Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Wintertusk a Spiral World? (debate)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2012
Many people know of 17 worlds in the spiral. I only know of 16, because I do not believe that Wintertusk should be considered a world. My main reasons being:
  • It cannot be accessed through a spiral door
  • It shares the same culture and environment as Grizzleheim, and can only be accessed through that world
  • If you zoom out on the Grizzleheim world map, it also shows Wintertusk
In other words, Wintertusk is not a world, but is an extension/region of Grizzleheim. My main thing is that it can only be reached through a boat, not a spiral door. That is where I draw the line.

What do you guys think?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
Do you consider Aquila a world? since it can only be accessed from cyclops lain in wizard city. and not through a spiral door, but through a magical chariot.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Brian GoldenShade on Jul 19, 2018 wrote:
Many people know of 17 worlds in the spiral. I only know of 16, because I do not believe that Wintertusk should be considered a world. My main reasons being:
  • It cannot be accessed through a spiral door
  • It shares the same culture and environment as Grizzleheim, and can only be accessed through that world
  • If you zoom out on the Grizzleheim world map, it also shows Wintertusk
In other words, Wintertusk is not a world, but is an extension/region of Grizzleheim. My main thing is that it can only be reached through a boat, not a spiral door. That is where I draw the line.

What do you guys think?
I think that it's splitting hairs and doesn't really matter. By that definition Empyrea is not a world and is only an extension. It could not be accessed through a Spiral Door and only is able to because we brought our own. That being said, Zanadu, Ariel Shores and Athanor all are very distinct and do not share the same culture nor environment, yet are all classified as "Empyrea" I would definitley consider them distinct worlds as opposed to Wintertusk being distinct. The same argument can be similarly applied to the Polarian region. Is Penguinionia and Walzakistan independent worlds or are they just part of Polaris? What about Wysteria? It's just some backwater offshoot of the Wizard City cluster? Is Albion a part of Avalon or Marleybone? Or is it it's own independent world? I know that Spiral Door is the main way that Wizards Travel in the Spiral, but one must consider that it is not the only way. What defines a world varies from denizen to denizen. For example- Marleybone and Albion share a lot of similarities with England and Scotland- they were both once independent nations, but joined together to form the nation of the United Kingdom (along with Wales and Northern Ireland). Also one might argue that Celestia and Krokotopia are really just extensions of Marelybone- most of the denizens there are long gone except for a few rogue Astral Projections and Ghost Kroks- so that seems to be that you could almost consider them extensions too?

Bottom line- I don't think that it really matters that much, but also I think most people would agree that Wintertusk is an expansion of Grizzleheim, however you can still have local cultures develop as well. Kind of like you can say "I'm from California" and someone else can say "I'm from Georgia" but you can both say "I'm from the United States" or similarly to the European Union or the UK analogy as before. In that all of the statement's are not wrong- so there is no need to get too worked up over it.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
I have bit of an issue with your criteria. Wintertusk can't be accessed through the Spiral Door, yes, but neither does Aquila and Pirate101 shows that it is part of the Spiral. Also even though it has a spiral door, the Arcanum is just a spaceship not an actual world.

But besides that, I agree.

Grizzleheim had ended with the Coven claiming that the Everwinter will be inevitable and that we (the wizard) had only slightly delayed it. It's kind of funny because the Coven is one of the few villains in Wizard101 that claimed that they will return and then actually came back. And they did come back, just in a different area of Grizzleheim.

Although you do meet a crucial character in the storyline here, Wintertusk was really just a sequel to Grizzleheim, so I guess there wasn't really any need to make an entirely new world.

Amber Dreamflower 125

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I'm going to use Pirates 101 here.

Wizard 101 allows our wizard to access the main "island" world of each sky way portion of the spiral world. Aquila, Marleybone, and Mooshu all have other 'islands' accessible by sky boat that our Wizard cannot access. In addition to Grizzlehiem, both Krokotopia and Azreca have other islands within their worlds that our Wizard can only access via skyboat.

So, is Wintertusk a separate Spiral world? No. It is another island within the Grizzlehiem world system.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
Storm Fire and Ice on Jul 19, 2018 wrote:
Do you consider Aquila a world? since it can only be accessed from cyclops lain in wizard city. and not through a spiral door, but through a magical chariot.
It is totally different so I thinks it is another world/even Darkmoore. Though Kembaalung shouldn't be another world because it looks like Mooshu. I think that Aquila and Darkmoore should be accessed with the Spiral door. Aquila from the chamber behind the two headed dragon and the Darkmoore from Carpanthes village.
Andrew

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Yes, Wintertusk is an extension of Grizzleheim, because the official website makes it clear....

https://www.wizard101.com/game/worlds/grizzleheim

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I kinda think that saying wintertusk is its own world would be like saying the krokosphinx is. It's a part of the world of grizzleheim, but is separated from the main land.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
So would any world that can be accessed through the Spiral door not be a world if we haven't unlocked it on the Spiral door yet? Do they exist if we can't go there and are not on the door? Would or could Wintertusk ever be added to the Spiral door? If it could be added but isn't, is it a Spiral World or not?

I have many questions for Schrodinger's Cat...now where did I put the box?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
So would any world that can be accessed through the Spiral door not be a world if we haven't unlocked it on the Spiral door yet? Do they exist if we can't go there and are not on the door? Would or could Wintertusk ever be added to the Spiral door? If it could be added but isn't, is it a Spiral World or not?

I have many questions for Schrodinger's Cat...now where did I put the box?
Technically, Wintertusk could still receive a Spiral door (regardless of thoughts on separate world or not).

In Pirate101, KI added two separate "spiral doors" to access the same world (i.e. the method to enter Valencia and Florenza...on the other side of Valencia...much like Wintertusk).

We still have a third part of the Grizzleheim story to discover, so a second Spiral door to the same world is real possibility.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2012
I consider Wintertusk not a world because I feel like it is a continuation for Grizzleheim.