Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Night and Day.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
:). Wouldn't it be great if there was night and day in wizard 101, and an actual like time in the game?
What do you think?

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Delver
May 29, 2009
I think it would be neat but hardly feasible since there are many people around the world playing at one time. You have to factor in everyone's time zones if you wanted to keep it "real". If you are suggesting that the sky darken and lighten like in some video games, that may be possible. Just remember that it would not be accurate and may cause some confusion. Imagine playing until 3 in the morning and the game is bright as noon. Some people may become disoriented after awhile.

Alura Hexcaster Master Sorceress

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
SorceressMiklai wrote:
I think it would be neat but hardly feasible since there are many people around the world playing at one time. You have to factor in everyone's time zones if you wanted to keep it "real". If you are suggesting that the sky darken and lighten like in some video games, that may be possible. Just remember that it would not be accurate and may cause some confusion. Imagine playing until 3 in the morning and the game is bright as noon. Some people may become disoriented after awhile.

Alura Hexcaster Master Sorceress

I agree with you that what you are saying makes sense, but as there is server time on Wizard 101, and only one time in the game matters, I think that night and day would make perfect sense.

Although, in some worlds it could be hard to show, for example, Marleybone is always night, and making it day would take some of it's theme away. And Dragonspyre...You can't even tell if it is night OR day there, or even if there is a third option for it....

Blake Soulflame, Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
Explorer
Sep 09, 2009
I don't know about night and day, like others have said, too many concurrent time zones.

However, weather is universal and could affect players.

Say rain would weaken Fire School but boost Storm.

Hot dry weather boost Fire but Weaken Ice.

Foggy days would weaken Balance and so on.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
i think if wizard 101 had a day and night it would be really cool do you agree with me