Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent Trap TC

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
There's a certain quest in Azteca that gives you a potent trap treasure card. That treasure card can be used for a quest in order to obtain a badge in crafting. Sadly, I was naïve when I first played this game, and so I used the TC in order to obtain the 1 million damage badge . What I'd like to know is if there is any way to get the TC besides the quest. I've fought some bosses who supposedly drop it, but even though I've fought them about 100 times I get nothing. So is it really possible to get a Potent Trap TC in Azteca without the quest? I know they're rare but I've been farming for almost a year now...

~Logan LegendShade

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Try some pvp tournaments? And yes they do actually drop, just not often.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
I just did the quest yesterday or two days ago on my Death, and it gave me two, so you might have a second Potent Trap tc. If you don't, the bosses that the Potent Trap tc wiki page shows are the main place to get them. However, according to the wiki they are an elder drop from Ultra Alligator Pear Trees. You can get these from the regular Alligator Pear Trees, but that would probably take a while. So, it's basically farming Azteca bosses or gardening. Good luck! It took me a while to get my potent trap tc on my Storm (I was later on in Azteca when they released that update, so I still had to get them by farming lol). I think I got my Potent Trap tc from Gladiator Dimachaerus while farming for Amber, so I hope that helps. Good luck! I hope you get it soon :)
Taylor Daisyflame- Level 101
Devin Daisyheart- Level 85

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
HydraYTPlayz on Apr 7, 2019 wrote:
There's a certain quest in Azteca that gives you a potent trap treasure card. That treasure card can be used for a quest in order to obtain a badge in crafting. Sadly, I was naïve when I first played this game, and so I used the TC in order to obtain the 1 million damage badge . What I'd like to know is if there is any way to get the TC besides the quest. I've fought some bosses who supposedly drop it, but even though I've fought them about 100 times I get nothing. So is it really possible to get a Potent Trap TC in Azteca without the quest? I know they're rare but I've been farming for almost a year now...

~Logan LegendShade
Yes, you can get Potent Trap TC from many bosses in Azteca. I am so sorry to hear that you haven't had the best luck but I have received Potent Trap TC from bosses on Team Up many times. If you keep trying, you will get it for sure.

Good luck!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
On my first wizards it was before the quest gave potent trap tcs and also before ultra seeds - I got them farming Gladiator. I foolishly didn't go to the grove to get the agave leaves (I'd already got some) so wasted my first potent trap crafting it then having my crafting rejected

So I farmed Gladiator again and was terribly unlucky - everyone in my team had several before I got one! The no-trade on them can be brutal!

Apparently Cronus (in Tartarus) is better for potent trap drops and also drops amber more frequently than Gladiator. I hadn't got access to him yet when I was doing it so it wasn't an option, but if you have then it could be a bit better than Gladiator. (Gladiator also drops the alpha and omega ring; cronus also drops the blade of the felled titan...just in case you're after either of those!)

For subsequent wizards I went down the gardening route so I could get them with minimal effort. We get a quest (Brief Encounters) around the same point as access to the crafting quest that gives 2 alligator pear tree seeds. If you have more of them plant them too. I planted mine and then passed the ultra alligator seeds to my low level wizards to grow. The potent trap tc drops loads from the ultra alligator pear trees and they all got at least one easily from them. Remember, the alligators can be planted on any wizard but the ultra must be on the wizard you want to get the potent trap as it can not be traded!

We can also get potent trap TC as a reward for PvP tournaments (even if we are annihilated by our opponents haha) and you might want to try the cauldron (battlemage keep), dromel merchant (nomad's camp) and Lost & Found (castaway's bungalow) through castle tours...you never know, you might get lucky first try!

I hope this helps and you get your potent trap soon