Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No crying allowed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I am getting real sick and tired of listening to all the players complain about people in pvp "cheating" because they use treasure cards. Here's the deal folks, if I have the ability to buy treasure cards either through earning the gold by doing quests or farming or maybe I buy crowns and use those to buy booster packs then I have the right to use whatever treasure cards I feel like in battle. There are alot of of people who say aww this isnt fair *sniff sniff* I was beat by a low lvl noob who used a treasure card. What isnt fair is that my lvl 31 Death who is now a commander has to fight against lvl 48 and lvl 50 players. If I am going to be matched up against players who's decks are 3 times my size, who have much more resistance and attack, as well as health not to mention their spells are much bigger than mine, then you bet ya I am going to use whatever means I need to too win. If your a player who finds them self's losing to players like me and you are a high lvl wizard then here's a suggestion.

LEARN TO USE YOUR HIGH LVL SPELLS BETTER!
LEARN TO STACK YOUR BLADES AND TRAPS BETTER!
AND MOST OF ALL ... STOP WHINING BECAUSE YOU LOSE!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
scuzbutt wrote:
I am getting real sick and tired of listening to all the players complain about people in pvp "cheating" because they use treasure cards. Here's the deal folks, if I have the ability to buy treasure cards either through earning the gold by doing quests or farming or maybe I buy crowns and use those to buy booster packs then I have the right to use whatever treasure cards I feel like in battle. There are alot of of people who say aww this isnt fair *sniff sniff* I was beat by a low lvl noob who used a treasure card. What isnt fair is that my lvl 31 Death who is now a commander has to fight against lvl 48 and lvl 50 players. If I am going to be matched up against players who's decks are 3 times my size, who have much more resistance and attack, as well as health not to mention their spells are much bigger than mine, then you bet ya I am going to use whatever means I need to too win. If your a player who finds them self's losing to players like me and you are a high lvl wizard then here's a suggestion.

LEARN TO USE YOUR HIGH LVL SPELLS BETTER!
LEARN TO STACK YOUR BLADES AND TRAPS BETTER!
AND MOST OF ALL ... STOP WHINING BECAUSE YOU LOSE!

Good point and direct. Just what some of them probably need to hear. Although there is still a few issues to be ironed out with Side-Board Treasure cards and how the system currently works. It is one thing to have them available for everyone to use which is fair; and quite another to require them in order to compete like in the first post's example.

Something needs to change is really all I am getting at. What that will be is up to KI and how they see the future of their game.

Hero
May 19, 2009
true, if theres a grandmaster who is losing to a low level character who uses the same high rank spells as him/her, they should not be in the arena. if they cant even beat these low levels, they must also lose to players the same level as them 100% of the time.

so for everyone who loses to someone half their level, because they got beat by treasure cards, the only person to blame is yourself. maybe you shouldnt be such a horrible duelest, then maybe you would win every once in a while

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
I can make you cry. Try playing a storm wizard in pvp. Low health, low hit percentage, low defenses, low utility. Well I think you get the picture. Oh and face off vs. balance "JUDGEMENT" casters (the sheer talent in using that is beyond explaining...).

So far this game is pretty much set up to allow certain class combos to do consistently well in pvp. If you can't handle you battle saying a few words in a kid game, then I am afraid you have other issues that need to be worked on.

Click name, click ignore. I know that is difficult for someone able to use treasure cards...

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
hiway1999 wrote:
I can make you cry. Try playing a storm wizard in pvp. Low health, low hit percentage, low defenses, low utility. Well I think you get the picture. Oh and face off vs. balance "JUDGEMENT" casters (the sheer talent in using that is beyond explaining...).

Tower shields and absorb shields make balance wizards cry (both of which can be bought as treasure cards! Convenient, huh?). Wildbolt works wonders, if Lady Luck has a thing going with you.

My only gripe is that they shouldn't allow school specific spells to made into treasure cards. Otherwise, if you can't take the damage, stay out of the arena.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
I sorta agree and i sorta dont because some people have feint treasure and stack it wih other powerful treasure to make one big combo is see like 4 or 5 like lvl 15-29 that are warlords I fought one guy who was lvl 20 he beat me cause he packed fairy and satyr treasure cards so I couldnt kill him then tritoned me with storm trap, elemental trap, hex, curse, feint, then one hit KO ing me

I think there ok if they arent too powerful

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008

i agree for the most part but what about the ones who are myth have full area gear and they sit their and wild bolt the heck out of you i am all good with gold cards cause i do belive all is fair in love and war but come on when does it stop that is a tri bade feint and boast from your gear and you are scared that is a 2500 to 3000 hit

Defender
May 29, 2009

I don't think it's the high level grandmasters complaining about treasure cards. Seriously, use all the treasures you want, it's very unlikely a lvl 30 (regardless of pvp rank) can beat a grandmaster who has the slightest concept of how to duel. Basically, you're playing a deck of a dozen or so treasure cards against everything the GM has. Before everyone goes off saying, "yeah, well, I owned a GM just the other day". I didn't say it was impossible, just unlikely.

The complaints seem to be coming from the lower levels, lvl 20 and below who expect to be matched up with wizards of roughly equivalent skill/spells. They're casting 3-4 pip spells at best and BOOM, they get hit with a storm lord, helephant, wild bolt, etc. -- game over.

I personally don't have a problem with treasure cards. Use them all you want -- my GM is well equipped to handle anything. I just thought I'd add a different perspective to this thread about where these complaints might be coming from and you can then think about whether it's fair or not.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
You have to admit some cards like wild bolt used by lower levels is a bit unbalancing. I don't think the access to these cards is equal for all players.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Cards like wildbolt are why school specific spells should not be allowed to be made into treasure cards. As much as I like being able to make treasure cards of Beguile, beguile's abused a lot as a treasure card too, for it's ability to throw the other team off balance.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
Cards like wildbolt are why school specific spells should not be allowed to be made into treasure cards. As much as I like being able to make treasure cards of Beguile, beguile's abused a lot as a treasure card too, for it's ability to throw the other team off balance.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

/agree

Something does need to be done and maybe restricting main school specific cards to just those of that school is the best way to go.

KI should also consider level minimums to use certain cards. Those of the same school as the card can use it at the cards minimum level and those not of that main school can use it at +10 levels from it's minimum. Just a suggestion but what to other think?