Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are subscribers penalized?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
h2ulgsyd wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Because without buying CROWNS...

Do us subscribers get free henchman? NO

Do us subscribers get free wings? NO

Do us subscribers get free mounts? NO

Do us subscribers have a shop? NO

Do us subscribers get free refils for pet energy? NO

Guess what? Crown players don't get ANY of those items for free either. It cost them real money to buy the crowns that they are spending. And without a subscription, every time they try to go into a new area, they have to pay to access it. Subscribers get full access to every area of the spiral for the life of the subscription. That is exactly what you paid for, so why are you ppl complaining about it? All the extra stuff that is Crowns ONLY is not required to purchase in order to play the game. Heck, half of the stuff has a Gold alternate purchase price. Should Crowns people be reimburse because the item could have been purchased with in-game Gold?

And there is nothing keeping most of the subscriptions from purchasing a small amount of Crowns if they adsolutely have to have a certain item.

Ahem you share my same view. THANK YOU
Nothing to say.

Hero
May 19, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
h2ulgsyd wrote:
Most of me agrees with you but i am actually completely confused by the title. Subscribers Penalized??? REALLY?! You get EXCLUSIVE access to places where most wizards cant afford to go because they dont wanna pay the fee to subscribe. One word- Greatful

Also how in the world can you say that Kingsile is greedy!!!!!!!! They made an interactive game for OUR entertaiment. Its not like every single move is for them and only them. They do a lot to keep US PLAYERS satisfied. Not every move is gonna make you happy.

So please choose your words more wisely next time.
Because without buying CROWNS...

Do us subscribers get free henchman? NO

Do us subscribers get free wings? NO

Do us subscribers get free mounts? NO

Do us subscribers have a shop? NO

Do us subscribers get free refils for pet energy? NO

Its obvious by your post you just got a sub. for the areas and PVP and buy crowns for all the luxarys cause you dont understand. :?

Exclusive? For 5$ you can unlock Wizard City for LIFE

For subscribers its like 10-60$ just to lose it all when it becomes overwelming

Also KI please dont block this you are blocking every single post I try to make. So let this message go through and I'd appriate it. 8)

Like preacher said no one gets any of those things for free. For just $10 a month you get access to every area, pvp and the ability to write on the message boards. During that one month most players can complete the game, but as for crown only players in order to unlock every area and beat the game it would cost over $60 in just unlocking the necessary areas.

On top of that what is wrong with paying a monthly subscribtion and having to pay extra for extra content. Almost everyone does it. Xbox live has it with their microsoft points. Cable has it with buying movies and ppv events?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
bourbs wrote:
As a subscriber that is already paying monthly I am absolutely disgusted at the greed of Kingsisle.
All the mounts offered, NOT ONE, NOT ONE, can be purchased with in-game money. EVERY single one wants more money in the way of purchasing crowns.
When does the greed stop? There should be at least ONE offered to subscribers to be bought with in game dollars.
I am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription, I'm so disgusted

Bourbs
uh actually you can go to prospector zeke to buy mounts with gold or as you ppl call it "in game money". you can buy as many for as long as you want but it costs ALOT OF GOLD! it costs like 2,047 gold for someting that last one day or one hour wait- now i am complainiing, but the thing is i am just a fourteen yearold girl with notin betta 2 do and i am addicted to this game. i know a lot about it but amnit a pro just so you know laterz

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
chelseadreamcatcher wrote:
bourbs wrote:
As a subscriber that is already paying monthly I am absolutely disgusted at the greed of Kingsisle.
All the mounts offered, NOT ONE, NOT ONE, can be purchased with in-game money. EVERY single one wants more money in the way of purchasing crowns.
When does the greed stop? There should be at least ONE offered to subscribers to be bought with in game dollars.
I am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription, I'm so disgusted

Bourbs
uh actually you can go to prospector zeke to buy mounts with gold or as you ppl call it "in game money". you can buy as many for as long as you want but it costs ALOT OF GOLD! it costs like 2,047 gold for someting that last one day or one hour wait- now i am complainiing, but the thing is i am just a fourteen yearold girl with notin betta 2 do and i am addicted to this game. i know a lot about it but amnit a pro just so you know laterz

Honestly! As professor Greyrose said, these things are not needed to complete the game. They only make it take less time. Sure, they are cool, and they cost a lot, but KingsIsle has to make a profit, doesn't it? Besides, they make a lot in the crowns shop purchaseable (is that a word?) with gold, and they make that higher so people want to buy crowns so that they can get it quickly. If you can't wait to beat Malistaire, then that's great, before I beat him I couldn't wait either. But you want to know why I got to him? Hard work. I didn't buy henchmen, mounts, the special gear, and barely used my gold. Really, you can get sufficient gear using only the rewards from quests and boss drops. And the areas on this game are pretty small, compared to other MMOs, or so I'm told. Really, I have the storm school house and guess what I got it with? GOLD. It is possible. Don't expect these things to be handed to you on a silver platter, you have to work for them. I am only twelve and I know that. For these people that are whining and griping about the prices, start farming bosses and doing your quests. I am about halfway to the permanent dragon mount. Seriously, if a twelve year old kid can get enough gold to buy the storm house, then you "MMO veterans" can too.

Alex Dragonbreaker
Level 49
Master
Storm
Jacob Stormhunter
Level 39
Magus
Balance
Cameron Lifespear
Level 25
Adept
Life