Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Newer to the game question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
Hi there sorry if this has been asked prior

I am a bit newer to the game and so far have a deathwizard at 14 and a fire at 14.

both are great, the death seems to be able to solo a bit better due to health stealing spells, both soom powerful

my question is if i solo almost completly what is best to play?
for secondary was gonna bounce around a bit and get spells that help all around.
figured ice to shield
life up to absorb or possibly higher

thanks

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Though opinions will vary, the Death School is probably the best one to solo with, particulary for newer players. The health stealing spells are great and when combined with a high accuracy (85%), you've got a great wizard to solo with.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009

Hello,
First off welcome to the game, I myself use Fire as my primary school, something I've learned in the game is to be flexible with how you spend your training points much like how you've stated. My secondary school is Death, because there where specific cards in there that would benefit me more so in damage(Feint), not so much creature spells. I have also trained some in life and storm, for life to be able to get the sprite card, which does great for healing and storm to get a little bit more damage out there and to mix things up(but I use the death and storm cards as treasure cards), in case I get in a bind I use a Vampire for some healing, however I've never run into a situation where I needed to use it and I've been able to tackle any battle in this game without problem aside from the only one I've never tried alone or could but thats Malistaire. I'll give you a tip, as you get higher like your 40's and 50's keep your decks small my level 50 Fire/Death deck doesnt go higher than 65 cards and keep multiple cards 3 to 4 of each(blades and traps for example). Dont forget that your treasure cards do add to the total of your deck. Something else Ive learned is that I dont have anything in my decks but my primary school incorporate spells that you need at that time, your prisms for instance are a good exmaple.

Thanks
Jester

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
for death I think life or balance works best. I have a death/life lvl 33 and it seems to be almost impossible to beat with this combination. This just my opinion.

for fire, i think secondary a good choice would be ice, balance or life.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
Death is a VERY good class to solo the game with. but just know ya can't solo the entire game by yourself. as for a secondary, that is your choice. but personally, i wouldnt choose ice school JUST for tower shields :)