Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seriously, what's the point?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
OK, I'm going through the crafting quests and get to the one with Diamonds. As hard as scrap metal was, diamonds are ridiculous. Then Black Pearls and Blood Moss? Seriously? Why?

What, realistically does crafting give you to go through this much hassle? Farming reagents is not fun. It gives you no benefits. My character is a grand master, so why would I ever want to complete it? I can't get any XP from it. I have no incentive to play this area of the game.

Granted, the ability to make some of these treasure cards might benefit some of my other characters, but not enough to spend hours upon hours farming for ingredients that have a uber rare drop rate, and are no fun to collect.

Why did KI take a fun game, and put this "oh not fun" component in it? What can I get from crafting that I can't get any way else?

If KI would adjust either the drop rates or amounts required, I would consider continuing this quest. There is absolutely no reason for this. There is nothing available via crafting that I can't get some other way that is much more entertaining.

KI, keep the game fun. Remember, that's why we play it. You need to seriously look at your higher level crafting quests.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
I have to agree.. at least if your going to craft something as a granmaster, then by all means make fabulous gear to match the level.

Now on the test realm, it only calls for two items per craft quest, but did they make finding the reageants easier?? I'm not sure yet.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
2 items I per quest I could deal with. If the crafted items were worth it. If I have to spend hours finding regents to finish the quest for an item that is useless to me, forget it.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
WillowDawn wrote:
Now on the test realm, it only calls for two items per craft quest, but did they make finding the reageants easier?? I'm not sure yet.

They are putting Transmute Recipes

15 Ore=1 Diamond

Life will be so easy now

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
jaxom101 wrote:

15 Ore=1 Diamond

Life will be so easy now

That would be a very cool edition, and worth it. Any idea on when though?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
havok3114 wrote:
jaxom101 wrote:

15 Ore=1 Diamond

Life will be so easy now

That would be a very cool edition, and worth it. Any idea on when though?

Its on the Test now. I logged on and checked it out and they have one for every Hard Item there is. So when the patch goes live it should be in. That Means even Stone Block will be worth selling because its used in several Items. They also Uped the amount you can have. 999 of each item and no total limit.