Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the point of subscribing!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
I no longer see a valid point to subscribing, since if I want access to some of the new content, like Henchman, and some of the better potions, I'm forced to buy crowns anyway. It seems like the game is finding new and more interesting ways to get as much money as possible from us rather than reward the ones who chose to subscribe. Sorry KI but you've lost a subscriber and a player here!
I don't mind paying a little more for a subscription that allows me to earn my way in game, but this crown only stuff seems a little on the greedy side to me.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
LadyeAmintha wrote:
I no longer see a valid point to subscribing, since if I want access to some of the new content, like Henchman, and some of the better potions, I'm forced to buy crowns anyway. It seems like the game is finding new and more interesting ways to get as much money as possible from us rather than reward the ones who chose to subscribe. Sorry KI but you've lost a subscriber and a player here!
I don't mind paying a little more for a subscription that allows me to earn my way in game, but this crown only stuff seems a little on the greedy side to me.

i agree, Kings isle's greed disgusts me, i'm no longer buying any wizard101 membership.

Im just gonna fight lady blackhope for 5 hours to get experience. or maybe even better, i could spam wild bolt in the duel arena and make people mad?

that would make the game fun again....

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Actually, all the new ingame stuff also has a coin cost, besides just the crown prices. Just click the coin tab that's in the lower right hand side view box, and you'll see what that item costs in coins.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
I don't mind paying a little more for a subscription that allows me to earn my way in game, but this crown only stuff seems a little on the greedy side to me. WELL HAVENT YOU TRIED THE TEST REALM?THEY HAVE GIVEN ME $240 WORTH IN CROWNS AND THEY ONLY LET PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUSCRIBED IN THE LAST 30 DAYS TRY IT! :(but when you do stuff there it does not affect your real character.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
I completely agree with you my friend. They should add benefits to subscribing other than just access to ares and such. Its not right paying extra to just get a mount and such. That would be a waste of money :(

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
This is absurd! I also pay for 2 subscriptions and have been looking forward to the new features, especially the henchmen and the stitching, but now I have to buy crowns to use them. What is the sense of a subscription? Might as well just be a crown player.
Also the gold price of the mounts are ridiculous, more than double the price of a mansion!
KI you will be sorry when all your subscribers cancel their subscriptions....I know I will be cancelling mine ASAP!

Autumn Mistbreeze Grandmaster Life
Ashley Deathblossom Master Death
Sabrina Mythblossom lvl 35 Myth
Rachel Willowblossom lvl 18 Balance
Kayla Winterblossom lvl 15 Ice
Taylor Fireblossom lvl 5 Fire

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
LadyeAmintha wrote:
it is quite stewpid but if you like this game i would

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
i agree with you on what is the point of subscribing when you have to buy crowns to get the good stuff. I think that they want to squeeze as much money as they can out of us, and that if we do not want or can not afford it we luck out.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
LadyeAmintha wrote:

I paid for a year up front!!! Now wishing I had paid monthly!! And now they nickel and dime us, well, not nickel and dime, more like $50 to get the mount in crowns because the $25 only gives 13,750. Exchange rate from crowns to gold is 1.41. However, to get the mount in gold, we have to pay 6 times what those paying crowns have to pay. Yes, 90,000 gold for a mount is a 6 exchange rate. If they allowed us to exchange gold for crowns in game, at the base exchange rate of 1.41, 90,000 gold would yield 63,900 crowns. Instead, the rate they are using is 90,000 gold =15,000 crowns. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? Gold and crowns should be the same equivalent rate!!!!!! Not hijacking those who don't want or can't afford to buy crowns!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
LadyeAmintha wrote:

Couldn't agree more this is why after paying the 60 dollars for a years worth subscription i've also decided not to continue my membership. I could get way more content out of some other game for that kind of money. if there isn't some sort of change to this plan soon, I'm pretty sure there will be alot more concerned and valued customers lost.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i know i already posted, but i have to say this because im outraged!

Kings isle has no respect for us subscribers what so ever, all they ever do is pay attention to their crown buys.

This is sick and wrong.

We pay for this game JUST LIKE THEY DO!

We support this game JUST LIKE THEY DO!

We support all the families of the kings isle employess JUST LIKE THEY DO!

I think you get the picture.

This is absurd, and i expect kings isle to fix this.

If they dont, good bye wizard101