complete it - period.

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

You have the option on side quests to 'Decline' a quest. If you take the quest, you are expected to complete it.

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

Here's a perfect example of why we do not allow the deletion of quests that you have accepted.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/53762.ftl

If you're not strong enough to complete it with your current character, hop over to Grizzleheim and get some experience and levels then tackle the quest again.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
My oh my, Professor Greyrose, that IS a perfect example.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
I agree with this, except for one VERY limited and special situation: The maddeningly redundant and useless Celestia portal key mission. I had already completed Celestia, THEN got a message telling me to talk with Halston Balestrom, which set off the quest to get the key to Celestia's portal. I accepted before I did research on the quest, only to find out that it was an artifact of a previous version of the game. I went ahead and tried to complete the quest, only to be defeated in the final battle (which in an of itself is a comically ridiculous set of cheats by the bosses), and so that quest will sit there until I stop playing this character. As for coming back when I'm more powerful: I've already completed Dragonspyre, Celestia and Wintertusk, with relatively little difficulty, and I can say that I've never fought a more frustrating battle than the one with Estrakir. If you can't see it as a limited and applicable situation where getting a quest deleted that is wholey redundant, then how about changing up that final battle to NOT include the healing spells?

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
jmbomb on Sep 7, 2012 wrote:
Can I have a reason why this has not been implemented after all these years? I'm sick of having it filled with useless quests when I press Q and i'm not going to complete all of the quest lines for krokotopia just to get rid of it.

I realise it's a 6 year old game but why not this? :C
i cant tell how many posts ive seen suggesting the same thing and all of them were answered by greyrose. this is gonna have more cons than pros

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I would agree with prof. greyrose, i would like the option to decline main quests as i do my side quests before my main, that's the way its always been for me, sometimes i HAVE to take a quest which i am not ready for, it can crowd my questbook and can get really annoying

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Okay, I know this'll sound a little strange, but I think we should have the ability to drop side quests. For instance, sometimes they just loose their appeal, or they're too hard, or too easy, or you just can't do them for whatever reason. I personally have a page and a half of side quests I can't finish because of glitches (Bazalthar Dragonthorn...I crafted those robes, thank you!), inability because of other quests, (again, Bazalthar Dragonthorn is refusing to let me use the anvil at the Crown of Fire), or just a general "me no want to" factor. Many other games, such as Lord of the Rings Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic and a good many others besides have this feature and I for one would see it as an welcome addition to the game if we were allowed to drop side quests.

What do you think?

Administrator
Asked and answered, young Wizard.

When you're given an assignment in school, if you don't do it, you fail.
When you're given an assignment in Wizard101, you have the option to complete the assignment at any time in the future, but you must still complete it.
Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 13, 2012
ok so maybe a Delete quest is not a good idea but what if we where about to give the quest back to the person we got it for there be no complaints because they know where they got the quest so later down the road they could get it again

what do you think

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I had suggested this before and I still think this would work.

Our Quest Log File should be divided, with tabs or something like that, by world/area (Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, etc.). And one "new" tab -- "Other" -- where we could put those unwanted quests, and maybe someday, when we are ready to tackle them, we could open that "Other" tab and work on those quests.

Even if we don't get the "Other" tab, I would still like to see the Quest Log File divided by worlds/areas. It gets so confusing when I have main storyline quests, side quests, and then side "worlds", like Grizzleheim and Wysteria. Sometimes I get toally confused.

Along the same line of thought, I would also like a marking of some kind (color coded?) in the Quest Log File so that we know "main" quests from "side" quests.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
I understand your point (Professor Greyrose), but I have accepted a few quest that I didn't mean to accept. I think that it is only fair to let us drop a side quest, but not a quest that is important to the story. Maybe you could come up with a way for us wizards to buy out of a side quest, much like the way a person can buy out of a contract at a cell phone company.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
swim team on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
ok so maybe a Delete quest is not a good idea but what if we where about to give the quest back to the person we got it for there be no complaints because they know where they got the quest so later down the road they could get it again

what do you think
Although I agree with your idea it could become programatically messy if you half finished a quest and then decided to cancel it. In many quests you get items, interact with NPCs, get XP, unlock child quests, etc. as you progress through it. I would expect handling cancelled quests would present significant game issues. Simply "resetting" the quest may not be so simple.

Pausing (not a full reset, just a temporary cancel with the idea of picking it up later) a quest isn't so simple either because the NPCs move around as you progress through quests. How would you ever find an NPC that moved from its original location if the quest was removed from your quest log book?

Administrator
While we realize that you may want the ability to delete a quest - you are given the option when you are offered most quests to deny or accept. If you don't want to do the quest, don't accept it.

We will not be adding the ability to delete/drop a quest once you have accepted it.

community@wizard101.com