Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game crash

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
I have a character from a year ago that I hadn't played until today. I spent money to become a subscriber so I could start on the quests that follow the free trial. Logged in and had a bit of a problem with lag in the main area. I assume it was do to the amount of players, which isn't a big deal.

I made my way to the Ravenwood portal and entered it. During the loading, the game crashed.

So I reopened the client, logged back on my character. Loading screen comes up, then the game crashed again.

Thinking it was just my character, I made a new one. Logged on this new character and wanted to check if it was just that one area that crashed the game or if it happened every time it loaded a new zone. So I started the first quest and was sent to talk to the guard. Talked to the guard and entered the first zone. Everything was fine.

Talked to the second guard to complete the quest and received the next quest to kill the ghouls.

Killed three ghouls. No problems. Went back to the guard to finish the quest and picked up three new ones. Decided everything is this zone wasn't going to crash the game so I walked back to the main area and headed towards Ravenwood to pick up new spell cards.

Got to the Ravenwood area and walked in.

Game crashed. Tried to log back on that character and the game crashes during loading.

Anyone have ANY idea why this is happening?

I'm beginning to think my video card isn't up to par for the graphics requirements, but everything else in the game runs fine. Spells usually don't show the first time they are used, because of the graphic details being downloaded that initial time, I suppose, but after that they show very nicely.

So why does that one area crash the game?

Explorer
Oct 16, 2008
I think you have a corrupt install. I have a bad integrated graphics chip and only a 1.8ghz CPU on Vista, so it's likely not that. Maybe your RAM, but from the sounds of it, it's a bad install or at least a bad WAD file.

Administrator
Hello Young Wizard!

This does sound like quite the problem. Have you played the game on the computer recently with another character? Or was this the first time you had logged in for a year?

I would suggest reinstalling the game first to see if that helps the issue. If you haven't played in a year, there is a chance some of the files you have on your computer from those old updates are outdated. Try reinstalling and see if that works. If not, go ahead and send me a message from the Support section on the website, or by emailing me directly at support@wizard101.com.

Good Luck!