Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Welcome "Sparck" to KingsIsle!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
I'll be answering several on tomorrow's KI Live as well, so hope you all can join us then!

"What is your wizards name? "

Sparck! Without the ! :)

"How do we find you?"

"Would love to help you quest, friend me on my fire wizard, Catherine Firebloom. I am sure as a life wizard you can use the help. hope to see you"

Yes, I would like that very much! If you see me in-game, say hello.

"Live Long and Prosper."

Thanks!

Survivor
May 14, 2011
Hey Sparck, welcome to your new position :) Glad to see Dworgyn is going to be moving on to something he's even more passionate about - design. Can't wait to see what new games he will help to create! If you're given the opportunity, take it.

I do have a question: If there is one NPC in game that you could switch to for the forums (ie. Sparck to Ione), who or what would you change to? Personally for me, if I were in your shoes, I'd choose Pacal Redmask. The sun school trainer side quest he gives I feel is the most important quest in game for me just for the fact that the utility spells from it are very powerful. It's definitely way easier to get more damage with potent and sharpen. Also, because Pascal is the first NPC when you first enter Azteca, he sort of acts like a guide, and on the forums you'll be acting like a "guide" to aid wizards when they ask for help here!

Again welcome, and I can't wait to see what new is to come!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
Hiya Sparck! AKA "Manderson",lol!
I heard on KILive that you like decorating your castles. Well I have a youtube channel dedicated to amazing castle videos and would simply love to get some videos of yours! It would be an honor to spotlight "Sparcks" decorating skills :) You can check it out here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMcSabCYnDM6_mQiWs1BeA
I look forward to hearing back from you :D

Sarai Willowbreeze
Proud Beta Player

Administrator
Gmom on Jul 29, 2018 wrote:
Hiya Sparck! AKA "Manderson",lol!
I heard on KILive that you like decorating your castles. Well I have a youtube channel dedicated to amazing castle videos and would simply love to get some videos of yours! It would be an honor to spotlight "Sparcks" decorating skills :) You can check it out here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMcSabCYnDM6_mQiWs1BeA
I look forward to hearing back from you :D

Sarai Willowbreeze
Proud Beta Player
Yes! It's a ton of fun. Checking out your channel! Thanks Sarai

Administrator
jewels900 on Jul 26, 2018 wrote:
Hey Sparck, welcome to your new position :) Glad to see Dworgyn is going to be moving on to something he's even more passionate about - design. Can't wait to see what new games he will help to create! If you're given the opportunity, take it.

I do have a question: If there is one NPC in game that you could switch to for the forums (ie. Sparck to Ione), who or what would you change to? Personally for me, if I were in your shoes, I'd choose Pacal Redmask. The sun school trainer side quest he gives I feel is the most important quest in game for me just for the fact that the utility spells from it are very powerful. It's definitely way easier to get more damage with potent and sharpen. Also, because Pascal is the first NPC when you first enter Azteca, he sort of acts like a guide, and on the forums you'll be acting like a "guide" to aid wizards when they ask for help here!

Again welcome, and I can't wait to see what new is to come!
Great question! Hmm... I will check that one out. Should I maybe stick with Sparck though? He's a favorite :).

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Sparck on Jul 30, 2018 wrote:
Great question! Hmm... I will check that one out. Should I maybe stick with Sparck though? He's a favorite :).
Stick with Sparck

Stick with Sparck

Stick with Sparck

S Gs

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Sparck on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Greetings student Wizards!

As Dworgyn kindly introduced, my newly minted Wizard identity is the quite logical (but still very fun to hang around!) Sparck, and I also go by the more mysterious Bat Masterson in Pirate101. Being part of and a leader of game communities for many years now, I'm super excited and proud to be the new community manager for all of KingsIsle’s games!

I am thrilled to see community members across The Spiral and beyond connect with the KingsIsle team through the forums, livestreams, and in-game events. We’re going to be continuing to interact with you in these areas by celebrating Wizard101’s 10th Anniversary with even more exciting content and activities. Let’s work together to make it a fun adventure for all!

When it comes to being part of a new community, I’m absolutely all in – watching your skilled gameplay videos, reading your rich stories, diving into the forums and in-game, and seeing the unique screenshots and fan art you develop. There’s always something to look forward to and amazing to look back on with a community that’s prospered and grown for 10 years. Think of me as a supporter of your adventures where I’ll be there to help build the kind of community you want to see, just like how Dworgyn’s been with you.

In the meantime, let me know what the community team can do to help ensure you have a safe and fun gameplay experience for your favorite KingsIsle game. I also want to hear from all of you what your stories are for the game’s you play, especially if it’s something we can share with the rest of the community. This is what I’m here for!

Please do ask your questions here about myself and future plans for our community. Also, once we announce the next KI Live, you'll get another chance to ask questions then too, which I will respond to on the livestream. I can't wait to get to know all of you!

See you out there in The Spiral!
Welcome to the Wizard Jungle Sparck!

You've joined a fantastic community full of amazing individuals, and thensome. Here's to you bringing tremendous value and benefit to W101, the forum, and players. Ooh, you said to ask questions :) OK, here goes:

1. What's your favorite wizard to play; and why?
2. What are your three favorite spells?
3. What is Sparck's favorite dessert?
4. What is your favorite mount?
5. What is your favorite pet?
6. What is Sparck's favorite TV Show?

7. What are your thoughts about the Team Up Kiosk?
8. Do you have an opinion on how to improve the Team Up Kiosk?
9. What do you think about Hidden Bosses in the game (i.e. Skeleton Key Bosses, Gladiator Bear, Cronus, etc...)?
10. What is Sparck's favorite film/movie?
11. What does Sparck thing about themed and seasonal dungeons, events and mounts, etc..?
12. Where does Sparck like to vacation?
13. If there was one thing Sparck would love to improve in Wizard 101, what is this; and why?

Welcome again to the Wizard 101 Game and Forum. And thanks for answering some, or all of these questions.

Tyler Wildpants

Administrator
Tylerwildpants on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
Welcome to the Wizard Jungle Sparck!

You've joined a fantastic community full of amazing individuals, and thensome. Here's to you bringing tremendous value and benefit to W101, the forum, and players. Ooh, you said to ask questions :) OK, here goes:

1. What's your favorite wizard to play; and why?
2. What are your three favorite spells?
3. What is Sparck's favorite dessert?
4. What is your favorite mount?
5. What is your favorite pet?
6. What is Sparck's favorite TV Show?

7. What are your thoughts about the Team Up Kiosk?
8. Do you have an opinion on how to improve the Team Up Kiosk?
9. What do you think about Hidden Bosses in the game (i.e. Skeleton Key Bosses, Gladiator Bear, Cronus, etc...)?
10. What is Sparck's favorite film/movie?
11. What does Sparck thing about themed and seasonal dungeons, events and mounts, etc..?
12. Where does Sparck like to vacation?
13. If there was one thing Sparck would love to improve in Wizard 101, what is this; and why?

Welcome again to the Wizard 101 Game and Forum. And thanks for answering some, or all of these questions.

Tyler Wildpants
Now there's some questions, wow! Ok, here we go...

1. Well, I'm currently playing a wizard that focuses on Life magic. Since I'm a Wood Elf at heart :).

2. Hmm, not sure, though Rebirth for healing is pretty awesome. Storm Lord is great too, though it takes a lot to cast (7 pips I think).

3. Ice cream :)

4. Eagle mount is great

5. Drama Llama!

6. Difficult one... Stargate and Star Trek are really tied here for different reasons.

7 & 8. No thoughts yet, I need to read up on it :)

9. I love it, it's a nice extra for the players I feel

10. Hmm... so many. I like SCI-FI space operas and some high fantasy ones... maybe Lord of the Rings?

11. I'd say theme everything!! :)

12. Anywhere with a free buffet and a beautiful view

13. More secret or random treasure hunt kind of things. I love finding random treasures!

Thanks for the questions!

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Congrats Dworgn You've done great job and will be missed by us wizards and pirates.

Welcome Sparck Nice to meet you and get to know you on KI Live. Seems like you will do a great job. It's a great community and we try to help each other.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Sparck on Aug 1, 2018 wrote:
Now there's some questions, wow! Ok, here we go...

1. Well, I'm currently playing a wizard that focuses on Life magic. Since I'm a Wood Elf at heart :).

2. Hmm, not sure, though Rebirth for healing is pretty awesome. Storm Lord is great too, though it takes a lot to cast (7 pips I think).

3. Ice cream :)

4. Eagle mount is great

5. Drama Llama!

6. Difficult one... Stargate and Star Trek are really tied here for different reasons.

7 & 8. No thoughts yet, I need to read up on it :)

9. I love it, it's a nice extra for the players I feel

10. Hmm... so many. I like SCI-FI space operas and some high fantasy ones... maybe Lord of the Rings?

11. I'd say theme everything!! :)

12. Anywhere with a free buffet and a beautiful view

13. More secret or random treasure hunt kind of things. I love finding random treasures!

Thanks for the questions!
#1 - Yes Theurgist!

#6 - Yes!

I have found my twin at KI!

A few more questions.

How would you rank the Star Trek series best to worst?

Would you view Shelbus Gruffheart as a Harry Mudd type character? What are the odds that we could see Shelbus Gruffheart as often as we see Prospector Zeke?

I would love to have more quests of hunting down treasures from across the spiral.

S Gs

Survivor
Nov 23, 2017
I renew your SPARCK welcome on the official forum. And I hope you'll take care of all of us.

I take advantage here, to remind you of the importance of the foreign community on the US server, and of these many problems of banishment when they speak their native language and that the rebot punishes them unfairly.

I hope that you can take into account this phenomenon, and that you will be able to improve your filtering system.

And especially when case of problem related to this subject, you are as responsive as your predecessor Tom, who removed the punishment after verification!

I know that this problem only affects foreign players, but we are numerous enough not to forget us, and this is a very serious problem, because we can see our account suspended only because we speak our language, and that is totally unfair!

Thank you for taking this problem into account, failing to be reactive and aware of the consequences.

Administrator
Area51Alien on Aug 2, 2018 wrote:
#1 - Yes Theurgist!

#6 - Yes!

I have found my twin at KI!

A few more questions.

How would you rank the Star Trek series best to worst?

Would you view Shelbus Gruffheart as a Harry Mudd type character? What are the odds that we could see Shelbus Gruffheart as often as we see Prospector Zeke?

I would love to have more quests of hunting down treasures from across the spiral.

S Gs
I like them all, so I'm not sure I can honestly rank them... I may surprise you though that I very much like Voyager, even though many others seem to view it as one of the worst series.

More quests ftw!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Sparck on Aug 5, 2018 wrote:
I like them all, so I'm not sure I can honestly rank them... I may surprise you though that I very much like Voyager, even though many others seem to view it as one of the worst series.

More quests ftw!
Understood, It's like ranking favorite pizzas or flavors of ice cream.

Voyager is an oft-maligned and under appreciated series. I do think that as it ages, it will pick up fans.

Like Enterprise, fans gave up on Voyager too quickly. With the ability to stream and watch when you want, I think it will come into its' own.

S. Gs

Survivor
Jan 19, 2018
Dworgyn on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Hello Students!

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce you to our newest Message Board Administrator and new Community Manager, “Sparck!” Sparck will be leading the “ark” here on the Wizard101.com Message Boards and assisting you with all your Community Management needs. Also, feel free to ask him questions in this post, and he may answer them on air during this month’s KI Live! He’ll be our special guest this coming Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 4pm US Central. https://www.wizard101.com/game/livestream-event

You’ll be seeing Sparck a lot more around our official Message Boards and also throughout all of KingsIsle’s official channels. He brings with him a lot of great experience from working with other videogame companies and has been busily leveling up a new wizard and experiencing all the Spiral has to offer.

As for me, don’t worry! I’m not leaving KingsIsle – in fact, KingsIsle has offered me an amazing opportunity to become a full-time Game Designer for our newest Mobile Game, Animal Cove! Ever since I was a “young wizard,” I’ve been crafting puzzles and games for my friends, and now my passion gets to become my new reality. Even better, I still get to work at the company I’ve loved and appreciated for almost ten years! I certainly hope you enjoy all our upcoming Mobile games. I think you’re going to love them.

Please know that I’ll still be “haunting” the forums as Dworgyn from time to time when needed (and obviously still playing my favorite MMOs, Wizard101 and Pirate101), but Sparck is taking the helm now, and I’m more than happy to help him as he learns more about our game and community.

You’ll be hearing more about this on KI Live, so let’s get on with the Introductions!
welcome to the wizard101 city nice to have you i will be around if you need me

Survivor
Jan 19, 2018
*Removed personal information*

-Vanessa (Moderator)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Spark,

I;m not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have 3 ideas to help wizard101's game play more enjoyable 1. Please add a tint color on storyline, spell, and pet quests in the quest book? I have a bunch of side quests mixed in others making it easy to get off track while questing. The Icon on the bottom of each quest can easily be overlooked. 2. Please add wizard's level above their school icon while in Team-up mode at Kiosk or any other areas? Many of us would like to know the strength of other wizards before they decide to team up with them so the higher level wiz. doesn't overpower the much lower level one 3. Please let wizards be able to trade reagent? Too much game time is put on hold for up to hours to collect or buy rare and had to get high demand reagents for crafting. Thank you reading this Spark.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
To Sparck,

I have question concerning accounts. If I heard this correctly, those who are under 13 on their account will never get open chat because Kingsisle does not keep track of birth dates under that age do to COPPA's ruling?? What if that player who is now 18 and created a new account with the requirements needed for open chat. Can he/she have their wizards transfer over with items in their backpack to that new account?