Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting sucked into fights!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I have been in marleybone for about three days and I have been pulled into sooo many battles it's making this game annoying. I love this game and all but this is a little insane, anyone agree?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
other than the 3 on 1 parts, I have actually started to enjoy Marleybone.

The trick to the rooftops is to stay in the center, watch the pattern of the monsters and DO NOT BE IMPATIENT!

Even the running golems can be avoided if you go behind them. Don't get too close, because they will do a quick turn-around for a step or two before resuming their march.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I agree! I once had a Freerealms acount and you didnt get sucked into battles there. But the game its self was bad. Anyway yet it would make the game WAY TO EASY so it would make the game less fun so i'm for getting sucked in sordove

Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
What about when you start a 3 on 1 battle and a friend pops-in to say "Hi", then takes off after you get a 4th...

Every now and then it seems like targets have shifted off their path. Like it's more fun if the game picks your fights (as well as how they end), We also pay extra for a faster internet connection.

All I can say is after MooShu the blue wisps are set-up a little more realistic (right in a line for you). When you feel like the game is being too un-fair (fizzle after fizzle), just flee and start over.

It makes me crazy thinking about all that running after blue wisps times a few 1000... on top of every player generating a deck to play battle after battle.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
MB drove me nuts the first time I went to the roofs. Then, whilst I was slowly following some rat to stay on his blind side, I saw another Wizard rip right through the center at full tilt. Once you figure out that the center of the rooftops is (relatively) safe, and make sure to stay on the enemies blind side, MB is much more tolerable.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I understand your frustrations and I felt that way too when I first got there, but it really isn't that bad once you learn the patterns. Pay close attention on how the creatures or whatever they are call move. Run down the middle. For the clockworks, run only behind them. They can run as fast as you. If there are fights going on, stay to the far side of them as possible. If you notice there are little ramps and stacks of logs. Those are safe places you can stop to check your map, bag or watch a match. You can stand behind the logs or on the ramps.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
The worst thing with the clockworks is getting to safety after you win a fight, before getting sucked into another fight. A lot of times when a battle ends, before I can get my bearings and run to a safe spot I get pulled immediately into another fight. After four or five of these in a row I'm usually almost dead (and it's 45 minutes later).

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
ugh i hate that. Thats why i never did kesington park. ( in digmoore station, next to the ironworks) I went in there once, got sucked into a battle and left, thats to hard! thank god its not required to get to mooshu :)

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Well, use that brain that evolution has given us. Look at how the enemies move and plan your movement accordingly. I actually missed being in Marleybone for this exact reason.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
crisfir wrote:
The worst thing with the clockworks is getting to safety after you win a fight, before getting sucked into another fight. A lot of times when a battle ends, before I can get my bearings and run to a safe spot I get pulled immediately into another fight. After four or five of these in a row I'm usually almost dead (and it's 45 minutes later).

When that happens, hit your esc key. Wait a few seconds and than go back on. it will give you a couple of seconds to get out of range. Also, don't collect your rewards. go straight to a safe spot and than collect them. while you are fighting, plan an escape route.