Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Laboratory!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Professor Balestrom is busy with another one of his crazy experiments, so he has asked me to welcome you to his laboratory! Here, feel free to let loose any and all ideas on how to make the game better. Everyone's suggestions are welcome, but do keep in mind that the more information you can provide, the easier it is for us to understand what you're saying!

If you have specific bugs you wish to report, the best place to do it is right here in the Halston's Laboratory section of the Message Boards.

Questions about gameplay go in the Ravenwood Commons section.
Ideas for the game to in the Dorms section.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jul 21, 2008
heh, i agree and i noticed 1 problem to. When i was done signing up i tried to play and it worked of course the next day i got email saying i could play. Oh and 1 more thing when you get free chat it's not exactly free so i can't not say jk(just kidding) or u(you) and stuff like that. Love the game though! :-D

Survivor
Jul 27, 2008
How do I duel? I have done the Diego the Duelmaster quest but i still cnt figure out how to duel.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
Professor,Dalia Falmea i just have some unimportant questions about yourself 1.i havent played this game yet but im going to very soon and I was thinking of being a fire wizard so i was thinking are you a scrict mean on time all the time teacher or are you layed back and not give punishements on tardieness like Professer,Lydia Greyrose? though you look like a strict on time all the time teacher i was reading the faculty and it siad you liked sunrises does that mean your laid back? well like they say don't judge a book by it's cover

ps.nice hair

Survivor
Jun 06, 2008
harppo wrote:
Professor,Dalia Falmea i just have some unimportant questions about yourself 1.i havent played this game yet but im going to very soon and I was thinking of being a fire wizard so i was thinking are you a scrict mean on time all the time teacher or are you layed back and not give punishements on tardieness like Professer,Lydia Greyrose? though you look like a strict on time all the time teacher i was reading the faculty and it siad you liked sunrises does that mean your laid back? well like they say don't judge a book by it's cover

ps.nice hair
The only strict/mean teacher is Mr.Sunshine himself*cough*Professor Cyrus Drake!*cough*...

Survivor
Jun 18, 2008
game master you're right hello he tried to get me expelled!!!! :x Cyrus D. is M-E-A-N
for my vote for the meanest teacher award its ... Cyrus Drake!

P.S. Balance Roks!

Developer
Lizardchamp wrote:
How do I duel? I have done the Diego the Duelmaster quest but i still cnt figure out how to duel.

If you go into the arena, right next to Diego, and someone else is there who also wants to duel you both should walk onto the battle circle and it should begin!

Survivor
Aug 19, 2008
Survivor
Jul 27, 2008
That was because of the recent character wipe that they did to fix a bug, and they only did this because they run a very sincere, kid-friendly program, and not to mention safe.
I guess it was their way of thanking you for handling it so well and it was an apology for the sudden wipe.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2008
Pets should serve as more than eye candy. Perhaps as sort of a takeoff off the doodle from ToonTown? Having to train them as sort of party healers?

Oh, and my pet(A pixie I got from a boss fight) keeps randomly flashing pink while I walk around, and even when I stay in place.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
Survivor
Jul 27, 2008
My son had around 1500 crowns left to spend with Zeke and I was trying to help him choose what to buy. We found something for around 1200 crowns and before we could click "buy" the account showed 0 crowns left. My son is in tears because his sister had already spent most of the crowns before she realized they were for the both of them. Help Please. Can we get our crowns back? Can someone from Wizards 101 please answer soon.

Thanks

Phew, ok we logged back on later and the crowns mysteriously reappeared

Hooray!

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Okay, I haven't been playing long...but you asked!

Current tutorials are okay, they lead you through the basics. But I had a difficult time "grasping" the bigger picture. Somewhere there should be an overall "story line"??

Also, as I was finishing the tasks in Wizard City I was a little sad because I thought I was almost done. LOL I still cannot do the quests at the end. It would have been nice if I had known there was more ahead. Somewhere there should be a guide of things like what the weapons actually do...and I don't get some things about the dueling...like how to know what type spells the goons are going to use.

This is an awesome game. I have paid accounts on several disney sites but have not gone back to them once since getting to Wizard101!

I am most impressed with your consideration for the players (warning when re-booting or going down) and this site where we can actually have a little imput and knowledge from YOU about what is going on. It really does help and I hope it will stay as part of the game.

You all rock!

Survivor
Aug 19, 2008
I would serrisously like to see you link the banks to all our characters on the same account !! Two reasons(which are basically the same I guess). One I bought the limited eddition poineer dragon on a ice mage, and then realized that I would be happier playing my myth mage(at least that's how I feel atm hehe). And since I can't find a way to buy more crowns anywhere, I guess it's just not live yet, I am afraid I will not be able to use the pet I bought and that I'll not be able to buy another since it's limited. Secondly and more importantly, I believe that having linked bank accounts to all characters on the same account would add replay because having nice equipment for a new mage would be even more reason to try a different school. Thanks for making a great game that I love playing =)

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Um I think for a trial it needs a bit more... i am a lvl 10 myth school wizard. The game sorta is boring now.. since fire cat alley and cycolops lane isnt there for trial anymore.. all my questes are on those 2 lanes. it would be nice to open up a few more places.

PLEASE REPLY!

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
this post will probably be lost as i cant seem to find the new topic button but!.....

I cant seem to close out the General Akilles quest. I got pass, defeated the cyclops and friend, and got the thank youfrom the students and even the robe but the quest remains active...

Bug?

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
I have a question about time delay cards, how come I may have a sprite that will heal me 70-100pts and I go down to 0 they will not heal me, but when a monster who throws a fire elf, his elf will continue to hit me even after I vanquish him in the duel?! :(

Kane, lvl 27 Krokotopia

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Thank you Professor Balestrom for allowing me this opportunity to suggest how I think this game Wizard 101 could be made better. I would like to began by saying I really love playing this game and have found myself lost in flow for hours before realizing that half the day has passed. I am a retired grand-mother and have lots of free time on my hands so I thank you for Wizard 101, but here is where it gets boring. I am level 46 master life school wizard and I am so bored because I cannot advance any futher since I get no experience points for helping friends do instances I have already done . I understand there was an exploit in this matter so you had to take a more stricter step, but maybe you could compromise a little for honest players such as myself who desires to just continue having exciting clean fun in wizard 101. I suggest you make amends and allow us to have one third or one-fourth the experience points in already adventured instances , so it could make my help to another member much more motivated and appreciated. It would be nice since you have a system to recognize wizards that have done the instance before and remove the experience points from them, you could add to that same system a way where you give that player a cool pet, staff or equipment they could use at their level of over 45 or more so that could be a way of motivaing us to continue helping friends to do instance where they need our expertise and training to help them . The reason this is a major change that needs to be implemented is beacuse I have paid for several yearly memberships for myself, my son, his wife, my daughter, and my three grand kids. Yes, we have all become addicted to wizard 101. My daughter played wizard 101 and I sat one day and watched her play. I was drawn and tempted to try it. I did and became addicted. My son, joined after me , which led to his wife, which led to their two sons, which led to my grandaughter. We are all paid members, because we love wizard 101. I like that I can allow my grand kids to play and not worry about predators trying to get information from them to harm them. They all love playing the game and pretending to be wizards. I just want them to stay motivated when they get to the level or above where I am at the moment and then get frustrated and bored to stop playing.

I think a cool way to make the game exciting is to not have it so predictable and repeatable in tasks and quest. I have created four other characters of different schools because I can not advance my level 46 life wizard. It would be nice if when I go to firecat alley I may or may not have to go to Greta, I may have to see another staffmember , or when I go to colussus blvd, I may or may not speak to Mindy, to advance to other quests. My point is that we should have three or four different randon options depending on the school or your level , so that each time we do the same quest with a different school character , it is always new and exciting. I think the ending outcome should be different as well. There are lots of buildings and places to add new teachers and staff to make these additional random changes and endings of quest from one level to another. Random endings depending on levels and schools would create an immediate excitement for everyone because when you help a friend or another member , you never know what you may see or whom you will meet.

Another way to make the game more exciting is to add a way that a player can exchange items such as pets, equipment and clothes between only other characters on that account. That way I i can let my death school character have clothes or equipment that my life character has no use of. I understand you have to pay the bills and memberships and crowns is a way to do it at the moment; therefore you could limit what pets, equipment, or clothes that can be exchanged between one account's chracters and what cannot be exchanged.

My grand son who is five was playing wizard 101 the other day with his three year old brother. They are extremely bright kids much advanced in their studies, but my oldest grand son became frustrated while playing wizard 101. He was frustrated because his younger brother kept asking him to read to him what the staff and instructors and tips were saying. My oldest grand son said to me, " gramma , why don't they have voices say the words so I don't have to stop playing my wizard to read to (his brother's name)? He is interrupting my game gramma. " I think this was a wonderful suggestion so I pass it along to you from one of your more younger players, could you add voice to the words of the hints and quest . It would be nice if each teacher could read their words to you as well in their voices. This animation would really be a welcomed change. Since we are on the subject of sound and voice changes , it would be nice to hear the heckhound pet howl or the other pets make cool sounds. It would also be nice if we had a choice in the background music so as not to get bored with the same background music all the time. Do keep in mind I love the music you have, but additional music in the same theme and genre for that area or world would be nice.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people wantimg to be my friend and I have not had to opportunity to talk to them or get to know them. This has also caused my youngest grand son to accidently delete his cards, and his character because the friends request blocked his view and he was trying to remove it. Please add a button to turn off friend's request and if you are fighting to send a ...that person is busy at the moment notice to the sender so it does not interfere with the person's activity. It would be nice if the request was not so big and blocking the view of what you are doing. Is it possible to make it transparent or add a friend's request mailbox for members so that they can review the requester's profile and decide if they want them as a friend or not. We now have a limit to friends so it would be nice if I had a way to choose at my leisure who I want as a friend or not.

My last and most important change I think to make the game more exciting is to have mini worlds of the teachers and staff, such as I want to see where Prospector Zeke lives, or what is Professor Balestrom world like , etc, etc. Our teachers could send us on school request quests to their worlds or other teacher's world so that we could get cool pets, minions, equipment , and other cool things. I think this would make many members happy. I want to say that I love Wizard 101 and because of the endless fun I have here it has become a family group amusememt of quality time. My son who is a gamer used to have his wife complain that he played games on the computer, now she sats and plays beside him with her wizard and they are seen many times laughing when they are playing and having loads of fun, my two grand sons play together as they fight others and duel in wizard 101, my son, my daughter, my daughter-in-law and I fight together as a team in quests in wizard 101, and my grandaughter who is seventeen now has her friends playing wizard 101 with her and they are enjoying the game. Thank you King's Isle for bringing clean family fun to gaming and for bringing a game that brings quality family time back to many households . It is nice to have fun with your family and not fight or pass each other on our many outside activities. Thank you for listening to what your members have to say. This game Rocks!!

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Hello Professor Balestrom . I think the game would be much more exciting if we had a round rainbow water fountain full of mana and health wisps. There could be seating around the fountain for other wizards to relax and enjoy the wizards as they run through the fountain trying to catch the wisps. The design coold be segmented and set on a timer and the water sprouts could be different in lengths and designs. The wizards would have only seconds to catch the wisps before the water falls to the ground and disappear. The seating would be nice too, because we wizards could sit and chat with our friends instead of having to stand around. I think it would be a welcomed feature and a new hangout for us wizards.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
Rhemas wrote:
I have a question about time delay cards, how come I may have a sprite that will heal me 70-100pts and I go down to 0 they will not heal me, but when a monster who throws a fire elf, his elf will continue to hit me even after I vanquish him in the duel?! :(

Kane, lvl 27 Krokotopia
The healing over time spells don't effect a defeated person. Damage over time cards do damage even after a person or enemy is defeated. I think it's sort of strange but it's true.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Hello Professor Balestrom . I had another wonderful vision cross my mind on how to make the game Wizard 101 better. It would be very nice if we could purchase some of the special cards, amenities, spells, and amulets that comes with our secondary school, besides just getting the usual spells that comes with use of our extra experience school points. We could purchase this second school access of amenities with crowns. You could limit the second school's minions, special spells that makes that school stand out, such as, the unicorn in Life school, the life revival sacrifice spell in Death school, the ice absorbant shield in Ice school, etc, etc, etc. You get the picture. Those spells could remain unaccessible to only students with that school as their primary school .

You could have a program that ask a student if they would like to purchase the special spells and amulets of their chosen seconday school for crowns , when they select another school for their primary student. I do think that the members would love to have this added benefit because there have been many times I wished I had the many shields and blades that are only available to balance students,or the unicorn only available to Life students , given as an example of what I am talking about. It would be nice if while asking if they would like to purchase this for their secondary school, a menu pops up with what wonderful benefits and spells they will be receiving exclusive to the primary students of that school. I do think the minions and other exceptional perks should not be included in order that the integrity and pride of those schools remain sacred to the students that chose that school as their primary school. Thank you again KingsIsle for listening to the ideas of your members, This game Rocks !

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Hello KingsIsle I just thought about another way to make the game better. It would be nice to have a color coded friend's list so we could identify who are on our list, since we have a max of 100 people. It would be nice if we could have buttons in the friend list menu where we could place close family and really good friends'names in green color, regular friends name in blue color and fight friends name in the red color. This would make it easier to group and indentify friends on your friends list, if you want to find a friend on your list to help you in a battle . I have friends on my list that I have no idea who they are and only contact friends I fight regularly with. I am certain other members would like this option , as long as it is place inside the friends drop down menu and does not hinder or distract their gameplay view.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2008
I think it would be neat if we utilized the mailboxes and post office in Marely bone to leave messages for friends when they are not online. We could go to any mail box to "compose" and send a message, then when a player signs on they can go to the post office to pick up messages that were left for them.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2008
I would be neat to have transporting tokens, say two or three per character, that you could drop in areas of your choice. Later as you are playing you could then port back to where you left your token.