Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question for the Storm Professor

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
I was wondering why doesnt Storm get a shield for myth?
All the other schools can learn from their school a shield spell that shields at least against their weakness but the storm shield just shield fire and ice? I dont think that we cant learn a shield to shield against myth besides using our training points. I was just wondering why the spell is for fire and ice and not say myth and something else.

Cori LionHeart
Grandmaster Storm

Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
Ok, I'm going to try to explain it so I hope this makes sense. Fire/Ice/Storm are elemental schools since they deal with elements. Life/Death/Myth are spiritual schools.

If you look each school gets a set of shields for the other two schools like them. Death gets a Life/Myth shield; Life gets a Death/Myth shield; Fire gets a Storm/Ice shield; Ice gets a Storm/Fire shield; etc.

Now here is where it gets tricky. We know that Fire/Ice, Life/Death and Storm/Myth are considered opposites in the game. It makes Storm and Myth 'special' in a way since they are not from the same type group or possibly that is a disadvantage to both schools. That is why they don't have 'free' shields for their opposing school. I hope that made sense.