Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mac??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
I just bought a mac to switch over from my very slow, annoying PC. Is there any intent on making the game OS X compatible?

Explorer
May 22, 2008
From what I've heard, no. Your best option is to run boot camp/parallel and start up with windows.

Administrator
Quantize is correct. As of right now Wizard101 is not supported on a Mac computer, the best option is to run Wizard from a Mac that can duel boot the Windows operating system.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2008
I don't think it can. Not a lot of games are compatible with Mac. I wish Wizard101 could because my mom has one and I have a better chance getting on the Mac than my dads PC. Sorry Bud!

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
Bummer. I was really hoping that the game would be Apple-friendly in the near future. Thanks for the advice, though!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
Survivor
Jul 05, 2008
i was wondering about this too! i'm fed up with my laptops and pcs always dying when i pay so much money for them so i was thinking of trying out a mac. i noticed they pretty much start out at 300gb hard drives and go up to 500 or so. how does installing windows on a mac work exactly? can i choose between the osx or windows when i turn it on? please explain

Survivor
Aug 02, 2008
Survivor
Aug 28, 2008
Well, you can begin to get running with CrossOver (http://www.codeweavers.com).

It is not fully functional, but the game runs (you may need to use the tips & tricks section http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name?app_id=4685).

Can't guarantee it will work, but it is a start.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
I hope you people know you can't run Windows on a Mac unless it's an Intel CPU.

And if you don't want to dual boot (partitioning and rebooting each time you want to use it) or pay any money for a program, look into VirtualBox. It's what I use. I run OS/X10.5.4, XP, and Ubuntu on my Mac (you can do them all at the same time if you have enough memory). It supports 'seamless mode' so you can have just a windows menu bar on you desktop and run anything and everything. There's just one draw back. The current version isn't as complete as the previous and it's a little tricky to get this game (specifically) to run due to unimplemented 3D acceleration drivers.

I tried to ask the folks here at wizard 101 to look into recompiling the Direct3D drivers, but i haven't heard a thing on it.