Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Family of Accounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
I have 3 accounts in my "family of accounts" - mine and my two teenagers. I have a couple of questions.

1) If I decide to purchase the yearly subscription for one or more of the accounts, will the $60 discounted rate (rate valid until Sept 7th) be honored even if the current subscription isn't up for renewal until Sept 19th (or later)?

2) If we decide to just buy gift cards to extend each account, will the credit for the value of the card be for 30 days (normal for a $9.95 subscription) or will it be for greater than 30 days since the subscription rate for family accounts is $6.95?

TIA, I'm just trying to determine what will be the least expensive way for my family to play this game (beyond the trial version).

Administrator
Hello!

1. Yep, that's EXACTLY how it works! (works in reverse too, should you ever decide to 'quit school' - we highly discourage that!).

2. Nope, gift cards care nothing about family rates. A monthly gift card is a monthly gift card is a monthly gift card. So, either you can use a "regular" credit card and purchase the monthly family plan for $6.95 or use a $10 gift card for a month's worth of access.

To your end goal: Might we suggest just purchasing (3) 1 year $60 plans (works to be $5 per month per player that way - by far the least expensive option).

3. You can't combine gift cards for extended time (i.e. (3) $20 gift cards does NOT equal the $60 1 year special).

Please do let me know if you have further questions!

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009