Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the gold limit for a wizard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Why can't I find what the gold limit is for a wizard in the Player's Guide? Where can I find it without having to ask which just adds to the monster that is the Forum?

What is the limit? It used to be 130,000g I thought, but now with some outfit colors costing 150,000g, I want to know what the new gold cap is.

Thanks,
Fallon Moonrunner, Grandmaster Ice

Administrator
The maximum amount of gold a character can have was raised to 150 000 in June.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 04, 2009
MarchHare wrote:
Why can't I find what the gold limit is for a wizard in the Player's Guide? Where can I find it without having to ask which just adds to the monster that is the Forum?

What is the limit? It used to be 130,000g I thought, but now with some outfit colors costing 150,000g, I want to know what the new gold cap is.

Thanks,

practically, you wont have any chance to actually GET that much gold, unless you buy 60,000 crowns twice, which would cost you $160.

be sure to thank me, Tanner Willowrunner, Level 32 Magus Fire student

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
The maximum amount of gold a character can have was raised to 150 000 in June.

Thank you!

Fallon

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
chrisbradley wrote:
MarchHare wrote:

Thanks,

practically, you wont have any chance to actually GET that much gold, unless you buy 60,000 crowns twice, which would cost you $160.

sure you can. In just 3 weeks I have saved almost 40,000 gold. and I dont play that much

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
chrisbradley wrote:
MarchHare wrote:

Thanks,

Actually (and I don't know if I should be embarrassed or not by this but....) I have at the moment 148,074g and I didn't buy any of it!

My concern now is that if the cap is 150,000g and an outfit I want is 150,000g then I will lose gold because when I get enough gold to buy it, I will have undoubtedly found, in a chest or battle, more gold than I can carry. Therefore, I think that the cap should be higher than the highest priced item. (Or rather, in a buyer's market, that the highest priced item should be lower than 150,000g!) Do you agree?

Explorer
May 04, 2009
Okay, you're lucky you got that much, lol. And by the way, I am no longer a magus, I'm a master now :D!

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Still much too low, in my opinion. It really doesn't take so long to reach 150k if you are playing a lot. I have reached it a few times and it's rather annoying when you feel like you are then forced to buy something or lose earning anything more. I wasn't even to it the other day on my Ice Grand, I had 142,000 plus and Zeke pops up and says I need to spend it or lose earnings. Then there have been other times when I was only a few hundred away and trying to sell things but couldn't because it would put me over the top and he never said a word beforehand. So, anyway, I ended up buying my Ice wizard the Ice School House, which I hadn't planned, but what other choice did I have? I use her a lot because she is so useful to others to have around. I don't really get why there needs to be a max gold anyway.

I also don't buy gold with crowns, save for maybe a thousand gold when I first start a wizard, and I rarely do that now unless the other wizards can't buy and trade something to the new one and the new one really needs it. I sure would never buy the amount mentioned, that is just insane! Most of the time I don't even know what to do with the coin I got

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
most likly there should be a bank to store money if u have too much but only if u have too much the cost 10 gold 8)

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
chrisbradley wrote:
MarchHare wrote:

Thanks,

I manage to cap that amount at least once a week just selling regeants I farm in the game. That INCLUDES also engaging in constant buying of hard-to-get furniture/plant items. In otherwords, I spend as much as I make, PLUS still manage to cap out at 150,000 gold easily.

And no...I don't spend all day in-game collecting regeants. I just happen to be good at selling when the regeants are most rare, so I get the highest possible coinage for them.

I'm not the only one in-game that has no problems reaching the max coinage allowance through farming bosses or regeants. Many post here on a regular basis tips and tricks to reaching that cap easily. And that doesn't include the coins you earn for quests, if you're not spending it right away but saving it up.

I agree with oceandreamer...The cap needs to be raised higher. There's only so much space in the banks, backpacks, and attics that you can buy to keep from reaching that max coin cap as it currently is. At the rate my characters earn coins, they'll run out of space to put purchased items in before being unable to reach the coin max. LOL!

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
i realy like the bank idea. its been a while since june 2009 does anyone realize that the cap could have been raised by than?!?