Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changing PVP to make it fair.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 15, 2013
I love pvp, but it's completely unfair how the rounds go. It should be turn based and not like the turn based we see in tournaments, especially for levels 120 and above. Instead of one player getting to go first the entire match, the player going second should have back to back turns, then player one, and so on. In turn based tournaments, the players don't get to select anything from their decks when they are out of turn and are not allowed to do anything until it is their turn. This is no different than regular pvp with the exception of longer rounds. KI defeated their own purpose with turn based fights by arranging it this way. They had the right idea but it was poorly executed. Does anyone else agree that this may produce a fairer ranked system?

Survivor
Mar 28, 2017
I agree that you do get an advantage when going first in PVP but not that it should be fixed by alternating who goes first. How would that even work? The person who went second gets to go twice because they'll be going first next round? That seems even more broken.

The way Kingsisle made turn based tournaments is perfect except I think the timer should be 25 seconds for those that might have slower computers.

Basically what they did was make it so both players are essentially going second and that's fine because now you have an opportunity to shield or whatnot as where in the current system if you go second you can't defend yourself as well.

You said that they poorly executed turn based because you can't discard when it's your opponents turn but why would you even be able to do that if it's their turn? If you don't like the cards you drew on their turn then that just means you have a bad deck setup. And I can see problems with wanting to discard on their turn because your opponent might just pick their card in like one second and it'll turn into a speed game.

Sure turn based takes relatively longer but why do you want a short match anyway? Long and fair is better than quick but broken.

If you ask me turn based as it is now but with a 25 second timer is how the ranked PVP system should be. Going second forces you to make guesses like "are they going to shield or hit" and winning from second requires a lot of good guesses.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011