Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

FIX WILD BOLT or I'm done with wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2010
It is a video game no reason to complain about silly little spells like this. No reason to ruin the great game it is by complaining about every little detail! Wizard 101 is amazing if you have a problem with wild bolt soon you will go on to firecat. So just do it without complaining or don't play PvP or Wizard 101 at all!

Get Real!

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Bloodferret wrote:
The topic says it all. I'm tired of working hard to get rank just to lose it all to someone who just sits there and uses wild bolt. I have a grandmaster 2 masters and a magus. The fights take so long at the higher levels, so i decided to try some low level fights. I made a fire wizard and got him t level 5. I was doing good in pvp and got all the way to captain, almost to cammander. Then I ran in to wild bolt! I fought the same guy 4 times in a row and he only fizzled once!! I thought it was supposed to be a 10% chance. One fizzle in four fights is NOT 10%. The guy was so annoying too. The second fight when he saw it was me again he said "YAY FREE POINTS". Its frustrating when they say things like that and you know they are right. I would love the chance to fight that same person with no wild bolt and see how smug he is. After those 4 fights i was knocked back down to knight.
All the other spells can be countered with shields or weakness. Most people who use wildbolt use the treasure card vesion. This way it has better accuracy and they can get it when they want. They have more wildbolts in there deck then you have shields and they dont have to wait to find it in their deck. There is NO way to counter that.
With all of that said I am not sinking any more money in this game if they are going to keep rewarding people like that. If KI can't come up with a fair pvp system then I will shut off both my account and my sons.
like moolinda wu said. but also don't forget that wild bolt has 10% hit rate

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Bloodferret wrote:
The topic says it all. I'm tired of working hard to get rank just to lose it all to someone who just sits there and uses wild bolt. I have a grandmaster 2 masters and a magus. The fights take so long at the higher levels, so i decided to try some low level fights. I made a fire wizard and got him t level 5. I was doing good in pvp and got all the way to captain, almost to cammander. Then I ran in to wild bolt! I fought the same guy 4 times in a row and he only fizzled once!! I thought it was supposed to be a 10% chance. One fizzle in four fights is NOT 10%. The guy was so annoying too. The second fight when he saw it was me again he said "YAY FREE POINTS". Its frustrating when they say things like that and you know they are right. I would love the chance to fight that same person with no wild bolt and see how smug he is. After those 4 fights i was knocked back down to knight.
All the other spells can be countered with shields or weakness. Most people who use wildbolt use the treasure card vesion. This way it has better accuracy and they can get it when they want. They have more wildbolts in there deck then you have shields and they dont have to wait to find it in their deck. There is NO way to counter that.
With all of that said I am not sinking any more money in this game if they are going to keep rewarding people like that. If KI can't come up with a fair pvp system then I will shut off both my account and my sons.

I think KI's development team has gotten their wires crossed wrong with Wild Bolt coding.

This card rarely ever works in PVE at all, if they switch the coding of Wild bolt in PVP. You will no longer have a problem with it in a PVP fight.

As far as Wild bolt in PVE, the card is usless.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
ok why hate wild bolt it has ten percent acuracy and with lightning bolt (the thing you get early in the game) it is 20% plus clothing it is more. then to you people that say shields dont work it is called a TRAP and BLADE ever heard of them? and you guys only hate bolt if it is agenst you and like it is our fault. we didnt make the spells. and the whole idea of a storm wizard is to make big damage but a disadvantige of being a storm wizard is LESS health and acuracy. and you only think it works all the time but when you see any fizzle it is more then likely a wild bolt but you think it is a triton or storm lord. so it fizzles A LOT.

you guys hate storm cause it has good spells but they have the LEAST health of all the schools.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
Also with shields you can go to sabrina greenstar in the fairegrounds at lvl 10 and get a storm shield. So youd have a total of 9 storm shields then :P

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Noobs are going to have a tough time in in pvp anyway, why did you create a new character in the first place!

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Geez calm down! Why dont you try making a storm wizard and get the wild bolt yourself!

how do you get wild bolt

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
IamLezul wrote:
Geez calm down! Why dont you try making a storm wizard and get the wild bolt yourself!

So you want us to do something that is seems unfair? You are most likely someone that chain stunned, judged and almost win every time and bolt. And I read some of your other posts and they are not very nice.

Defender
May 30, 2009
I have a grand storm and also a grand balance. When I pvp on my storm wizard I did keep sniper(etc.)-enchanted bolts in my deck that I occasionally used; until today.

I decided to do a pvp with my balance for a change and came across a commander-ranked grand storm. She went first and bolted me (Nearly cutting my health in half ). Luckily I threw up my elemental shield that round, but she knocked it off with her sword attack next round. I then used black mantle on her .... She bolted me again and it HIT- Ending the match. I was slightly annoyed but still decided to do another ranked match. Guess who was back? Lil' Miss BoltPants. *SIGH* A Similar battle between us played out. Her bolts NEVER fizzled- NOT ONCE. After those two battles I immediately went to my storm and took out the enchanted bolts from my deck.

I think using bolts as THE MAIN attack is truly unfair. I mean, sure, I have judgment on my balance, but it takes pretty much full powerpips + traps/blades to take someone out. Bolt simply takes two pips or one power pip, and when you mix that with equipment that gives accuracy/hit power PLUS an enchantment card.... Wow, just wow... The other player doesn't even have a chance to retaliate. :(

-Jessica DreamCatcher

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
bloodferret is it really that SERIOUS if u have kids then we all no ur an adult so grow up this concern is really childish for the fact the guy must have had armor that increased his accuarcy and plus u can easily block it with a storm shield u don't have to go that far just because a wizard used bolt on you that happened to me before i'll give ya a tip: u can click the player name when he talks in the text box and then click the arrow at the bottom of his screen and u can read his stats it's not cheating u can see what clothes has on and see how much accuracy he has and u can see how many copies he can have in a deck this is actually a good strategy sometimes it's planning ahead so u can cast the card that ya need before the opponent strikes u

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
MoolindaWu wrote:
In just 3 more levels your fire wizard will get the Glacial Shield. Probably with the level 5 deck you can put three copies in. Also at level 8 if you have the training points you can get the Volcanic Shield from the Ice School. This will allow you to either stack for added protection or just put on one at a time as you're attacked to successfully defend against 6 storm attacks. Hopefully this helps! :)

Thank you MoolindaWu you help a lot of people and you really helped me, but i really don't think if a few people quit wizard101 :? but ya

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I agree with Bloodferret, wild bolt is messed up in so many ways.I have a level 10 balence wizard and i was fightning a level 4 storm. I put shields on my self and he used wild bolt twice in a row! i fought him again and he did it twice in a row without fizzles, AGAIN! You either need to ban wild bolt from the arena, or make it where it's fair and it fizzles like it is meant to, because it's unfair.

P.S. my level 50 grandmaster storm friend will fizzle on wild bolt 5 times in a row or more! So i want to know how a level 4 wizard did it twice in a row.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
yo Bloodferret, you shouldnt blame w101 and KI for a spell that ONE guy has... and what if KI did shut down wild bolt??? yknow how many people will be so mad they wonder.."why?" then someone can explain to them that you were soooo tired of losing u got it banned how will you feel then?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Bloodferret wrote:

Every school has there advantages. Storm's advantage is bolting. Fire's advantage is doing damage over three rounds so you cant shield against them. in my opinion it is all fair. Hope this helped :D

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
tip: buy treasure lightning shields.

if you go second and they hit you may be sunk, but if not stack 2-3 shields and they will fizzle a few and you will get opportunities to fight back.

I can imagine bolt being very lame at low level, at fifty it is not as bad and i even go to treasure tower shields vs lightning since the damage is less proportionally to my hp/gear level.

Just play super defensive and keep up shields you can out play them,

the one boon of playing these types of players is they TEND to be one-trick ponies. As in, if you don't let them bolt you down you will win easily, that has been my experience. they think they are lucky to be bolting when it really begins to cripple them at higher rating since they have not developed appropriate tactics.

I'm a grand necro warlock 1050 rating, 65 wins- 22 loss (my first toon and first pvper)

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
sherbertypony12 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

how do you get wild bolt
finish marleybone

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
I was wild bolted in the first round, got a good 1500 right off of my health right there.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
Wind Bolt, was made for STORM 'cause there health its not there fault there heath is so low. so stop conplaininh

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
Molock75 wrote:
I agree with Bloodferret, wild bolt is messed up in so many ways.I have a level 10 balence wizard and i was fightning a level 4 storm. I put shields on my self and he used wild bolt twice in a row! i fought him again and he did it twice in a row without fizzles, AGAIN! You either need to ban wild bolt from the arena, or make it where it's fair and it fizzles like it is meant to, because it's unfair.

P.S. my level 50 grandmaster storm friend will fizzle on wild bolt 5 times in a row or more! So i want to know how a level 4 wizard did it twice in a row.

The reason the level four didn't fizzle is because either they are using a bug or another person is using a bug letting all their friends and their friends friends use the bug. Usually lower levels are just grandmasters in disguise (a grandmaster's side)
i fought a level 2 and he did not fizzle one spell except for his powerful one's

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I agree with whoever think wild bolt is bad. But i have sollution to solve this problem. I think there should be no acurracy boosts equiped to it and none of the accuracy helps wild bolt. i hope that is a good solution to you. :)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'm suggesting a three pip 10% Improved Wild Bolt card be given to storm school for free at the upper levels that does 1400 base damage and stuns. I know what you are thinking, wild bolt at three pips should do 1500 base damage but I decreased that amount by 100 damage and added stun to it.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
Bloodferret wrote:

I think it is fine as it is. I have a warlord life and I went through it, and yes it is 10 percent. Its just when you keep practicing it, you *master* it. So I think it is very fair. Not only because i have a storm, it is because i have plenty experience with my life warlord as well. We win and we lose. Shields help, Dispel helps. It takes skill. PvP is fine as it is, and if you are quitting W101 just for this, its unreasonable. Lots of people dealt with it. So thank you. :?

Survivor
May 30, 2009
you guys need to stop complaining i am a level 48 almost 49 storm wizard and wild bolt helps out a lot.make a storm wizard and after you kill meowiarty in marleybone you get wild bolt so stop complaining you are gonna ruin the game for every one else!

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Alright people stop complaining about wild bolt i have a sollution. My idea is that when wild bolt is used the user gets stunned so they dont use it over and over again. It would give every one a chance :). i hope you like my idea 8)

Survivor
May 29, 2010
calm down man im a level 46 ice wizard and i also hate the wildbolt card it hits a thousand for two pis but the bad part about that spell is that it only has a ten percent chance of fizalling i thnk you should go to balance so you can decrease his accurracy to zero