Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Warlord Arena Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
I have been hearing so many things about new arena gear coming out. The commander arena gear is the best arena gear right now, and i have heard from several people in game, that there is soon to be some warlord arena gear. I would like to know if this is true or if it is just a troubled rumor right now. KI, please inform us if this is a bad rumor or not. THANKS.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Oh great the level 5 wild bolt treasure card users will be getting even better armor soon.

OH JOY!

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Yeah, can an administrator get back to us on this? I know for a fact if new gear comes out and it being warlord gear; resistance will be higher than 50%, and a regular attack with no buffs or traps will do less than 300 damage, that's a bit sad..

If you designers were ever to think about new gear, can't you just make new commander gear? Better looking commander gear, different looking, just more designs for it so everyone doesn't look the same? I think that's a much better idea than coming out with new gear that will raise resistance beyond 50%, which will be EXTREMELY hard to deal with.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
hiway1999 wrote:
Oh great the level 5 wild bolt treasure card users will be getting even better armor soon.

OH JOY!

Lol ... that's kinda funny and gloomy ... in the way you said that.

I assume that you encountered a lvl 5 Commander before.

Speaking of low level PvP characters, i had just created one last weekend ... because i'm fairly "new" to dueling ... and i wanted to see how long it might take me to obtain the rank of "Commander".

At first, i didn't know what a wild bolt was ... until i got hit by a few ... but later, i just decided to "fight fire with fire" by getting a few of those wild bolts myself.

I didn't have many though ... so i used them spare'ing'ly (heh, did i spell that right?) ... but anyways, my point is that i worked hard battle'ing my way to the rank of Commander.

And it was not easy ... as i progressed in rank, the game often matched (paired) me up with opponents as high as level 36 ... and on the day when i FINALLY managed to save up 1000 tickets, and after i bought a "Coat of Invincibility" and wore it into the Arena ... i was facing my highest level opponent to date ... a level 48 necromancer.

So ... if the creators of Wizard101 are developing better armor ... i will certainly say "OH JOY" ... because, if i have to face extremely high level opponents like that, i'm definitely gonna need some better armor.

i just hope there will not be any limitations or restrictions on anyone being able to wear it ... in regards to their combat level ... because even though i'm a lvl 8 noob ... i worked hard, and fought many battles to get where i am right now.

And i look forward to becoming a "Warlord", and getting even better armor soon. :-)

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
well if they are making Warlord Arena Gear does that give people with commander gear to refund there suit to get the warlord gear?

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Dragocus wrote:
hiway1999 wrote:

OH JOY!

Speaking of low level PvP characters, i had just created one last weekend ... because i'm fairly "new" to dueling ... and i wanted to see how long it might take me to obtain the rank of "Commander".

At first, i didn't know what a wild bolt was ... until i got hit by a few ... but later, i just decided to "fight fire with fire" by getting a few of those wild bolts myself.

I didn't have many though ... so i used them spare'ing'ly (heh, did i spell that right?) ... but anyways, my point is that i worked hard battle'ing my way to the rank of Commander.

And it was not easy ... as i progressed in rank, the game often matched (paired) me up with opponents as high as level 36 ... and on the day when i FINALLY managed to save up 1000 tickets, and after i bought a "Coat of Invincibility" and wore it into the Arena ... i was facing my highest level opponent to date ... a level 48 necromancer.

So ... if the creators of Wizard101 are developing better armor ... i will certainly say "OH JOY" ... because, if i have to face extremely high level opponents like that, i'm definitely gonna need some better armor.

i just hope there will not be any limitations or restrictions on anyone being able to wear it ... in regards to their combat level ... because even though i'm a lvl 8 noob ... i worked hard, and fought many battles to get where i am right now.

And i look forward to becoming a "Warlord", and getting even better armor soon. :-)

The point is there should be NO WAY a level 5 or your level 8 have a remote chance vs. the levels you are describing. THAT'S THE POINT.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
lol i think you guys are exaggerating a bit grandmasters only arena gear that's not fair to lower levels who worked hard (and probably bolted hard) to get the tickets they did if they saved any at all. but new arena gear would be nice level ten at least.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
SpookyWizz wrote:
I have been hearing so many things about new arena gear coming out. The commander arena gear is the best arena gear right now, and i have heard from several people in game, that there is soon to be some warlord arena gear. I would like to know if this is true or if it is just a troubled rumor right now. KI, please inform us if this is a bad rumor or not. THANKS.

you know whats not fair in the arena, so many people are adepts who has beaten grands. guess what school they are. balance! all they use is judgement. i think it is not fair that all the other schools dont get spells like that.

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
masterwiz.. your wrong.. judgement has many possibilities to be stopped. for one you can be casting attacks to lower the health while making a judge player having to heal.. then you could be just shielding against a judge aka tower shield, steal a wand (tower shields), weakness, absorb, ice armor,

i think bolt to prevent in fact is particular hard if you don't have your shields against storm up.. my only detest is a prism for wild bolt which is in fact lame.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
i agree and other schools do get spells like judgement except ice, life, myth, and death but and you can get the spells you have higher than judgement with a few traps and blades. besides storm has tempest and fire has heckhound the X rank the same as judgement so STOP TALKING ABOUT JUDGEMENT BEING POWERFUL in fact it's max is 8100 and others are 100,000 or more?

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
hiway1999 wrote:

OH JOY!

Yes and not only that, when the system is reset tonight, by the time this is posted it will be done, then all the warlords and overlords who had all the gear before will be back in the arena with all the gear on again because KI thinks once you win the gear it does not matter what your rank is there after you can still wear it. I find that disturbing but then I am military too. If you lost your rank in the military, then you lost all rights that went with that rank, outfits as well.

So to all the WildBolt Wonders and Treasure Card Commanders, live it up lol. You couldn't make it on your own anyway. You lack not only the wisdom of time but the advanced knowledge of your own schools, much less the ability to use that knowledge. Anyone can be where you are. Is that dueling? No its not. Dueling, as it was designed, is a chance to base schools against schools and compete for the sake of competition. What you have done is made a mockery of what it once meant to be a high ranked duelist. So do I laugh hysterically when I see a level 5 or 8 in Commander gear? Absolutely. It to me is funny as all get out that they are allowed to parade around with gear they not only did not earn but, was ,because of a glitch in the system, that KI refuses to address, are allowed to keep wearing it. So if you face me in the arena, while you are bolting like crazy, I am laughing so hard that I can't see straight.

James DreamRider

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
wow that was deep and btw i killed one of those people yea gave them a few bolts myself WHAT NOW!!!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009

Hi KI,

As what SpookyWizz said, is the rumor true that you guys might be making a Warlord Gear?

So if making a Warlord Gear is one of your to do list in the future, then can I suggest to have a helmet for this Warlord Gear just like those "Trojans" wear or those "Spartans" wear with the "Spiky thing" in the middle?! :-)

Thanks much!!!

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
qXiLL wrote:
Yeah, can an administrator get back to us on this? I know for a fact if new gear comes out and it being warlord gear; resistance will be higher than 50%, and a regular attack with no buffs or traps will do less than 300 damage, that's a bit sad..

If you designers were ever to think about new gear, can't you just make new commander gear? Better looking commander gear, different looking, just more designs for it so everyone doesn't look the same? I think that's a much better idea than coming out with new gear that will raise resistance beyond 50%, which will be EXTREMELY hard to deal with.

I agree, i have the commander gear in arena and even with my attack boost its stall hard to hit thorough the armor. So i think maybe change the style, or something like that. Good i dea :-)

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
Dragocus wrote:
hiway1999 wrote:

OH JOY!

Now if you were a level 50 grand death and you can't rank up for nothing would you be mad when you saw a level 9 life with the arena gear?

Explorer
May 04, 2009
if you want some gear that looks WAY better than regular warlord, i suggest the guardian outfit fer 7000 crowns 8) hope dis helps

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
masterwiz8 wrote:
SpookyWizz wrote:

you know whats not fair in the arena, so many people are adepts who has beaten grands. guess what school they are. balance! all they use is judgement. i think it is not fair that all the other schools dont get spells like that.

you just have to learn to how to block against balance, but that is where all the towering comes in, also absorbs. also fire and storm has spells like that, but it is damage dealt over 3 rounds, and you have to learn to use em wisely. for example:
Heckhound deals 120 dmg per pip over 3 rounds. 14 pips in fires case with full power pips thats alone 1680 with no added fire damage and no resistance. with blades and wyldefire in play that is over 2000+ close to 3000. same this with storm and there pet, the lil storm version of heckhound.
like i said, its just how you use these cards and how to block against balance

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
chrisbradley wrote:
if you want some gear that looks WAY better than regular warlord, i suggest the guardian outfit fer 7000 crowns 8) hope dis helps

yeah the guardian outfit's color is nice, more rich in color than any other outfit, but the cape is too short, kinda the only downfall to it. same for the wings. although as mentioned earlier, if any new arena gear it should be new looks for commander gear, even though these outfits can be stitched to any outfit you want. wings that dont look girly should be a new look. maybe like dragon or death wings for the guys. and for the helm, maybe something with more detail to it than it already has.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
dood123456 wrote:
Dragocus wrote:
hiway1999 wrote:

OH JOY!

Now if you were a level 50 grand death and you can't rank up for nothing would you be mad when you saw a level 9 life with the arena gear?

yes i would be mad. ive seen it before, and then i challenge the life wizard, and own them one hit I:
then there like
"well i just let you win"
but i see people with the heartsteel, and the defender pig. (11 resist to all schools combined) and then all the commander gear (they have a total of 45 or 46 resist with combined with heartsteel and defender pig)
and then with warlord gear, they would have 60 resist to all schools. now who would like that?

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Ok, all this talk about arena gear, can we please get options in girls arena gear. The girls dresses and wings great for the young ones, but options PLEASE! I have no motivation to work that hard for arena gear to have to stitch into gear anyone can get. DS girl bosses gear ROCKS, couldnt be that hard to offer since they are already in it.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
yea the ladies in ds are more mature than my wizard though I am not sure their gear would look good my wizards. But I love the idea!

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
Well... about judgement

I personally love judgement.
BUT WAKE UP PEOPLE! there are LOTS of ways to block judgement .
I have a balance warlord and i mostly only lose to people that tower and break my shields.
SO OK if you have over time damage spells is a good way to get shields off and not use so much pips. 8) thats a good way to beat balance so stop thinking judgement beats all.