Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Admin banning duelists?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
Today while at the arena, I ran into this curious case. I was watching a 4v4, and one of the teams chain stunned the other. Some of the duelists of the chained team are well known duelist, this one in specific. So as the first Storm Lord is cast, this duelists says "Better not chain stun", "I will get all your accounts muted forever". Then the second Storm Lord is casted and her team is chain stunned and she goes "I told you". The match was over and the other team ported out, the team that was chained stayed. This girl told her team mates "ok their accounts got banned". Obviously, first impression from me was a surprised face. For the fact that if she really did ban the other accounts that would mean she is an admin and its abusing her power.

After that, I kept investigating, because I was curious about this specific case.

I text chat one of the other team's members and asked her to add me. She did and I ported to her. Then the girl posing as an admin (unless she really is) ported to them as well because of the guys added her. I hid somewhere so I could just listen, as she explained that chain stunning was bad and that if they did it again she would mute them and ban them all forever and all this nonsense. I waited till she left and just laughed here, because really, does she really think anyone would believe all this without proof? But guess what, the other team did believe it and now they were really scared and terrify.

So this is my question(s) to you KI,
Are there admins playing the game (in disguise you could say since they should have the KI Badge anyways) that would ban people if they see them doing something wrong?

And if the answer for that question is yes, Why would an admin falsely mute or ban a player for chain stunning when KI said themselves that chain stunning was false reporting AND chain stunning is not against the rules?

I know that most likely this player is lying really bad, but this case amuses me a bit and I want to show all players not to fall for such lies. If my assumptions are true (which they most likely are), then I am allowed to report this player for posing as an Admin/KI Employee?

Administrator
Unless a player has the KingsIsle Support badge, they in no way represent Wizard101 or KingsIsle.

In no uncertain terms, if you see a player pretending to be a representative of KingsIsle, please report them immediately, as this is a bannable offense.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 30, 2009
Well....seems like this was a mirror image of a PVP battle is was actually IN. My partner and I were in a 3v3 match with another of his characters and when we first started the chain stunning we were called names. Then when we did it again, one of the girls on the opposing team said that she was going to report us, which she did my friend, and that chain stunning was against the rules. Now, I have been all over these forums and NOWHERE does it state that it's against the rules. When we did it again, and by this time it was just to tick her off a little more, she said that "everyone I report for doing this gets banned, so you might as well say I'm an admin". It's a little irritating when people think they are so much bigger than they are and to go around telling others that she can get you banned cause KI "does what she tells them to" is crazy. Fortunately, we were both adults and if on the slim chance we actually DO get banned or punished in some way we would know where to go to get some answers. But if it were a younger person they were threatening, they wouldn't know where to turn and would probably be sacred or terrorfied of loosing their accounts like they say. I say, if they want to act like childern and run around posing as an admin, they report it and let KI be the mommy and dole out the punishment!

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
What don't get is how they could chain stun anyway. Aren't there the stun shields now to prevent that?

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Unless a player has the KingsIsle Support badge, they in no way represent Wizard101 or KingsIsle.

In no uncertain terms, if you see a player pretending to be a representative of KingsIsle, please report them immediately, as this is a bannable offense.

proffesor greyrose i find nothing wrng with chainstunning and it isnt against the rules but today i got reported for it so please tell me do you look back at the conversions for false reports/accusations please i do not want to to buted suspended or banned

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
Windlilly wrote:
What don't get is how they could chain stun anyway. Aren't there the stun shields now to prevent that?

kind of you could chain stun if someone stuns then you use lets say storm lord and the shield goes away at that point then you have another chance to stun then if anothwer stun comes by you can keep that going but what I dont understand if people hate chainstunning so much STUN BACK and dont cry about it

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
wizardq32 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

proffesor greyrose i find nothing wrng with chainstunning and it isnt against the rules but today i got reported for it so please tell me do you look back at the conversions for false reports/accusations please i do not want to to buted suspended or banned
I agree if chain stunning was cheap, would KI approve it? Of course not. Just like wild bolt

Wild bolt was made fair by making it 10 accuracy.

ALL stuns were made fair by giveing a shield after.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Windlilly wrote:

In 3v3 and 4v4 stun shields do nothing to prevent chain stunning. The first player will stun, the second player "stuns again" (which removes the shields) then the next round they are free to stun you again. The team they stun doesn't get to cast even one spell the entire match.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

oh man!!!!!!!! thats just weird though, i have no idea who would want to look like a kingsisle person. but i never new that was a bannable offense!!