Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Mounts Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
As a subscriber that is already paying monthly I am absolutely disgusted at the greed of Kingsisle.
All the mounts offered, NOT ONE, NOT ONE, can be purchased with in-game money. EVERY single one wants more money in the way of purchasing crowns.
When does the greed stop? There should be at least ONE offered to subscribers to be bought with in game dollars.
I am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription, I'm so disgusted

Bourbs

Explorer
Aug 09, 2009
bourbs wrote:
As a subscriber that is already paying monthly I am absolutely disgusted at the greed of Kingsisle.
All the mounts offered, NOT ONE, NOT ONE, can be purchased with in-game money. EVERY single one wants more money in the way of purchasing crowns.
When does the greed stop? There should be at least ONE offered to subscribers to be bought with in game dollars.

Bourbs

Not sure if maybe some of the items are only available w/crown purchase but i bought a red dragon permanently for $90,000 gold this morning.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Survivor
May 03, 2009
Before you rant at KI, you should pay more attention. Mounts can be purchased with either crowns OR in game gold. There is a tab to select for the gold prices!!!!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
my understanding is that we should be able to rent mounts for 1 day or 7 days for just in-game coins, but when I checked the new shop area, I did not see one mount available for a 1 day rent.

Is there some limit of 1 day mounts available for rent?

I don't want to quit this game, as i truly enjoy it, but I am also really disgusted with the push for money from players. I bought a years' subscription when i first joined, but I'm not sure I can afford to do so again. In our current economy, why not encourage more people to subscribe by really lowering the subscription prices across the board? Right now even $60 a year is not a great buy. Love the game, but we players have bills to pay. :(

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You are wrong. All of the mounts, and even the elixirs, can be purchased with in-game gold.

If you spent half the amount of time looking at the SHOP options as you did posting this EXACT word-for-word complaint in three different topics you might have actually found this out yourself.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Hello Bourbs,

I would take another look before accusing KI. If you still haven’t figured it out, you can pay for mounts with in game money. I have been saving gold for the last 2 weeks and I purchased my permanent bangle mount last night when I got home from work. The cost of a permanent bangle cat using gold is 90000, so start saving. I purchased $75.00 in crowns to be used as a reward system for my son. He came home with straight A's and I bought him a mount, next he wants a house.One thing that I’m not pleased about is that we are not able to change the coloring of the cats or dragons as we once where on the test realm. KI will this be an option in the future?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Family Air -you're lucky you actually received your mount. I tried to purchase the Black Stallion (perm) for one wizard - all that happened was crowns were deducted. So, I logged a problem ticket and thought - maybe I'll have better luck with another wizard/mount. No dice. No lionness and again crowns deducted. Also, you cannot purchase the blue dragon permanently. Love my rental mount but expected a better delivery on the expensive permanent ones.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
The "per day" mounts can be "purchased" from Zeke in every area. Mostly brooms or go to Crown shop in top left of screen to look for specials or mounts they go for day week and permanent.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
90,000 GOLD HOLY SHINDIG! that cost more than the biggest house!
Ummm just how much is 90K in Real money? wondering.

IMO KI should make all the 'Real good crown items' avalable to ONLY
paying subscribers with the prices cut in half too.

15k 20k 60k 90k = weeks if not months worth of GRINDING!
is it really worth it?

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Ok, my bad! I did miss the crown vs gold option, so thanks for pointing that out. I'm still not seeing 1 day rentals, though. Is that coming later?

And I still think prices for items and/or memberships should be lowered.

Administrator
Like I mentioned in the other posts you made, please contact Mr Lincoln at support@wizard101.com to find out why and get this problem resolved.

Anahita wrote:
Family Air -you're lucky you actually received your mount. I tried to purchase the Black Stallion (perm) for one wizard - all that happened was crowns were deducted. So, I logged a problem ticket and thought - maybe I'll have better luck with another wizard/mount. No dice. No lionness and again crowns deducted. Also, you cannot purchase the blue dragon permanently. Love my rental mount but expected a better delivery on the expensive permanent ones.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Ok, I still think the mounts are overpriced. :(

On the plus side, they come when "you' whistle! ROFL

That's just genius!

That's one of the things I just love about the game!

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
90,000 GOLD HOLY SHINDIG! that cost more than the biggest house!
Ummm just how much is 90K in Real money? wondering.

IMO KI should make all the 'Real good crown items' avalable to ONLY
paying subscribers with the prices cut in half too.

15k 20k 60k 90k = weeks if not months worth of GRINDING!
is it really worth it?

I fully agree. Plus if you look at what you would have to spend to buy crowns to get the mounts permanent, 15,000 crowns, you would have to spend $50 to get the crowns to get the mounts. $50 for a virtual something. NOT!!! And the 90,000 gold is no where near the exchange rate for what you get when you buy gold with crowns!! That is outrageous!!! If the exchange rate is 1 crown = 1.41 gold, that means for every one crown you spend you get 1.41 in gold for that crown. That exchange rate would mean that a mount should then cost in gold, 21,150. (15,000 crowns x 1.41 exchange rate = 21,150 gold) Instead a mount costs 90,000 gold, which in other words means you are paying an exchange rate of 6!!! Six!!!! (90,000 gold divided by 15,000 crowns = 6 rate) Outrageous!!!!! It is called Highway Robbery!! What it means is you have to buy your gold with crowns. So you spend the amount of crowns for a mount to get the equivalent in gold, all you will get is 21,150 gold. So, 21,150 gold would equal 15,000 crowns if you were trying to purchase crowns with gold (if KI ever lets us start to buy crowns with gold). So where does the 90,000 come from? What they are saying is that if you then wanted to convert your gold back into crowns, the 90,000 gold you have will only give you 15,000 crowns. Another way to look at it is, say I wanted to change my gold into crowns before buying the mount so I could use crowns in the sale, using the original exchange rate of 1.41 gold to crown, before buying the mount, for that 90,000 gold I would receive 63,900 crowns. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? This is elementary math!! I have worked with exchange rates before as I was stationed in other countries while in the Air Force. It is simple math!! It comes down to the fact that they are charging 6 times the value if you try to buy in gold versus what you would pay in crowns!!

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
WizardWarrior1193 wrote:
Hello Bourbs,

I would take another look before accusing KI. If you still haven’t figured it out, you can pay for mounts with in game money. I have been saving gold for the last 2 weeks and I purchased my permanent bangle mount last night when I got home from work. The cost of a permanent bangle cat using gold is 90000, so start saving. I purchased $75.00 in crowns to be used as a reward system for my son. He came home with straight A's and I bought him a mount, next he wants a house.One thing that I’m not pleased about is that we are not able to change the coloring of the cats or dragons as we once where on the test realm. KI will this be an option in the future?

You wont be able to dye the stuff like in the test realm lol it was just a bug

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I think 60000 gold is a reasonable price for a mount. I am not sure what other people think.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
Raven, before you call people out, you should check your facts. When this was posted, the only way you could buy mounts WAS throug hcrowns. That was changed later.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
some are crowns only some are gold or crowns.

Its as simple as chking it when logged into the game...sheesh.

Btw, I have no intention of spending that kind of gold to get one.
And I own 3 houses and am barely starting on decorating.

No intention of spending that by the time i probably will quit playing.

I have no intention of creating a second wizard (current is at lvl 46) and I wont be wasting time playing the game all over again justto create other wizards.

Defender
May 30, 2009
Tulsa, you are SO missing out. I have two Grand Master wizards and I am currently working on a third. My first Grand Master has two houses so I see no need in buying houses for the other two. If I want to decorate, all I have to do is change characters and I can have all the fun I want. But in creating other characters, you gain several advantages. First one being the ability to compare spells between wizards. I play my Myth character COMPLETELY different from my Balance character and I am sure my baby Ice will be different still from those two. Second, if you ever get into PVP, this gives you the oppertunity to kinda get a leg up on your opponent. If you are familiar with several schools then you know how many pips it would take to cast which spell. So one of the battle tactics would be to react BEFORE not after. As far as spending time aquiring the amount of gold to purchase a mount, the mounts were released one week and by the end of the next week I was able to purchase a permanat mount for 75,000 gold from helping a friend level up and from farming. And no, I didn't start out with a whole lot. Frankly, I was pretty poor when it came to gold on both of my characters. If you're looking for new items to place in your house then farming would be ideal for you. Not only do you get a LOAD of stuff to sell, but you come across some rare items that probably your friends don't have in their house. This kills two birds with one stone. New stuff for your houses and items to sell for gold so you can purchase a mount. Many are complaining about the price in gold for a permanat mount but really, if you spent some time farming (and I reccommend DS for this) then it would take no time at all to gain the amount you need. Mounts are OPTIONAL and aren't necessary for regular game play. So either spend some time collecting items to sell and save up for it, purchase crowns to buy the mounts, or do without.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
i have a complaint about nathan ghostshard he owes me wings because i told him that i would give him treasure cards if he gives me wings so i gave him ten treasure cards and he took it and i told now give me wings and he just deleted me and ported away i tried to add him back but he wouldnt accept. pls wizard 101 do something about it i am very upset about it so pls do something about this situation

Administrator
raptor156 wrote:
i have a complaint about nathan ghostshard he owes me wings because i told him that i would give him treasure cards if he gives me wings so i gave him ten treasure cards and he took it and i told now give me wings and he just deleted me and ported away i tried to add him back but he wouldnt accept. pls wizard 101 do something about it i am very upset about it so pls do something about this situation

You've just learned a very valuable, if not costly, lesson, young Wizard.
The phrase Caveat Emptor is Latin for Buyer Beware. Please read Mr Lincoln's message copied below.

A Cautionary Tale
Just as we have all been instructed not to take candy from strangers, so should you know not to accept gifts from strangers. If you don't recognize the person who sent you the gift, don't accept it.

Since Gifting has come to the Spiral, I thought this might also be a good opportunity to remind our young Wizards to be wary of players promising gifts of mounts or other goodies, in exchange for your Treasure Cards.

Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
FamilyAir wrote:
bourbs wrote:

Bourbs

Not sure if maybe some of the items are only available w/crown purchase but i bought a red dragon permanently for $90,000 gold this morning.

i might be an idiot but i didnt see the option of buying mounts with gold where is that at?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Arwenia16 wrote:
i might be an idiot but i didnt see the option of buying mounts with gold where is that at?

Click on the Shop icon in the upper left of your screen, then click on the saddle icon (mounts). In the lower right you will see a tab for crowns (default) and one for gold ... click on the Gold tab and you will see the prices of the mounts for gold.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
SkyeMist wrote:
my understanding is that we should be able to rent mounts for 1 day or 7 days for just in-game coins, but when I checked the new shop area, I did not see one mount available for a 1 day rent.

Is there some limit of 1 day mounts available for rent?

I don't want to quit this game, as i truly enjoy it, but I am also really disgusted with the push for money from players. I bought a years' subscription when i first joined, but I'm not sure I can afford to do so again. In our current economy, why not encourage more people to subscribe by really lowering the subscription prices across the board? Right now even $60 a year is not a great buy. Love the game, but we players have bills to pay. :(
Well, the year subscription is better than buying 12 one month subscriptions, which 12 one month subscriptions add up to more than $60.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Honestly,
The big cats were on everyone's Christmas list until wings came out. Not everything is on sale for gold. Some is on sale for Crowns Only. The wings are probably going to be extremely expensive, but bosses will be dropping wings more and more frequently.
Be extremely careful when someone tells you they will give you wings for some treasure cards that are easy to get anyway. This person is lazy and they're only looking for some quick 'n easy treasure cards.
Personally, my top 3 favorite mounts are the Purple Glider, the Faithful Dragoness, and the Seraph Wings. I want the Seraph Wings, but I can't afford them so I'll just hope the Jade Oni has a few spares.
-Destiny DawnRiver, Level 46 Master Pyromancer