Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Underpowered Myth School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
As a myth student i find that myth is underpowered (why did i repeat that its in the title duh )

I think that from the humonfrog spell and up ( except time of legend and mintaur) the spells are sort of weak or need fixing,and that is why i made this list:

1.Humonfrog-does 265-325 damage to all enemies and meteor stike does 305-345 (all enemies )so try to compare, i know myth isnt the strongest class in attack but not the most weak, life is (sry life but your meant for healing ) i mean at least boost it to 280-320 or something.

2.Earthquake-does only 310 WHAT THE
i mean look at the damage humonfrog can do plus it can top that without a single boost/blade/trap,yeah i know it removes charms and wards but how can you ever compare that to the helephant or the wraith or the colossus.

3.Orthrus-does 50 then 650 for a total of 700 not bad not bad but wait ONLY ONE ENEMY i mean what every single 7 pip spell is for every enemy ( except life) i mean come on, and its not like the minions can help enough to replace the errors or damage need.

So with this i let you to think and maybe comment bout it.
Charles Drakedreamer lv 36 i find me in Mooshu,Hamitsu village. Will help anyone from wizard city to dragonspyre.(for free lol)

Hero
May 19, 2009
I have to disagree with you completely, myth is fine the way it is. The earthquake spell is weak bc it gets rid of every ward and charm. The minutaur and orthrus spell only attack one enemy because the weaker of the first attack is used to get around shields. On top of all that myth is the main minion school so there is no need to be stronger when you always have an extra hand dishing out damage of his own

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
humongo frog i don't agree with but the rest i do. however you guys get so many minions, that's a plus

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
hotbabesguy wrote:
i know myth isnt the strongest class in attack but not the most weak, life is (sry life but your meant for healing )

in case you didn't knew. our centaur is more powerfull the collosus. and myth is as weak as us even though you have more attack then us

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
Would agree with you if it weren't for all the minions. With all the minions and using them regularly, myth is comparable to other schools in effectiveness. However, if you prefer not use minions or are fighting in four-person groups, then Myth will tend to feel underpowered.

With regard to Orthrus...it is one of my favorite level 48 spells, even if it is a little weaker in a full group.

Of course, all of this is a result of Myth being designed as one of the more solo play type classes. Which means that you're mostly only going against two enemies and thus only need special purpose damage-all spells. This, is also what makes minions more important and also more necessary.

The one think really missing is some good self heal, or perhaps more appropriate to the school, a good healing minion.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
well for earthquake, it does 310 damage because it removes blades and shields. meteor strike is stronger htan humonfrog because fire is the second strongest.
The only one that i agree on is orthus which there is a different forum about that so you can look there.
And myth is known for SUMMONING MINIONS1