Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Allow Us to Abandon Quests in Our Quest Log

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
on my high lvl guy he still has quests from marlybone and all other places it gets anoying just make it so they cant delete main quest

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
There should be an option to delete nonimportant side quests, such as prospector Zeke ones

Administrator
To remove a quest from your quest journal, you must complete it - period.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I would really love it if we had the ability to remove quests off of our Wizard's Quest List . You know the ones that you do not want to do. Like the one for the Spiral Key in Marleybone. I know that you no longer have to do it to get to Celestia. Yet I accidentally ended up with it on one of my Wizard's Quest List. You start talking to the guy in the Marleybone Museum and you end up with the quest on your list. You do not have the option to accept or refuse the quest like you do with the other ones.
It would be really nice to be able to remove quests off of your list instead of having to complete the ones like this that you do not need to do...and had no option to refuse them to start with.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Don't you understand, they will NEVER add one so if you're doing a main quest. If you don't want a side quest unless if it leads to a dungeon at lvl 60 like the Waterworks accept it. Also do the side worlds for your spells and pets but don't accept any other quests if you don't want to. One more thing, don't click to FAST! Wait there is one more other thing. Look at each side quest in Celestia and beyond so you can do your Astral Quests and also get free training points NOT from Zeke. Sorry if I offended you Zeke. So as one more thing I will like to ask the moderators. Case closed! or in other words, Lock this Board as soon as you see this.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
They will NOT make it possible to delete quests!!!!!!! Don't accept side quests if you don't want them! I think you should lock this.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Kingsisle has said this countless times, here and in other threads:

Deleting Quests isn't an option KI will add. Period. For every gamer out there who knows how to use Quest Deletion from other games, there are two or three young, new gamers who don't know how to use the feature correctly. It would cause too much misery on both sides, with Young Wizards who are upset because they lost a quest on one end, and KI, whose workers would be swamped with the same problem repeatedly on the other.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Good thing we're stopping it! LOCK IT!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
As you level up its really easy to clear out the old quest clutter. Reeaaally easy.

Kinda fun too.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Nope. You have to complete it for it to dissapear from your book. Good luck

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I'm laughing after reading these comments. Zeke and Greyrose were getting frustrated lol.

But yeah, it does get frustrating when wizards ask the same question over and over again... It's not going to happen people!!

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
The game should make a way for players to remove quests from their spell books. I just tried to complete a quest that is solo and it was three against one. I was killed in no time, I would like to remove this quest from my spell book but know game has no way of doing this, It is something to consider in future as this quest will never get completed.I have many such quest in my spell book that I have written off as non completable. This will be one. Although it is a new spell quest My wizard will just have to continue on without a new spell. thus making the game less fun. Shame you made the quest this way, it has turned out to be what I call crown quests as you have to use crowns to hire help since none can come in and help. The game needs to do away with these crown quests and make playing game more pleasurable for the Player. This is another reason I let my sub go this year.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
BrutalTooth on Dec 1, 2010 wrote:
I think that DELETING a quest should be put in here so that we don't have to complete it if we don't want to. I would be nice to clear up some "quest log clutter" without having to do the quests we don't want to do anymore.
also the icons can sometimes be sooooo scary.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
Either complete it, or you can go to your log and select a quest that can't have a quest helper and then you don't accidentally follow it, and you just have some small words atop your experience bar.
- Catherine Winterstaff

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
2x4 two step on May 3, 2013 wrote:
The game should make a way for players to remove quests from their spell books. I just tried to complete a quest that is solo and it was three against one. I was killed in no time, I would like to remove this quest from my spell book but know game has no way of doing this, It is something to consider in future as this quest will never get completed.I have many such quest in my spell book that I have written off as non completable. This will be one. Although it is a new spell quest My wizard will just have to continue on without a new spell. thus making the game less fun. Shame you made the quest this way, it has turned out to be what I call crown quests as you have to use crowns to hire help since none can come in and help. The game needs to do away with these crown quests and make playing game more pleasurable for the Player. This is another reason I let my sub go this year.
This will not happen. They have made this very clear over many postings.

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
Sorry, but if you don't want a quest your out of luck. You have to finish it.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Honestly, guys.
They've repeated themselves several times: there is NOT going to be a delete quest button! And why should there be? If you accept a quest, you should finish it! I am about halfway through Azteca, and I had multiple quests remaining from Marleybone, MooShu, and some of the other early worlds. Guess what I did. I went back and finished them! It really isn't that hard. When I went from fighting in Azteca to battling in Marleybone, I was so surprised at how easy the fights were. If you do it correctly, you can kill almost all of the enemies in one shot. On the collect quests, you almost always collect from the enemy, even if you were fighting only one.
I agree with Professor Greyrose and Prospector Zeke. There should never be a "Delete Quest" button.
HOWEVER-
I do agree with Honeybee313. The option of sorting quests in our journal would be nice. It would be great to be able to open my quest journal and see only Azteca quests, instead of searching through all of my other quests. If there were quest tabs for the quests in each world, as well as school and crafting quests. It would make our quest journals so much easier to navigate through.

Thanks for Reading!

Kelsey Daisyblossom
Archmage Theurgist

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
I don't really think you should be able to delete a quest. You see, the problem with that is someone might delete the wrong quest, and they'll be no way to get it back. Someone might delete their main quest, the one that's gonna get them through the whole game. How will they get it back? They can't. So, I don't think a delete button or any of the sort should be added to W101. Sorry.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
foogo1 on Nov 30, 2010 wrote:
Is there any way to deleat a quest without restarting, JUST deleating a quest? -- Blaze Dragonfist, level 32
No.

(Kept it simple for once)
Destiny Windgem, level 42

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
HI.
Give the Quest Log a facelift, as it were. Tabs on the opposite side that say "Storyline Quest", "Side Quests", and "All Quests". Allow the player to make more tabs. I would make a "Priority Quests" tab that shows the storyline quest and the side quest I have chosen as current priority. This makes both sides equally happy.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
KI please give us an option to quit quests. I have some I accepted last year. I can't seem to find the storyline quest. I don't know why I accepted all of these. I guess at the time I needed the XP but now I want to get rid of them. So please make an option to get rid of quests (Besides storyline quests).

Defender
May 29, 2009
How about instead of being able to abandon/delete quests, you could move quests around you're quest log, so you can put wanted quests in the front, and unwanted in the back. Then the pages will be numbered. This could work pretty good.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv77

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
MustachCashDash on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
KI please give us an option to quit quests. I have some I accepted last year. I can't seem to find the storyline quest. I don't know why I accepted all of these. I guess at the time I needed the XP but now I want to get rid of them. So please make an option to get rid of quests (Besides storyline quests).
Did you not read what the Professor wrote, right above you?

This will not happen. Do the quests to get rid of them, and be careful about accepting quests you do not want to complete.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
I took a bunch of quests I don't want to do now. I want to remove them so I can focus on other quests.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
How about being able to sort quests? Like you could sort them by Defeat Quests, Defeat and Collect Quests, Go to quests, Talk To quests, Find Item quests, Use Item quests, Quests in certain worlds, and storyline or side quests. You could select like this:
Side Quest > World Name > Type of Quest > Name of Monster/Place/Item/NPC (choices only include names of places/things that are currently in your quest book)and then it would be filtered. You could click an "un-filter" button to un-filter the quests. This would make side questing and finding the storyline quest a LOT easier.