Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Complaining and More Complaining

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
But it is hard to save up. I bet that each and every one of you that stated you were able to save up quickly for mounts have wizards in the latter half of MB or farther along. Sure, these drops give higher gold rewards and higher-valued items.

But what about the players who's best wizards in only in KT? It seems like every time I take a trip to WC to sell items at the bazaar I am surrounded by masses of Novices and Innitiates. Certainly some of these wizards are from account holders with wizards of Magus status or higher, but not all.

The "just farm" option for these players isn't viable as it would take a month or more (assuming you only played a couple of hours a day and maybe a bit more on weekends) because the drops are far, far less in terms of gold and value of items. That is just too tedious and far too boring for a game that is suppose to be fun and exciting.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Umm IamLezul , did you read what was written?

All the things are optional and not needed at all for the enjoyment of the game.

Some people can go out for fast food and be happy, others need to fly on their private jet to Europe for dinner to be happy.

Can I afford all these new toys for my wizards...Yes. Have I bought a mount for any of them...No. (I might on a few of my high levels, as by the time you get to DS you have a hugh surplus of coins in most cases).

Why? I don't need them. They are fun to watch, especially the younger set, as they race them and have fun, and half the reason I play this game is social interactions, working with others, etc.

Oh, I spent a few crowns on second chance...I am not going to anymore as the chance for the second time to get something good is not improved, so farming if I want something is the way to go.

I might try Henchmen if things get serious, but, I never needed them before, etc...

Now look at the prices:
Low end mount = 1 visit to a upscale coffe vendor (you know, those that have spread across the world from Seattle).
High end mounts = A week of visits.

I realize that some players will be from families on food stamps and lost jobs...but the enjoyment of the game does not, and should not, be from the new toys...they are not necessary for the flow and fun of the game.

Well duh. Never said im not playing anymore. Heck, i play everyday! Just said it was sort of a bummer when i've been waiting so long 4 mounts.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
But it is hard to save up. I bet that each and every one of you that stated you were able to save up quickly for mounts have wizards in the latter half of MB or farther along. Sure, these drops give higher gold rewards and higher-valued items.

But what about the players who's best wizards in only in KT? It seems like every time I take a trip to WC to sell items at the bazaar I am surrounded by masses of Novices and Innitiates. Certainly some of these wizards are from account holders with wizards of Magus status or higher, but not all.

The "just farm" option for these players isn't viable as it would take a month or more (assuming you only played a couple of hours a day and maybe a bit more on weekends) because the drops are far, far less in terms of gold and value of items. That is just too tedious and far too boring for a game that is suppose to be fun and exciting.

Actually? I raised all my money strictly from farming regeants. Farm for them early in the morning when no one is on. Sale in the evening when the regeants are going like wild fire in the bazzaar.

And with having the new limit of 999 of each regeant? Along with the rare regeant percentage being raised (you get a rare about every tenth common regeant farmed verses previously twentieth)...

I average between 30,000 and 55,000 coin a day just from regeant hunting during the week. I don't regeant sell on the weekends, because so many people are on-line and the bazaar is being flooded with regeants then. Any fighting I do, which is on the weekends, I give the armor items to my new character to sale so she can earn towards better gear or her own home.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
sanmil0963 - You hit the nail right on the head with your reply. WTG! :-)