Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Excess reagents, pet snacks and treasure cards...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
Lately, and mainly because all my wizards have max gold, I have been having to destroy each individual reagent, pet snack and treasure card that I know I will never use. It gets quite annoying, especially if you have several wizards.

Even worse is farming seeds like Couch Potatoes and Evil Magma Peas for mega snacks you end up with a very large amount of lower level pet snacks and TC. Since I can't sell them on the exchange without having to buy other items I really don't need just so I don't have max gold.

I thought that something like a recycle bin or garbage can in your house would come in very handy when it comes to "getting rid" of those snacks, reagents and TC many of us have no intention of using. Instead of having to destroy each on individually we could just open the recycle bin/trash can and dump each one as a group instead of one at a time.

Or perhaps a recycle bin or garbage can could be added in Wizard City somewhere that all of us can use. It could work the same way as selling snacks to the vendor in the Pet Pavilion, where they don't show up for resale, but instead of us getting gold they are just gone. It would save a large amount of time and aggravation for the players.

Or else you could let us sell them for zero coins like we already can with excess armor and housing items.

To conclude something really needs to be done to give us wizards a way to unload all the excess snacks, reagents and TC we acquire along the way and can't sell.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I would recommend crafting seed vaults for starters; that way you can save them instead of trashing.
I have purchased many gold mounts when my chars are overloaded, put those mounts in a house, then sell when gold is lower.
no need to throw anything away, just make some room for the extras.
you can have 999 of each reagent on each char, so that shouldn't be an issue.

if you find yourself overflowing, you can go to the bazaar and offer free tc to lower level players; I have done this a few times and it always makes someone's day.

you could also do a 'mercy hatch' with someone that needs the help?

plenty of ways to Share the love in the Spiral

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
SilverbackMonkey on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:
I would recommend crafting seed vaults for starters; that way you can save them instead of trashing.
I have purchased many gold mounts when my chars are overloaded, put those mounts in a house, then sell when gold is lower.
no need to throw anything away, just make some room for the extras.
you can have 999 of each reagent on each char, so that shouldn't be an issue.

if you find yourself overflowing, you can go to the bazaar and offer free tc to lower level players; I have done this a few times and it always makes someone's day.

you could also do a 'mercy hatch' with someone that needs the help?

plenty of ways to Share the love in the Spiral
First off I said nothing about seeds other than harvesting giving me an excess of reagents pet snacks and TC that I know I'll never use.

Secondly why would I want to waste my gold purchasing mounts that will just take up space in my house? Yes I can sell them later for a loss but it still seems like a huge waste of time to me.

Yes I can have large amount of reagents and snacks on my characters as well as in my shared bank, but what is the sense in that when I know I'll never use them. Especially the lower level pet snacks.

Sure I can give unwanted TC to random people but in my opinion that only encourages begging. Not to mention having to add random strangers to my friends list. That is something I am just not comfortable doing, so I won't. When I add someone to my friends list it is when, and only when, I am fairly sure they are not going to just use me or I them.

I'm not one to just hang around places when I am playing. I want to be doing something like questing or working on badges.

My suggestion for these excess items was based on the fact that I have seen several other suggestions, all of which required something in return. none of these suggestion have been or are being implemented into the game, so I thought I would offer another alternative that does not require a return for unwanted items.

It is mainly because I have 6 wizards on my account, all of whom are growing couch potatoes and magma peas. When I harvest them I end up with a large amount of lower level pet snacks and having to destroy them one at a time gets very tedious very fast. Having a way to get rid of them much quicker when you can't go to the bazaar or a vendor to do makes a lot of sense to me.

Re-reading my post seems like I am being combative here, but that is not my intent. I am just trying to make a suggestion that, in my opinion, is something that should be looked in to.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Eliais on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:
First off I said nothing about seeds other than harvesting giving me an excess of reagents pet snacks and TC that I know I'll never use.

Secondly why would I want to waste my gold purchasing mounts that will just take up space in my house? Yes I can sell them later for a loss but it still seems like a huge waste of time to me.

Yes I can have large amount of reagents and snacks on my characters as well as in my shared bank, but what is the sense in that when I know I'll never use them. Especially the lower level pet snacks.

Sure I can give unwanted TC to random people but in my opinion that only encourages begging. Not to mention having to add random strangers to my friends list. That is something I am just not comfortable doing, so I won't. When I add someone to my friends list it is when, and only when, I am fairly sure they are not going to just use me or I them.

I'm not one to just hang around places when I am playing. I want to be doing something like questing or working on badges.

My suggestion for these excess items was based on the fact that I have seen several other suggestions, all of which required something in return. none of these suggestion have been or are being implemented into the game, so I thought I would offer another alternative that does not require a return for unwanted items.

It is mainly because I have 6 wizards on my account, all of whom are growing couch potatoes and magma peas. When I harvest them I end up with a large amount of lower level pet snacks and having to destroy them one at a time gets very tedious very fast. Having a way to get rid of them much quicker when you can't go to the bazaar or a vendor to do makes a lot of sense to me.

Re-reading my post seems like I am being combative here, but that is not my intent. I am just trying to make a suggestion that, in my opinion, is something that should be looked in to.
I feel ya. My EMP's do the same thing to me, especially during Double Gardening Rewards.

The only thing I do when I really want to mass sell stuff instead of individually dropping it is buy the most expensive piece of gear I see (sort hats, robes, or boots by cost) in the Bazaar, and then immediately sell it back for half price. There's usually at least one item there that's in the 200,000 gold range so that you can at least come down 100,000 gold off the cap so you can sell stuff. It's definitely quicker than scrapping each item individually. I remember how happy I was when Polymorph Ninja finally had it's No Auction restriction removed.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Also have max things like that because of buying packs. Also get them in daily (end of week) prizes. Also get them other ways.

Would love to be able to recycle them other than feeding to pets. Also would love if they put right on each item which pet likes to eat it. Or put with the pet, in its description, what it likes to eat.

I can't go and look up each gem or reagent. Come on :(

An excess item compost heap?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Eliais on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:

My biggest suggestion would be: STOP GARDENING

If you are complaining about TC, snacks, and reagents, but you are still gardening, then holding off on planting or just leaving your plants elderly would be a better solution.

BTW, couch potatoes and emps do not give lower level snacks. They give the highest, which is rank 9

Crafting is another suggestion to use your reagents and possibly some TC, but since you haven't mentioned whether you do that or not, I'm gonna take a wild guess that you don't.

I trade and store TC with/on my 2nd account. I keep a full storage of reagents in my shared bank, with the overflow on each of my wizards. I train a lot of pets, plus I do charity hatches at least once a month to get rid of gold.

There are ample ways to use up your overflow.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
why dont you go for the crafting badges as they use up a lot of reagents or if you have try transmuting common reagents into less common ones e.g 10 stone for 1 fossil. that will cut your reagents

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
BrynnerOfReign on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
My biggest suggestion would be: STOP GARDENING

If you are complaining about TC, snacks, and reagents, but you are still gardening, then holding off on planting or just leaving your plants elderly would be a better solution.

BTW, couch potatoes and emps do not give lower level snacks. They give the highest, which is rank 9

Crafting is another suggestion to use your reagents and possibly some TC, but since you haven't mentioned whether you do that or not, I'm gonna take a wild guess that you don't.

I trade and store TC with/on my 2nd account. I keep a full storage of reagents in my shared bank, with the overflow on each of my wizards. I train a lot of pets, plus I do charity hatches at least once a month to get rid of gold.

There are ample ways to use up your overflow.
For the record all 6 of the wizard on my account have reached Champion level Crafting, so your wild guess is way off.

I am growing the Couch Potatoes and EMP for the mega snacks you get from harvesting at elder. Not to mention that I am trying to get all my wizards to level 20 gardening. How am I to accomplish that without planting seeds?

Oh and another thing, Couch Potatoes and EMP only give mega snacks when being harvested at elder.
When you harvest them before then you get snacks like golden pizza, taco town special and a couple other lower level snacks, plus TC. These tend to build up after a very short time. You really should know what you are talking about before calling someone out.

I do offer charity hatches, but as I stated before I'm not one who wants to sit around for long periods of time. I much prefer working on side quests or badges or joining random teams with my max life to act as a healer so they can get through a dungeon more readily.

My shared bank is bursting with reagents, and I constantly add reagents I gain that aren't already at max capacity to my shared bank. I will on occasion transmute reagents to the harder to get ones, but that takes a lot of time. Time I would rather use actually playing the game.

Everyone has their own way of playing and dealing with things and while the suggestions are all valid and appreciated, they just don't work for everyone.

I would really love to see my excess reagents, pet snacks and TC go to newer players who could convert them to gold to help them get stuff they need for their wizards, but that isn't too realistic and would encourage scamming and beggars (in my opinion it would). This is why I suggested a way to take care of them without causing a lot of unnecessary drama.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Eliais on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
Lately, and mainly because all my wizards have max gold, I have been having to destroy each individual reagent, pet snack and treasure card that I know I will never use. It gets quite annoying, especially if you have several wizards.

Even worse is farming seeds like Couch Potatoes and Evil Magma Peas for mega snacks you end up with a very large amount of lower level pet snacks and TC. Since I can't sell them on the exchange without having to buy other items I really don't need just so I don't have max gold.

I thought that something like a recycle bin or garbage can in your house would come in very handy when it comes to "getting rid" of those snacks, reagents and TC many of us have no intention of using. Instead of having to destroy each on individually we could just open the recycle bin/trash can and dump each one as a group instead of one at a time.

Or perhaps a recycle bin or garbage can could be added in Wizard City somewhere that all of us can use. It could work the same way as selling snacks to the vendor in the Pet Pavilion, where they don't show up for resale, but instead of us getting gold they are just gone. It would save a large amount of time and aggravation for the players.

Or else you could let us sell them for zero coins like we already can with excess armor and housing items.

To conclude something really needs to be done to give us wizards a way to unload all the excess snacks, reagents and TC we acquire along the way and can't sell.
Buy recipes and craft stuff. That will reduce your pile of "filthy lucre" quickly. Furniture sets can be bought for gold as well.