Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu Chat Improvement

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Being a menu chat player, i have some disadvantages when it comes to communication. I would really like to see some improvement in the menu chat system. It is very good right now as it is, but i always see problems when i am trying to communicate with other players. It would help a lot if they could understand what i am trying super hard to say.........and not think i am crazy person. lol. Anyway, these are some ideas for menu chat that i think would help me, as well as others:

FOR REGUALR MENU CHAT:
"Flee the duel." (this one would be helpful for dungeons. they go into battle, you walk around it, and then they can teleport to you. it saves you battling. it has been hard telling people to flee like this. they think i am crazy)
"Let's go to your house."
"That is a quest you have to solo."
"Please stop teleporting to me."
"That might take too long."
"That quest is too hard."
"It won't let me teleport to you."
"Get more mana."

FOR BATTLE MENU CHAT:
"FLEE!"
"I have to flee."
"Don't flee."
"Don't use up my traps."
"Don't use that spell."
"Don't heal me."
"Pass."
"I can heal you."

Please think about adding these to menu chat, kingsisle! It would really help me out of struggling to get someone to know what i am saying.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster sorcerer

P.S If anybody else has more ideas that you would find helpful, please post them on this post. :D

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
I'm not limited to menu chat, except when I'm in a group with menu chat players. These are all good suggestions. I would add:

* I don't have that spell in my deck [Battle chat]
* I don't have any [attacks | heals | buffs ] right now. [Battle Chat]

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Defender
May 31, 2009
i think there should be a shop where you could buy phrases for 100 gole each. you could buy phrases like, lets say, a phrase like Go ahead, make my day! or Grrrr! or like a song. they should make wizard101 like club penguin storm.

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
also you need to add in not the spell type to attack but you need to specify

dagger key gem spiral

don't attack the dagger.

don't attack the key

don't attack the gem

don't attack the spiral..

kill the dagger

kill the key

use your wand.

just a few more ideas

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
well if you have a subscription of membership you can switch from menu chat to text chat i did it here is the instructions;

log in at www.wizard101.com and then click on my accounts then look for text chat enable then enable it it will not work until you log out COMPLETELY

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
I know about "I can't", but it would nice to be able to give them heads up: "I have no heals" or "I have no attacks", even if they aren't specifically asking for one this instant.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:
well if you have a subscription of membership you can switch from menu chat to text chat i did it here is the instructions;

log in at www.wizard101.com and then click on my accounts then look for text chat enable then enable it it will not work until you log out COMPLETELY

Yea, but see i am NOT ALLOWED to have text chat. My parents won't let me. So i dont really have a choice. But i think improving menu chat would be better for everyone.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Fizzywhiskers wrote:
I know about "I can't", but it would nice to be able to give them heads up: "I have no heals" or "I have no attacks", even if they aren't specifically asking for one this instant.

Oh yea! I forgot about that. it is soooo annoying when i am dueling and someone needs healing but i dont have a healing spell yet! i say "one minute, i'm busy fighting." and they usually say: "no." "i need healing."
If i said "i cant", they would think i cant heal and flee the duel! I CAN HEAL YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:

Sure, but if you are in a group with someone using menu chat, you still need to use menu chat to communicate with them.