Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death to not go through absorbs

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
just dont use absorbs, girl in Common's Fairground has a 80% shield for every school (but balance) which also beats weaver by 5% both Myth and Life have a 70% twin shield for death, Balance has a Tri shield with a 35% shield to death, Ice has a 50% tower, and 35% legion shield that defends universal, buy Road Warrior packs, you'll find a Tri Death shield for 40% if i recall, all these lowers damage, and drains dont pass through

and besides. several death spells, Feint, Dark Pact, Empower, Sacrifice kill the user.... and they have the most useless Xpip card ever

take note I dont pvp, but still

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
camahawk on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
just dont use absorbs, girl in Common's Fairground has a 80% shield for every school (but balance) which also beats weaver by 5% both Myth and Life have a 70% twin shield for death, Balance has a Tri shield with a 35% shield to death, Ice has a 50% tower, and 35% legion shield that defends universal, buy Road Warrior packs, you'll find a Tri Death shield for 40% if i recall, all these lowers damage, and drains dont pass through

and besides. several death spells, Feint, Dark Pact, Empower, Sacrifice kill the user.... and they have the most useless Xpip card ever

take note I dont pvp, but still
I am going to be polite then because you don't pvp and are actully trying to leave suggestions other than give me irrelivant advice.

Life has spells that give them absorbs after they attack, like I have a Hungry Caterpillar which does around 1200+ damage, and it gives me an 800 absorb. I also have a spell called sacred charge (Which I don't use much) that attacks around 800 and can give me a 250 absorb (Which isn't much which is why I don't use it much). Dark Pact and Empower and Sacrifice are nice when they have a weakness on them and want to take it off. And Sacrifice can heal back double than what the damage has done depending on their outgoing/incoming heals.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Pouffy23 on Oct 29, 2017 wrote:
I found out just recently that death does not go through absorbs, and I was HIGHLY confused. I need to explain why death needs to go through absorbs.

Life is known for having absorbs (And sometimes ice), and the Hungry Caterpillar gives an absorb on it which is lifes most used spell in pvp and boss fights.

Life and Death are known as "Rivals" if you want to call it that, so they have things that can help themselves against the other school. Death has doom and gloom and infection on many spells and an infection card. Life only has heals (Which is useless while going against a death because they just get a heal back after an attack). Life has nothing against death besides a set shield.

Life needs deaths to not go through absorbs so that they don't get as much of that heal back as they should. They would use up damage on the absorb instead of the other players health so they don't get that much of a heal back. This is what a life needs! Death is hard to go up against especially as a life if they have infection and doom and gloom and can get major heals from attacking you. Life has to choose whether to heal, or attack and it is sometimes a hard choice.

I think that death not going through absorbs is very unfair because a lot of life spells give absorbs, and for that to not even help a life against their rival is just insane to me on how unfairly treated that is. The hungry caterpillar is basically useless against a death unless you want to do damage (The absorb is actually kinda useless anyways but that is a whole different story) and the weaver gives a universal -75% shield which is honestly very unfair, especially if they go first. That is also for another post.

What the main point is, that is WHY I thought absorbs were in the game for life wizards, so that death doesn't get much of a heal back. I have always thought that was why life gets absorbs, and I thought it was a very good idea. Then someone told me recently that they do not, and I tested it to find out that it was true. I can't believe my eyes. All of my time, I thought that. But now I just think absorbs are kinda useless and maybe the hungry caterpillar should just give us a heal, or a blade or something instead of an absorb that doesn't help us at all. I am quite sure that the weaver is 100% better than an 800 absorb, and I can be sure about that.
Wanna know fair?

-Death can't really use they own utility and other schools including (life) can use them better without taking blades or big damage
- Drains doesnt get full enchant or full heal.
- Drains don't trigger empowerment aura pip effect but spells like caterpillar, saytr and etc does.
-Every school gets a x pip spell that compliments their specialty with the exception of only death with minions.
-Doom and gloom doesnt help death as much as sanctuary helps life. At least its a buff which death gains nothing.

Should i continue?