Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Allow Us to Abandon Quests in Our Quest Log

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
Geeze Guys! Both Greyrose and Zeke said it's "Never going to happen." Stop being pests!

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
At the risk of repeating myself, repeatedly..

Abandoning quests will not be an option.
All side quests have a Decline option when you are first offered the task. If you accept, you must complete the tasks you are given.
Wow just wow. But are we going to have a quest organizer? Maybe? Maybe not?

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Luke Skysleeper on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
Wow people your causing Zeke and Greyrose pain. Though i see why you want a quest deleter there isn't just any. Just go to another world or level up or research how to complete the quest. All i would like is a quest organizer sort of things like you have the journal and at the top is an edit quest journal and you say:

1. Order Given

2. Order of importance

3. Order of dificulty

4. Order by worlds

5. Order by rewards

6. Custom organized (you drag the quest through your book and put them in the order you want to)

Also a good thing would be in the bottom put the amount of pages of quests you want like when you feel i wanna look how many quests i got you just go all confused trying to catch a quest to remember so you can know when have you started looking at the same quests again.
I'm returning to the game after a couple years and when I look at my quest log I can't remember who gave me what and I don't know what I should be working on. For others that are returning to the game after a long time, this would come in handy. Especially if your quest log is pretty full! Anyway we can make this possible?
Thanks KI!

Survivor
Jan 22, 2013
critical blizzard on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
you guys really wanna cause pain for kingsisle don't you
yes, yes they do. it's the only way! lol jk

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
Angel Darkheart on Apr 25, 2011 wrote:
I Strongly suggest that you put a "Delete This Quest" Button in your Quest log. I just hate when I get a quest and figure out sooner or later that It is such a hard quest and have to wait a week to do it. Now some reasons why it is a good thing to add

1.) Delete a quest you Accidentally accepted (Such as rushing to see what the quest is and the goal, but click too fast and press "Accept")

2.) People have more control over their gameplay experience

3.) If people do a crafting quest and figure out how hard it is, they may delete it at will.

(Example:) In celestia, I took a side quest that required crafting. (Note: I am an apprentice crafter.) It required me to make a Tea Set from Grizzleheim and it was Adept Crafters Only!!! And freaked out. I really wish I could get rid of it, then when I am ready, I get to do it over again.

Problems that I have answers for:

1.) Delete a quest "Accidentally" and in the middle of it
(Stop complaining, you can do it over, no big deal! Also, it IS your fault you clicked Delete, anyways)

2.) Delete a side quest that you need to do again for maybe a school quest.
(See 1's answer)

3.) Can't find a storyline quest you deleted
(You will eventually find it if you keep looking, won't you? If not, ask a friend.)

:D I hope you Wizard101 players agree with me. :D
Put in your comments about this Delete option below!
Reason 1: There is a dialogue button. You can read it and find out what it is!

Also, if you ever look at Prospector Zeke's bottom quote, it says, "To get the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts." That means you HAVE to do the quests.

I agree to Prospector Zeke because you get more XP and levels, and also gets you further into the story of the spiral.

Also, if you delete them, you could not get the quest or items you could of earned back. If you delete quests, Wizard101 might turn into a game that you think is boring. I think there should never ever be a Abandon Quest button. Period.

You could get together as a group and do quests together, because that is the True fun of Wizard101.
The TFOW101 (True fun of Wizard101) is something not everybody gets to do. But once you discover it, you would not want a Abandon Quest button.

Hannah Moonstone, level 41 Master Theurgist "Marleybone is just the beginning of the Malistaire Arc..."

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Guys to give you a example at what a side quest that you don't like might hold for you is this:
I held off the Tapestry quest for Avalon for about, 5 months lol. I decided one day to do it, and to my surprise completing that one unlocks a quest that gives you a training points! I was amazed, but now I have to do it on my storm too haha.
Level 90Miguel
Level 90Miguel
Level 40Miguel

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Ruthless Anthony on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
How about this:

You can only abandon side quests. When you click the abandon button in the corner of the quest a message will pop up with the following:

"Are you sure you would like to abandon this quest, young wizard? It will go straight back to the quest-giver you received it from."

After, as it said, it will go to the same quest giver you received it from. I have played many games that let you abandon quests and it is time Wizard101 lets us. The clutter becomes stressful. Searching through 13 pages just for the main quest?
The main quest should also have an icon so we know it is a main.

I do like the concept you added at the end.

Maybe make the main quest a "green" color so it stands out?

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
People stop making this didn't you read there sayings? To get the prize you need to hung the ladder rope by rope and "... with persistence, victory is assured." Here is a good example:

Some months ago I got the Snow angel quest. And I accepted it just like any other side quest. But when I was defeated 7 times in a row by Volkir Rimeaxe I was super mad at it and wished I could have deleted it. But I couldn't so I did some research and saw other had a lot of problems with it too. So i did what the guide said I bought a myth resistance specialized gear, but even that wasn't enough. So I kept trying on on... Till one try I finally passed it! Then I realized I was just frustrated. I never wanted a delete button. If there would had been a delete button, I would have never gotten snow angel.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
I stand with Professor Greyrose on this. Tis a bad idea to have a delete quest function, because customer support will be flooded with tickets about retrieving accidental deletions. Don't want the quest, decline it. Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
BELGRIM 101 on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
I stand with Professor Greyrose on this. Tis a bad idea to have a delete quest function, because customer support will be flooded with tickets about retrieving accidental deletions. Don't want the quest, decline it. Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy.
Haha I like your last detail But seriously now if we did what someone else said that the quest will be given back to the giver, what if the giver is in a really tough dungeon or you don't remember who gave to you in the first place! Cause your not the kind to press the dialogue button. It will still be flooded with tickets

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
At the risk of repeating myself, repeatedly..

Abandoning quests will not be an option.
All side quests have a Decline option when you are first offered the task. If you accept, you must complete the tasks you are given.
Just a thought, but instead of deleting the quests what if an organization feature were added. It could separate the quest log into sections to cut down on the "clutter". It could be broken up in a couple ways, you could make it so each world in the spiral would have their own section, or you could break it down by the type of quest, such as a section for story-line quests, school quests, event quests, find the "____" quests (the zeke quests to find certain objects and creatures throughout each world), and miscellaneous quests. Would this be a feasible option?

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Prospector Zeke on Dec 1, 2010 wrote:
*sigh* I hate to repeat myself, but we've stated over and over again, that you cannot delete a quest.

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

Zeke is right. You guys think that deleting a quest is a good idea but what if you delete the wrong quest, or you wanted the quest back. The message boards would be filled with "How do I get my quest back?" and personally I would just be annoyed of it, and I bet many other people would to.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Prospector Zeke on Dec 1, 2010 wrote:
*sigh* I hate to repeat myself, but we've stated over and over again, that you cannot delete a quest.

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

Just a thought, but instead of deleting the quests what if an organization feature were added. It could separate the quest log into sections to cut down on the "clutter". It could be broken up in a couple ways, you could make it so each world in the spiral would have their own section, or you could break it down by the type of quest, such as a section for story-line quests, school quests, event quests, find the "____" quests (the zeke quests to find certain objects and creatures throughout each world), and miscellaneous quests. Would this be a feasible option?

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I have to applaud the amount of patience the Mods have on this forum and more so for this topic. I am mind-boggled at the amount of people that continue to go on and go about the 'abandon quest' after it has been stated time and time again this is not going to happen. I suggest people read all of the posts on a thread before replying to one.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Linsilee Moonwillo... on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
I have to applaud the amount of patience the Mods have on this forum and more so for this topic. I am mind-boggled at the amount of people that continue to go on and go about the 'abandon quest' after it has been stated time and time again this is not going to happen. I suggest people read all of the posts on a thread before replying to one.
And If you would have read through the comments you would have seen its not all just people saying allow us or don't allow us, there are also comments where people are trying to come up with alternative solutions to what we feel is a problem.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
I posted this in the Lab, but I realized I should put it here. So, my idea was a quest skipper, with which you could skip a quest for a certain amount of crowns or gold. There would be about a 3 month cool down time and it would be relatively expensive. See a more in depth version in the Lab!

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
Yea that would be pretty cool because some quests are annoying and hard. But that kin
da ruins the point of the game which is to do quests.

Caleb MoonDust lvl 38

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Blaze Battle Dream... on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
I posted this in the Lab, but I realized I should put it here. So, my idea was a quest skipper, with which you could skip a quest for a certain amount of crowns or gold. There would be about a 3 month cool down time and it would be relatively expensive. See a more in depth version in the Lab!
Sorry, I don't see this happening. For years people have been asking to delete quests and KI has said no.
I'm sure Professor Greyrose will have more to say on this. (Although it would be nice to skip or delete side quests)

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Caleb Nightingale on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
Yea that would be pretty cool because some quests are annoying and hard. But that kin
da ruins the point of the game which is to do quests.

Caleb MoonDust lvl 38
I think some people would get to a hard quest and then simply quit, sitting around for the cool down until they can use the skip quest again. I agree with Caleb, it kind of ruins the point

From, Diana Swiftfountain, lvl 88,

Survivor
Apr 04, 2013
i agree a little. we should be able to skip at least side quest not main quest that what makes the game fun by doing the quest and leveling up if you skip it how would you level up? just think about it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
No, no, a thousand times no.

It's bad enough that people can already buy better stats (at the low levels) via expensive Crowns gear. This is all kinds of no... What's next, the ability to buy rank in pvp? Oh, wait, that already exists.

The crowns vs. time gap is getting larger, bordering on unfair. If KI implements this, then I am done. It's an insult to those of us who do the time (because, apparently, putting in time is no longer enough).

-v.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
RavenLady777 on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, I don't see this happening. For years people have been asking to delete quests and KI has said no.
I'm sure Professor Greyrose will have more to say on this. (Although it would be nice to skip or delete side quests)
Deleting side quests would be nice like the quest library dues or find the smiths and stuff like that

Survivor
Apr 02, 2014
There are hundreds of games out that implement the ability to delete quest (almost all of them). I dont think many people understand how they get the system to work. See they allow you to delete quest but you can also just go back and talk to the npc and except the quest again. If you ask me that seems like a real simple and easy way to put it. It's not difficult and you and always go back and do the quest later, not have it sit in your quest log. Also whats stopping them from implementing a message from one of the npc's explaining how the feature works. Im sure the kids would be able to read that and understand it just like anything else in the game. I have played a lot of games online in my life and none of them have been flooded with tickets asking how to get a quest back, because all you have to do is talk to the npc. If you look at all the games out there they all have this implemented. I don't understand why Kingsisle can't do the same thing for wizard101. It's not gonna cause a problem and it will make a ton of players happier that play this game. In all games like this that provide quest of course the point of playing is to complete the quest. But idk if any ever thought of this but starting out you get those few quests at Firecat Alley and Colossus Boulevard, that require you to buy crowns. Unless you or someone you refer spends money those quest will just sit in your inventory. Also that implies that unless you pretty much are forced to pay, or someone else is to even complete the quest. But if there was a feature to get rid of them it would be great for someone who may not want to buy crowns or a membership that only plays in wizard city. Honestly i dont see how it would be a huge hassle to add the feature to the game. I mean you cant force someone to do something they dont want to wich is pretty much what not being able to complete the quest does, it forces you to complete them wether you like it or not.

Administrator

While we appreciate that our players have quests they don't want, the only way to remove a quest from your quest journal is to complete it. This is not going to change.

Mainline quests cannot be declined. Side quests can be declined so if you don't want to do a quest, do not accept it.

If you are not a strong enough Wizard to complete the quest on your own, find others who are working on the same quest and team up, or spend some time completing other quests to help you up in levels.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Is there a way to remove quests from your quest book that you are no longer interested in doing?