Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
me and a couple of my friends were doing a dungunen (sorry i don't no how to spell it)frostholme. when we were fighting the 2nd to last boss and it used the connection spell :?. I thought only non-NPC fire wizards could use that spell . if this is a glithch please fix it.

Defender
May 29, 2009

hmm, i'm a fire wizard, but what exactly is the "connection" spell? can you describe what it does?

coolmad11 wrote:
me and a couple of my friends were doing a dungunen (sorry i don't no how to spell it)frostholme. when we were fighting the 2nd to last boss and it used the connection spell :?. I thought only non-NPC fire wizards could use that spell . if this is a glithch please fix it.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
coolmad11 wrote:

You want to talk unfair? How about this one. My friend and were working the same quest, in Kroktopia everything went find till we got to the instance, you know the upstairs, gotta kill the keeper of the fang, but do three others before you can get to her?Vault of Ice. well everything was going along find, we defeated all including the keeper of the fang, only HE got credit and I didn't. Now tell me HOW that is fair. When I asked KI what is going on they never answered. Now I have a wizard that will never be finished. Why should I have to kill all those again because the software decides who gets credit and who doesn't.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
coolmad11 wrote:

I assume that you mean the Link spell here. Why would you be under tha impression that only non-NPCs could use it?

AFAIK certain monsters can use certain spells without regard to whether they are "school only" or "trainable" for PC wizards.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
coolmad11 wrote:

You want to talk unfair? How about this one. My friend and were working the same quest, in Kroktopia everything went find till we got to the instance, you know the upstairs, gotta kill the keeper of the fang, but do three others before you can get to her?Vault of Ice. well everything was going along find, we defeated all including the keeper of the fang, only HE got credit and I didn't. Now tell me HOW that is fair. When I asked KI what is going on they never answered. Now I have a wizard that will never be finished. Why should I have to kill all those again because the software decides who gets credit and who doesn't.

are you even sure you had the quest for it, and not just tagging along to your friends quest. Just because you have the quest after you enter the dungeon does not mean you have it for the main story line.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Whiterose2 wrote:
coolmad11 wrote:

NO it is NOT FAIR! at all but it seems to be just one more IMO, of KI's
little tweaks to make the game longer and at the same time forcing
nore or less wizards into a group situation again.
grizzlehiem is noctorious for this type of Boss fight, one example of this
is (sorry forgot the names as you did lol) you have to fight and defeat the two guards on each side and each is a instance. There is a level you must pull
to get the other guard's door to light up so you can go in. OK I was getting help and 2 of my friends ported in to help, unknowing to them after the fight one of them pulled the lever! so ONLY he got the other guard's door to light up. SO WE ALL had to fight and defeat the one guard and minions 3 TIMES!!! cause we all needed it I later found out Grrrr. one big pain in the neck and NOT fun at all, if you ask me. for I play mostly SOLO!
which is getting harder and harder to do.

Its strange that KI would make the game so you have to group together
BUT not have any game machanic of helping wizards Group or partnering with someone, getting help with your quests. I play at od times of the day and night so not many are on when I'm, makes it that much harder.

Also the other trick is (although I have seen improvment with this is some areas not all) your a quest you have to get 6 scrolls or 5 rubies or what ever. You then proceed to kill mobs until you get the quest amount
or you have to kill a certain number of a mob. Well you are there for an hour which turns into 3 and 5 and 8 and.... you see where I'm going with this.
Its like you have to kill 50 just to get 8. or sure seems like it.

Yes its a pain but remember its only a game and if game where easy
nobody would play. (it is a bit much though 'the GRINING' part)
starting to turn into any other MMOPG type game in this aspcet anyway.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009

are you even sure you had the quest for it, and not just tagging along to your friends quest. Just because you have the quest after you enter the dungeon does not mean you have it for the main story line.

This WAS my forth, 4th, wizard. Do you think I don't know when I have a quest? The card remained even after I talked to the guy before exit. This is a KNOWN problem they can't figure out how to fix. and here I thought the killing stuff for 1 of something that will tell you you failed for the first 12 was crazy. I really don't like being referred to as a noob, I an FAR from a noob with 2 grandmasters in my account.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:

This WAS my forth, 4th, wizard. Do you think I don't know when I have a quest? The card remained even after I talked to the guy before exit. This is a KNOWN problem they can't figure out how to fix. and here I thought the killing stuff for 1 of something that will tell you you failed for the first 12 was crazy. I really don't like being referred to as a noob, I an FAR from a noob with 2 grandmasters in my account.

If this was your fourth wizard then you must have done the dungeon before.
Another time won't kill you.
If you decide to make a new wizard you'll have to do it again anyway

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
Whiterose2 wrote:
coolmad11 wrote:

NO it is NOT FAIR! at all but it seems to be just one more IMO, of KI's
little tweaks to make the game longer and at the same time forcing
nore or less wizards into a group situation again.
grizzlehiem is noctorious for this type of Boss fight, one example of this
is (sorry forgot the names as you did lol) you have to fight and defeat the two guards on each side and each is a instance. There is a level you must pull
to get the other guard's door to light up so you can go in. OK I was getting help and 2 of my friends ported in to help, unknowing to them after the fight one of them pulled the lever! so ONLY he got the other guard's door to light up. SO WE ALL had to fight and defeat the one guard and minions 3 TIMES!!! cause we all needed it I later found out Grrrr. one big pain in the neck and NOT fun at all, if you ask me. for I play mostly SOLO!
which is getting harder and harder to do.

Its strange that KI would make the game so you have to group together
BUT not have any game machanic of helping wizards Group or partnering with someone, getting help with your quests. I play at od times of the day and night so not many are on when I'm, makes it that much harder.

Also the other trick is (although I have seen improvment with this is some areas not all) your a quest you have to get 6 scrolls or 5 rubies or what ever. You then proceed to kill mobs until you get the quest amount
or you have to kill a certain number of a mob. Well you are there for an hour which turns into 3 and 5 and 8 and.... you see where I'm going with this.
Its like you have to kill 50 just to get 8. or sure seems like it.

Yes its a pain but remember its only a game and if game where easy
nobody would play. (it is a bit much though 'the GRINING' part)
starting to turn into any other MMOPG type game in this aspcet anyway.

My GF and I did the same thing. I was about to leave and fight the Guardian again, but I stayed in the room while she left. Luckily, after a few moments, the lever flipped and I was able to switch it. Sorry I couldn't give you that info beforehand. :?

Defender
May 29, 2009

well, it's not really a question of fair or unfair. Unfair would mean KI would intentionally make people complete quests and not give credit for it. That's not the case. KI does not intend for this to happen so it's a bug.

It's unfortunate it happened to you. Your only real option is to do that quest again.